Cayman XT and PRO are Radeon HD 6970 and HD 6950

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Xzibit, Oct 19, 2010.

1. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    with all those extra transistors it makes me wonder what has amd got up their sleeve? something in the numbers shouts to me this cards a BEAST, anyone with one care to shed some light?

2. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Next troll please :eyebrows:

3. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    I favour his opinion over AMD PR slides (just because he is objective and respected) although , like you, I'll wait for the reviews :)

Last edited: Dec 12, 2010
  4. Scorch666

Scorch666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060 laptop
    I have a feeling AMD have got winning cards this time round. They are gonna seriously drop jaws with the release. :eek2:

If am wrong then ...... Meh.

5. Indeo

Indeo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970@950\1200 + GT240
    5xxx series were based on that std to promote AMD-only builds (so far pcie 2.1 is only supported by AMD mobos), it's not new but has been around for some time already. What's for other troll stuff, I'd love to revisit this thread in, say, 3 days to mock every wrong statement that was made if I were at least 10 years younger, lolz :nerd: I mean c'mon, what's the hassle anyway? None of these even come close to my 32k for GPU in Vantage. And if Cayman isn't as good OCer as 5xxx, then even Antilles is going to be slower than OCed 5970 [​IMG]

6. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    I don't know why there is still so much confidence when everything coming out proving these cards are just not top tier stuff. Their not even trying to beat the 580. Just content with beating the 480 by a relatively small margin.

If Chispy says their disappointing then there is no hope. and to top it off crap overclockers? Then anyone with highly overclocked 5870's or 5970's has no where to go but either get a overclocked 580 or two of them in SLI.

7. perosmct

perosmct Banned

GPU:
    unknown
    ...we should wait a few days longer, and fisrt lets see, if an oc'ed cypress on crossfire and oc'ed hemlock can match a stock cayman...and then have a conversation for antilles...

8. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    no way its that fast man, i mean c'mon

9. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    5870 and 6970 in AVP2010
    [​IMG]
    Notepad
    [​IMG]

10. perosmct

perosmct Banned

GPU:
    unknown
    i didnt said they are that fast, i dindt say anything, i wait the 15th Dec to talk as all the human kind......

just hold that...

11. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Think anyone using the term troll should be banned lol.

Getting boring now, and is used every time someone says something they don't agree with.

Ideally, i would love the 6970 to be faster and cheaper than the GTX580, just think how cheap everything would get, but somehow i don't think we would be that lucky.

12. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090
    Well from that ducati guy leaking benches of his 6970 doesn't look that impressive

13. perosmct

perosmct Banned

GPU:
    unknown
    that's why:

14. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    if they turn out faster than the 580 then I think Im getting either 1 6970 or 2 6950 but I must see the review first, Im still scratching my head about memorians comment though, chispy says they are crap.

If AMD gimped the driver doesnt that mean the reviews will be later than usual?

15. perosmct

perosmct Banned

GPU:
    unknown
    nobody knows for sure man...everyone has his informer, information sources...

in 3 days, we will see, who were trolling,& which people were misinforming...;)

16. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    ah i didnt know that :)

yea agree, everything looks so messed up atm its best to wait and see, only 3days more days:nerd:

btw;
    yea there are these two 6970 Owners; apparently each bought 6970 for "395€" and now they're both leaking all these possible fake benches.. each has a amd phenomII 6 core at ~4ghz, one has 1055t, the other 1090t..
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=3807357&postcount=6

one of these two posted 3dmark vantage performance score - it was around 21300P with these crippled drivers..im sure amd ain't that stupid to fully leak final driver for it before actual nda ends, imo they (amd) is just teasing us...and i bet those gpu-z readings aren't 100% right either lol :nerd:

So wasn't 6970 suppose to be near or around 580gtx anyway? i think so far with these crippled benches(probably on purpose with driver) it doesnt look that wrong, what around 15-25% slower on avg..

imo something like this is gonna be the final situation - take around 1k; this was leaked back at 25 October..

[​IMG]
    http://videocardz.com/27483/amd-radeon-hd-6970-vantage-results-leaked

17. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    They slower than the 480 lol

18. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090
    confused why would they be on trick? 580 an 570 already out there to purchase, so why would there purposely show gimped performance only hurts their own image.
    Everyone who has seen that ducati results today will have been put off an like oh 6970 nothing special

19. perosmct

perosmct Banned

GPU:
    unknown
  20. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    The 69's are a major flop, as these leaked benchies are to consistent for my liking, they are all showing the same thing, id be a bit dubious if there was like 20 leaks showing them to be beating the 570/580, and the odd one or 2 showing them as bad as shown here, but thats not the case, so i wont be disappointed on Wednesday when the reviews show that these leaked benchies are right.