October 25th last 400 series drivers C'mon Nvidia

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by RagDoll_Effect, Dec 9, 2010.

1. RagDoll_Effect

RagDoll_Effect Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    Nvidia, could you please release some new drivers, we have all been patient and we need some new drivers...

regards, on behalf of some avid Guru3d people :pc1:

if this actually works, we should see some new drivers real soon, or my machine will end up through the window lol :banana: j/k

2. paradox

paradox Master Guru

GPU:
    Club3d GTX 470 on HDTV
    I agree usually Nvidia released drivers (Beta or WHQL) every mount or so. I think its because 500 series got released and they forgot about earlyer released 400 series (3 WHQL drivers for 500 series in a month). they could have made a driver for 500 & 400 series or at least release a beta.

lol :D

3. dnottis

dnottis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SSC 970 GTX 4GB
    +1, this is getting lame. Gimme some drivers... "you" promised us every 30 days a new WHQL. These better be gold!!!

4. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    They don't want to follow AMD down the monthly route, as look how bad their drivers are with doing it that way :eek:

5. Fr0stx

Fr0stx Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780SC@1100Mhz 1.087v
    Totally agree, too long to fix the drivers... Especially with all the pending issues! Now 3Dmark11 Sli not working is the cherry on top.

The unified drivers is also a big joke. All branches should have there own branch to avoid introduction of new bugs everytme they fix one for another branch.

6. Luumpy

Luumpy Master Guru

GPU:
    470gtx s/c
    I think the 400,s are flawed in some way, Nvidia cant fix the issues so has quickly moved on to the 500,s The micro sttuering will never be fixed.
    PROVE ME WRONG NVIDIA!!

7. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    they shoot themselves in foot with 260+ series, they better make it from scratch or its hopeless..

really the last stable driver, apart from poor 460gtx support (nv fault since they made it so driver dependent), was 258.96 and that's almost 5moths ago..

8. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    If you use a modded INF then can't you use the newer drivers? I mean the original v263.09 WHQL drivers were intended for the GTX 580 and GTX 460 SE so it seems that they should work fine with older card owners too. In fact, the release notes makes mention of all cards anyway. The v263.09 drivers contain a profile for 3DMark11 by the way with a SLI entry so if you're desperate for new drivers and don't mind losing the WHQL certification then try those.

I'm still confused though as to why NVIDIA haven't released a unified driver set for v263.09 for all cards as these exclusive drivers for specific cards just lead to confusion and/or annoyance for people with older cards IMO.

9. Fr0stx

Fr0stx Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780SC@1100Mhz 1.087v
    I wrote specific branches not specific cards. 2XX branch should have is driver 4XX too and so on.
    263.09 does'nt seem to function right, still has a hole lot of bug (control panel and other) and 265.90 (quatro) does'nt work with most GTX460.

10. Heavens Dragon

Heavens Dragon Active Member

GPU:
    Galaxy GTX 460 1gb
    why im getting the feeling that we will get some nice drivers around the launch of 69xx :p

11. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070
    The 263.09 drivers do not work in sli in 3dmark11.Only the 265.90 quatro drivers do.

12. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Yep....100% stable ATI drivers, released on a monthly basis.....or buggy drivers and zero support from nVidia....

I'd rather have monthly driver releases with minor bugs that only effect .1% of the user base....than have no support at all....

That's ok....SLI doesn't work in WoW either, even though the game does in fact support SLI.

I wouldn't hold my breath..... nVidia seems to have completely lost interest in the 400 series.

13. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    Any particular reason you need new drivers? With the rig you have,and the two cards you have,there should be no issues what so ever.

14. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    Don't compare ATI and NVIDIA regarding drivers. NVIDIA is so much better and faster fixing things. ATI releases one whql driver per month but they brake more thing than they fix.

15. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    it was the same with 8800 few times, they keep releasing 9series drivers or later 200 series, now again with 400 the rest kinda waits,.. last time when it happened there where allot of complains @ nv and they got their acts straight, but looks like they fell in the same track again..

16. anth_15

anth_15 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
  17. phatbx133

phatbx133 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1050ti 4GB
    New video cards hardware with bad driver = bad investment + waste money = don't buy 4xx series, wait for Nvidia do something with stable drivers for 4xx first.

Mine 2x 450 GTS works fine with 260.99 and 3Dmark 2011 do not work with SLI either.

265.90 with 3Dmark 2011, SLI working. but it's for Quadro shty. why bother mod inf ? I want stable driver right out of box that what I paid for.:bang:

Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
  18. dnottis

dnottis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SSC 970 GTX 4GB
    Right. But he also stated....

The R265 Geforce desktop driver is a few days away. I can't get any more specific than that :(

If you want to use a modded 265.90 driver, that should be ok. The upcoming driver won't be much different from that one

Most of us are already using them :(

19. lysaer

lysaer Master Guru

GPU:
    4 x 780ti
    265.90 is a great driver, just use that

20. H-Ackermans

H-Ackermans Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX550Ti
    Nag nag nag, I'm using 269.03 whql for my 9600GT's. What's the problem????