Gran Turismo 5

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by boodikon, Jun 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Yep golded all those easy with ABS turned off.

2. x-speed69

x-speed69 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning
    I just had very strange championship in gran turismo all stars...

i did finish it once before with my 787b and golded them all easy.
    now second time i can't believe how hard it was, i finished the races in 5th, 4th, 1st, 3rd and 2nd. Biggest problem was my car that was handling like that top gear elise with comfort hard, especially when braking..so unstable.
    I have never done anything to my 787b from GT auto(engine overhaul etc) so could that have any effect?

3. Shagula

Shagula Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3090 Ulltra
    lol nice. Thats what i've been using to grind B-Spec. Just put the driver in a Mazda Furai and he wins all the races with no assistance!

So last night i was playing the Indy 500, 200 lap race on A-Spec. 178 laps in i pause and go and get a drink. When i come back i drop the control and somehow the control chooses restart race... so the race restarts.... :bang:. PLEASE PD ADD AN "ARE YOU SURE" CONFIRMATION SO THIS CANT EVER HAPPEN AGAIN DAMNIT. Rage :banana:

4. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    GT4 had the option to save part way through a championship, exit the championship, and then return to the main menu have a mess around and as long as you selected that same championship you could continue from where you left off. Does GT5 have this option, its just doing the Formula GT; 5 races in a row 20 laps each is gonna be one long, ass numbing experience otherwise.

5. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Your chassis is most like shot you need to get it repaired, cause when the cars body gets loose the car will be darn near uncontrollable.

Happened to my enzo in the 2nd last race of the b spec championship for the zonda r car, by the last race my poor b spec guy was loosing the car easy even paced down into corners still won 1st in every race but one but that last race was a challenge to keep him ahead.

6. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Okay how long has GT5 been out for now? 2 weeks, more? So why on gods green earth is it still such a pain in the neck to get this game on line? Yeah at launch the excuse 'we didn't expect such demand' may have been a barely passable excuse (in the same way 'I was giving away free money and didn't think anyone would be interested' is a passable excuse) but two and a bit weeks and 3 updates later and it is still hit and miss if you will get on line.

I am a bit lost here, we have had 3 updates and as far as I can see they seem to have fixed... well nothing. If this series of updates is anything to go by it is becoming obvious why it took 6 years to get this game out, 4 years spent doing a whole bunch of nothing and 2 years actually creating the game.

Same issue here with my tuned 458, but I know exactly what the cause was. I turned ALL driving aids off for another car in a race I was doing before hand. The settings carried over to my 458 for the next race and it turned out the brakes were locking up under braking. Took a lap or two to adjust my driving style, had to be uber uber gentle on the brakes and ensure I only braked in a staright line other wise the back would step out. Check out your driving aids and see if ABS is turned off if it is turn it back to 1 and try the car again.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2010
  7. JxL

JxL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMR FirePro Dual D500
    YOU BET!! :) if anyone wants to race me (from tomorrow night), add me up on PSN: Ginklas.

See you out there :)

8. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    I give up trying to play GT5 online, been getting disconnected every few minutes off PSN all night.

9. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    you may had previously entered a race where a crappier tire is required.

race A (racing:hard) >
    race B (comfort: hard) >
    race A (comfort: hard

on race B, the game defaults your tires to the best tires you have that fits the regulation. once you get back to race A, it won't default back to the racing: hard tho as the comfort:hard tires is still technically "allowable".

i've had this many times, so check your tire load outs before you start every race.

10. x-speed69

x-speed69 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning
    Well my 787b only has
    Sport soft
    Racing hard
    Racing Soft

i started with racing soft and changed to hard for another race but that didn't change much.

@The Laughing Ma

Thanks for the nascar tip that helped a lot and got gold on all the last events but it took a while because always when i was first those other racers wanted to kill me >_<

Last edited: Dec 11, 2010

11. JPMATRIX

JPMATRIX Member Guru

GPU:
    9800GTX SLI
    LOL the damage system is just stupid and expensive, for one race with small bumps mostly caused by the other cars that bump in to me for behind almost 200.000 in repairs!

This is great really....

I think I am going to say F*** you sony I am going to sell the PS3 buy a Xbox with forza.

6 fuc**** years developing this piece of shi*

12. Shagula

Shagula Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3090 Ulltra
    The 'repair' cost will be the same even if you do a clean lap with no accidents. Your not supposed to repair after each race! After time your car will start to perform worse and thats when you do the engine overhaul and rigidity repair. Im fairly certain you will have to drive the car a hell of alot before this even becomes necessary. Its a good idea to do both of these right away to the used cars you buy if they have high mileage on them already.

13. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    restoring rigidity has nothing to do with repairing "cosmetic damage". cosmetic car damage gets repaired after every race for free. "restore rigidity" is for chassis deformation over the car's lifespan.

14. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Yep, though some more information in some menu would've been usefull. As of now, noone has a clue on "when" to apply both of them.

15. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Funny i had every hint at when to apply them, when my car was spinning out in turns i could normally take sliding off the road etc time to fix the chassis.

When my oil changes were not topping off the hp in my car and its hp kept going down every time i checked it, time to rebuild the engine.

FInd it funny that people when they goto gt auto and pick repair chassis they never bother to notice that there is not body damage on their car, since the car rotates so you can look at it......then rage about the cost of body repairs.

16. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    yea. agreed.

wrt to oil changing, i just change the oil on the cars that i use whenever i can. it's a cheap maintenance, why be skimp on it. :p i don't know if you've seen this, but it's something i've come across in GTP forums. it's long-term engine degradation over time when you don't periodically do oil changes.

[​IMG]

SOURCE: http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=138885&highlight=oil+change

edit: added source.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2010
  17. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Yea i change the oil after every lap i do around nurburg, every race or series i do, also change it immediately getting a car. at 250 cr you can do one noob race and have enuf oil changes for a fleet of cars, cheapest thing you can do to increase hp period.

18. JPMATRIX

JPMATRIX Member Guru

GPU:
    9800GTX SLI
    I wasn´t talking about visual damage repairs, I know that that cost is for the chassis, but it just doesn´t make no sense, so the visual damage is magically repaired after a race but the damage to the chassis isnt´t. LOL?

You have to remember that in most cars if the chassis is damaged the car ill never be the same even after repairs thats why after a crash that damages the chassis the scrap ward is the best option.

they could at least made a system that showed a percentage or something similar so that we could know exactly when to repair, and not confusing a damaged chassis with a bad day.

now I have cars that cost more to repair than to buy new ones 1.000.000 to repair lol

The problem? The AI that hits me in the back at 300km/h and cause me to hit the wall at that speed, and the fuc**** bob in b spec that keeps hitting everything, that why I only give whim crap cars.

I have the veyrion that I used to it a wall at 400Km/h on purpose and is the car that bob uses, it was 500.000 of repairs and it drives normal, I also have a corvete that I used 3 times after the second race with minor bumps caused by the opponents 198.500 off repair with was undrivable. (during the like the wind in extreme races)

Real driving simulator my ass.

19. Shagula

Shagula Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3090 Ulltra
    That chart is wrong :S. I just ran my Toyota 88C in the 200 lap Indy enduro and before the race it had 1050hp and after the race it had 980... Thats a huge loss of HP over a relatively short distance (500miles).After another oil change shes back to 1050hp again. Im gonna to refer to HP as hitpoints as this feels like an RPG grind atm... Going to do the Indy 500 for the third time now on my grind to level 30... SIGH

20. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Same, an oil change for every series/championship/endurance race, oh and a carwash :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.