The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Scorch666, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Liranan

Liranan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6870 1000/1200
    The show's got someone's panties in a twist.

I'm going to look into this. I think I've seen the first episode but can't remember.

2. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    that is hwo you know it is a good show. If you have that type of visceral reaction FOR a character or senario in a show, its damn good. If they was complaining about the writing, that is indicate of bad show. But he complains as if he is actually there.

Damn good show.

3. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Yes i like this show,its pretty good to watch:)

4. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    downloading them now, let's see what the fuss is about

5. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Great show, especially the intro is so well done, fits you right in the apocalyptic atmosphere. I too am surprised why there are only 6 episodes, as said before my guess is they did not expect such positive reviews. What makes this zombie ''movie'' unique is that it actually feels real and beliveable, I really hope they plan more seasons.

6. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    The reason for the short season length is probably that production costs are relatively high. In general people cost more than machines and the zombies require a lot of extras, a lot of makeup art & a lot of little physical SFX.

I hope it has staying power for 3-4 seasons at least. Right now the numbers are holding up very well, with almost no drop so far. Oscillating around 5m viewers with +- 250k.

Compare that with the event which debuted at 11m and is now down to 5.19m viewers. That's just to say there's usually a massive falloff, but in this case the show is actually picked up viewers in the male demographic.

7. Daftshadow

Daftshadow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080
    Love the show but the last episode, number 5 was a bit slow. Still dragging on from the previous episode only with more mourning and talking and less zombie killing.

8. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    yeah me and the wife just watched number 5,do agree with what your saying,a little slow...

I told my wife when Merl was trapped on that roof and he hacked his own hand offto escape the handcuffs that he would survive and take out many zombies...Merls a a proper Gung-Ho Zombie Basher,wonder how hes gonna make his reappearance and when.

9. zinjin

zinjin Guest

GPU:
    Evga
    I too have been watching, and have enjoyed it so far, but one thing that still bothers me, Why-TF would you cut your hand off when it would be far less painful and easier to cut the all-thread?

10. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    Well the only reason to be carrying around a hacksaw is to cut through metal locks. I assume that's the kind of saw they had, so it could cut through the handcuffs themselves.

Of course for formulaic TV it's more fun to have him cut off his whole hand instead of cutting the pipe or breaking some bones/cutting the thumb off.

11. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4080
    saw ep4..damn the hot chick died :( i hate it when hot chicks die :p

12. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    ending of ep. 5 was awsome.

13. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4080
    Didn't they clarify that it was just a bluff in the end? I was talking at the scene at the hospital for the elderly. It ended well anyway and they shared the guns :D

14. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    He cut his hands off because he thought the Zombies were going to break-through and he had no time.

Did no one else get this?

15. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4080
    part of me suspects Merl had something to do with the zombies attacking the camp..lol

16. zinjin

zinjin Guest

GPU:
    Evga
    No time? Cutting through what looked like 5/8" all thread is a hell of a lot quicker than cutting your hand off and less painful not to mention you GET to KEEP your hand still attached.

17. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Dude, you don't know his situation, he was panicking and thought "OH ****, I HAVE TO GET OUT OF HERE"

And no, it wouldn't take more time, cutting through cuffs like that would take 5 minutes.

He could do his hand in 1, if he really rushed it, and based on the blood loss, I bet he did. It was a very un-even cut. I wouldn't be surprised if he half-way sawed it, then just kinda...ripped it off, you know?

18. zinjin

zinjin Guest

GPU:
    Evga
    Not through the cuffs, or the chain. If you look at the rack the pipes are resting on, they are being supported by 1-5/8" deep strut and all-thread. All thread is soft steel and cuts very easily, all he had to do is cut the all thread that the cuff is connected to and bend it out a bit, and take off with the cuffs still attached.

I know I am arguing what is scripted and was added for drama and effect.
    And I get his state of mind of OMG imma gonna die mentality.

I guess I like to sit back and over look the whole situation and put myself in that situation and what would I do differently, and I definitely would have done things differently and kept both my hands, after all two hands are better than one and a stump.

19. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    HOW ABOUT THAT SEX SCENE AT THE BEGINNING OF EPISODE 2?!

I think it was 2.

20. llerenaprincipe

llerenaprincipe Ancient Guru

GPU:
    DIAMOND X1950XTX 512MB, 650/2000Mhz
    well we're about about MERLE
    not the brightest light in the bulb...