Lets tallk.....BODY SCANNERS

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Deleted member 109358, Nov 17, 2010.

?

Scanners, do we need them

Poll closed Dec 17, 2010.
  1. Yes

41 vote(s)
    36.3%
  2. No

54 vote(s)
    47.8%
  3. Dont care, im a hermet and never travel

22 vote(s)
    19.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    There is no truth, the only thing any of us know is true is the thoughts and experiences that belong to us personally.

Everything else is just other peoples lies, or personal interpretations of what little facts they have.

2. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    double

Last edited: Nov 23, 2010
  3. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    you think that the towers were destroyed with bombs?

I have heard this before...nothing but junk-philosophy.

4. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Well i just made it up when i wrote it lol, and nothing philosophical about it, common sense.
    I don't trust a word anyone says, even family and friends to a certain degree.

Believing anything, or anyone is 100% truthful is very naive.

5. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    Truth can be hard to find but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

The world looks grey not because there's no black or white, but because it's not mans place to judge.

Anyway we're kind of veering off the tracks here aren't we?

6. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Yep, that was my point, and that is what keeps me having an open mind, some might say im sitting on the fence, but i wouldn't take that as an insult.

We are veering off track, but i was trying to avoid the other subject, since that would destroy this thread.

7. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    The body scanner is a STRIP SEARCH. No more, no less and as those in the intelligence and law enforcement sector will know, RANDOM SEARCHES are about as much use as a knife in a gun fight.

Central London has been subjected to heavy use of random 'anti-terror' stop and search powers for years now and literally thousands of people have been searched, do you know how many terrorists we have caught this way? That's right, NONE. Not one, zip, nada, zilch, **** all!

The only thing to come from these searches are declarations from the Judiciary that such searches are infringements of our civil liberties, no doubt compensation will follow.

8. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Thousands of people in years isn't very many though, round my parts hundreds are searched daily for important things like knives, but unimportant things like recreational drugs.

Been part of one of these searches once myself, and while it was insulting, it didn't leave mental scarring, and considering where i was, it actually made me feel like something was being done.

9. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    The point here is that thousands of people were stopped, detained and searched without a single shred of evidence that they were a suspected terrorist. The same will go for the scanners.

It's abhorrent, that anyone anywhere could be the subject of detention and search without the merest suspicion that they have done anything wrong.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2010
  10. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    Don't worry everything will be okay until it isn't.

:D

11. zinjin

zinjin Guest

GPU:
    Evga
    Never mind. nothing to see here. Move along, my bad. Continue on with the discussion.

12. Merton

Merton Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX760 TF 2GD5/OC
    I wouldn't say it is junk philosophy.

What he said was closely related to the field of epistemology and might even be considered a version of the skeptical argument. (I almost went for my Ph.D. in philosophy, and would have focused on Epistemology and Philosophy of Language)

I would say more, but I don't want to derail the thread.

Related to the body scanners...

I saw this today, and was kind of shocked: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3yaqq9Jjb4&feature=player_embedded#!

As I have said throughout this thread, pending the x-ray scanners or the pat-down provide some significant security advantage, I have no problem going through.

If what Adam says in that clip is in fact true, it would be some evidence that this process does not provide a security advantage due to pure stupidity. I still don't necessarily think it is an invasion of privacy, but it does beg the question as to how these people are trained.

13. mmicrosysm

mmicrosysm Guest

GPU:
    Cirrus Logic GD5430 1Meg
  14. RandyB

RandyB Banned

GPU:
    HIS HD4870/Samsung2343BWX
    I did a bit of time, back in my drinking "daze" and I can tell you that the searches I saw being conducted on a number of people, on CBS news, was no different than what prisoners go through when they're being booked for an offense - or having their cell searched. This is disgusting behaviour and clearly a violation of personal privacy and rights!

15. RandyB

RandyB Banned

GPU:
    This isn't even news for those of us who are awake. It truly amazes me, how many people just don't "get it". The next step will be BIOMETRICS; facial scans, fingerprint readers and iris scans. All those who are going to laugh at this...better do it now, while you still can!

16. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    If your apparently "awake" can you look for the edit button please?

I like the idea of fingerprint and iris scanners, would certainly be better than passports, i was all for the ID Cards here.

17. RandyB

RandyB Banned

GPU:
    It's you're - not "your", SFBs...go back to sleep!

18. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Think all that drinking your were talking about has fried your brain, you sound very gullible if you believe stuff you read on the internet.

19. Seref

Seref Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 3080 Ti
    I'm still in favor of the "lead room that emits frequencies which will trigger a bomb's detonation" method.

Naw dude, he's awake now. Awake. Go back to sleep, you muppets, he's awake...

20. RandyB

RandyB Banned

GPU:
    Are you and Redemption80 married? You seem to show a lot of support for each other. Give it up - you've already lost!