So long my PC gaming brothers

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by BigRob, Dec 8, 2010.

1. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    Personally i find the gfx on my PS3 absolute $hit, the odd game like Uncharted 2/GOW3 looks excellent but a lot of games look like crap mainly due to no AA, low resolution and lack of draw distance. Thats one major turn off for me, a game costing 55euro where i can get the 35euro version for my PC and enjoy a 3 screen setup with a hige resolution, and lots of gfx bells and whistles. Also on some games i can use TrackIR.

I never ever understand this argument, im leaving PC's, consoles rock, gfx are great etc. etc.
    Consoles are generally sold below cost, yet you pay a fortune for the games. During my PS2 era i spent 2300euro on my PS2 over 6 years, at the end of that everything i had bought for the PS2 wouldnt have fetched 120euro. On the PC because the games are cheaper the cost of upgrading hardware( within reason ) is nil if you normally buy at least 10 full price games a year due to the saving over the cost of console games, on top of that over a 5 year period of upgrading your PC its actually worth something.

The whole cheap to game on consoles is a farce and its deliberately marketed that way, lure you in and you'll spend more. Of course one major upside of the console market is picking up second hand games cheap, however ive done this about 10 times ever and most of those games would fail loading at some point due to read errors or whatever.

And anyway, if you like games what the hell is the point making a thread about how crap PC gaming is and how much better console gaming is? if youre a gamer you buy the hardware required to play the games you want to play, so obviously you shouldnt have bothered having a PC( it is an ancient Dell afterall - from your post ) in the first place and just stuck with it.
    I have a PS3 because i like MGS/Gran Turismo and Tekken/Soul Calibur and a load of others, doesnt mean i wont be playing my PC. Also FPS that are multiplatform for me are $hit to play on console due to no kb+mouse.

If you like to game 'exclusively' and for the forseeable future on something where everything is dictated to you, functionality can be taken away any time, all the peripherals are overpriced as well as the games then go ahead, enjoy.

*EDIT* No offense but i still dont understand the point of a thread which starts with "Gaming on PC forever, hardcore gamer with all the latest hardware, saw my mates cheap PS3 with a tonne of fantastic looking games, im converted, selling everything, i love PS3"????
    Do we all need to know this? why hadnt you checked consoles before spending a fortune on a PC that you dont use? dont you read reviews of games for other platforms? why were you PC gaming when it sounds like you'd prefer to be laid back on the couch?
    :3eyes:

Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
  2. BigRob

BigRob Banned

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 570@920mhz

Before you further embarrass yourself I suggest you go back and read the topic of this thread as many times as it takes until you finally get it because judging by the above post you either didnt comprehend anything at all that I said or you never read any of it to begin with and decided to jump to your own conclusions which btw it looks like that is exactly just what you did.

I also never said a console was superior to a gaming PC and if you had taken the time to notice I even mentioned that it wasnt. Also dude my "old Dell PC" that I mentioned was not the PC that I sold which I was gaming on. :rolleyes:

3. dudecat64

dudecat64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock rx 6750xt
    I have the xbox360/wii and to tell you the truth i don't play many pc games anymore. Mainly cause there is nothing interesting me out there. Farcry was fun but gets old fast. Crysis was ok but not much replay value in it. Need for speed was nothing great and i can play it on my xbox360 with the controller better then my pc. To me pc gaming is coming to an end. I like lfd and lfd2 but they get old too. Fps on pc have basically come to an hault right now and not looking great for the feature either. I will still play on my pc but most of my gaming is on my xbox or wii.

4. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    PC gaming isn't coming to an end.

It's just changing; evolving. Moving towards the Indie market more. People simply can't understand that.

5. BigRob

BigRob Banned

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 570@920mhz
    I agree, I dont think pc gaming is in a real danger of coming to an end, at least not anytime soon.

6. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    i have nothing against realism or graphics advances, infact i'm all for it, but as long as people give graphics precedence over gameplay, it's gonna be one fail after another.

the PC platform however will never die as long as indie developers exist, i fully support them because their games are great, fun, cheap, made perhaps by only a bunch of really creative guys, who needs EA and Ubisoft? i certainly don't.

also games such as NBA 2K11 the best selling basketball game of all time on any platform, it's DX9 and it looks a million bucks (generic crowd excluded, you get the gameplay AND the graphics, proof that we need great developers and a motivated company, we don't need no DX12. ;)

7. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    hehehe

8. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Amen to that.

I think what's really going on atm is that ppl 'wake up' and begin to realize that you cant play a gfx demo.

You know you're watching a gfx demo when:
    - you cant relate to anything on screen, it just bores you after 1 hour
    - you got a feeling you're watching more cutscenes rather than playing
    - your 360 controller gets cold in your hands
    - you have to squint your eyes to see an enemy moving through the glaring lights and the fog in the distance

:D :D :D

9. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz

Good times, bro. Good times...

10. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Not looking for any type of response, but makes a thread like this?

Is this some kinda new trollin? I mean, he's a recent account.

11. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    Create thread about abandoning PC for a console. Watch fanbois defend the master race.

Touche.

12. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    interesting i realized that i don`t have any posts here..interesting.

13. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    just say "I blame developers" , and your good to go :thumbup:

14. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    The truth was , i BLAME WHITELIGHTNING but k, i blame devs :D..did u see my WoW pics in screenshot topic pls? :D:D:D

15. phatbx133

phatbx133 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1050ti 4GB
    Blame to greedy piracy cost PC business loss and Game Developer start more interesting working on console for the games first then second port to PC with buggy, unoptimized.

16. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    yeah i have, but like i said, i dont like the game man. graphics are ok , but i hate the gameplay :( i blame developers for this!

17. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop

ur lost man...just play the trial, well trial was boring to me too when u pay u keep gaming lol :D

18. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    well you just like paying for things hehe :D

19. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    haha yee :D also let me add...

- you wear a kevlar jacket and go to sleep thinking it's a Nanosuit (bed bugs protection engaged!) [​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. phill1978

phill1978 Master Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 1GB 5850@840/1140
    i think theres something to be said about both console and pc. i own 360,ps3 and a decent pc. im lucky to be able to use an eyefinity setup or a DLP 1080p projector

both are great at different things. the pc lacks instant pickup and play with friends, but you always feel like your eating the bargain bucket in terms of graphics and effects, even in sound.

but in all areas a console has pretty basic graphics nowaday. i mean look at gamespots PS3 vs xbox360 graphics comparisons !

PS3 has the poorest performance so far. Apart from around 3 games that are cleverly coded and optimized its got generally poor GFX and a poor controller to play them on and constant updates and a poor online experience. if it wasnt for the build/operation and blueray and wipeouthd id sell mine.

the main thing i notice about all comparisons is how far they are behind a pc.

COD on xbox and ps3 are well below 720p.. which isnt HD gaming and is half of FullHD to begin with, further more i can play with 3x full HD resolution with eyefinity or one monitor on 1600p and 4 million pixels at beyond a solid 60FPS

in fact on 1 oc`d 5850 i am running full settings on MW2 @ 7 m pixel over 60fps !

a game not even optimised for pc..

xbox360

[​IMG]

pc

[​IMG]

even on a game with the same original texture you can see how basic a 360`s texturing is. just running a console game on pc benefits from better pixel pitch and the acurate colour a monitor has over an overblow over saturated lcd tv and allows for proper filtering and AA