WoW Gets Dx11 in Cataclysm Beta

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Jul 6, 2010.

1. mameira

mameira Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 470 GTX
    free doesnt mean better

2. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    tho LOTRO if you want all out of it you will pay the monthly fee... i can't play my under 55 lvl characters without buying all sorts of quest packs and whatnot.

I think both are good games but currently WoW with cata is really the better one :D

3. mameira

mameira Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 470 GTX
    last time I played LOTRO it had a LOT of bugs D: plus it felt like wow ><

4. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    played LOTRO too for months i guess...paid for it..it was boring to me..

i bought WoW last night..14 euros..let me explain. in my battlenet count as i see i used WoW trial RIGHT..it looks like i clicked on it and its DONE so no more fre 10 days of trial to me. yes i know u can give me free buddy invitation too..but well, lets see if its good or not..i wonder if i like this, and and tonight u say new addon arrives, what if i pass other addons and buy todays addon, what will happen? wont allow me to do things in this new addon?

5. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    or proper dx11 support, dx11 makes a huge difference if implemented properly, tessellation is an epic feature, however developers so far did not really implement it the way it's meant to be implemented, that's why any visual difference is so minor.

however if this continues to be the trend, then i agree with you, i'd rather have games use more cores etc than dx11. :pc1:

6. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    it would be funny if WoW is running in low FPS with those cartoonish looking visuals on my pc..pfff.

7. MAD-OGRE

MAD-OGRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA 780 Classifieds
    SLI and Crossfire work fine in WOW, they have made the game look alot better over the years, and its still the best MMO IMO.(12 million gold farmers cant be wrong)

8. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i think u r right..its the best mmo..my wifes friend's husband plays this. and she whines abot it alot lol...according to her. he puts laptop next to their new baby's bed. while he be sure she is sleeping meanwhile he plays WoW...well, he is happy, baby is happy, wife is hapy(becausue she is having a good sleep while baby is watched by husband who plays WoW next to baby) hu? LOL.

9. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    i wish i had the patience to play these kind of games :(

10. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    u mean any mmo? why man..why white why????

11. basel

basel Master Guru

GPU:
    asus 580gtx 950/2200
    why would u try wow when u played conan , conan is light-years ahead of wow in term of combat system and graphics:3eyes:

12. Zer0K3wL

Zer0K3wL Banned

GPU:
    gtx 480 850/1700/2000 h2o
    for those intrested in recruit friend and wanna level with triple exprience boost.
    I'm rolling a goblin shaman on Nordrassil tonight.

pm me mail adress and i send inv
    can inv up to 18 players atm :p

13. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    I cant answer this until i play wow man. And why wow has more subcribers than conan? Or not. .

14. basel

basel Master Guru

GPU:
    asus 580gtx 950/2200
    simply because conan needs pc specification way higher than wow ancient engine

15. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    WoW looks miles better then it did in 2005 tho when it came... the water is pretty beautiful now... it works really nicely too i got 60-110 fps all the time with all maxed and 12xAA 16xAF.

Oh and Conan is miles behind in gameplay in the end and doesn't have the content.

16. basel

basel Master Guru

GPU:
    asus 580gtx 950/2200
    how is it miles behind in gameplay , u tellin me wow has better gameplay with button mashing than conan that have a combos that can only be triggered by certain moves , the classes balancing might need some work but overall the animation and fatalities create much more fluid realistic gameplay than wow , and for content everyone is complaining right now in conan community that conan has gone too much into pve , there is ton of pve content espacially with the rise of the godslayer expansion , its alot of fun u should try it :)

Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  17. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I played AoC upon release and found it to be amazing for the first area (20 levels or so) - when you get past that the game really falls apart. The plethora of instanced zones is off putting for a start. The difficulty wasn't exactly all that high either. While I know things have improved, they haven't improved enough.

Even with the simplifications WoW still offers more of an end game challenege than AoC. That said I'm not paticularly interested in playing that anymore either, the direction the game has went in is not the one I was hoping for.

Regarding the origional topic: Were I still playing it I too would have rather seen better support for SLI/More cores. While the game doesn't look as bad as people make out, even higher end rigs struggle to run it with everything maxed out while in a 25 man raid scenario. With my current rig I had to lower various settings or face various lag/stuttering issues - which simply isn't something you want to deal with when you're doing a 25 man hard mode.

18. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    well they combos are rather poorly implemented imo and are really easy to do its the same as wow button smashing in the end when you take into consideration the amount of skills you will need to use in wow shaman dps is like 8 buttons to use all the time, some are even worse taking 18 buttons to play the char. :D

I played till 65 in AoC and ran outta quests back in the day :<

19. basel

basel Master Guru

GPU:
    asus 580gtx 950/2200
    well they fixed 90% of the lvling gaps , the game is way much better now . i used to play wow and i recall the dk having a very boring and bland rotations , not sure about how wow shamans use all those buttons.

20. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    yeah depends on a class. arcane mage is like 2 buttons. rogue uses around 3 with some 5 cooldowns.