Lets tallk.....BODY SCANNERS

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Deleted member 109358, Nov 17, 2010.

?

Scanners, do we need them

Poll closed Dec 17, 2010.
  1. Yes

41 vote(s)
    36.3%
  2. No

54 vote(s)
    47.8%
  3. Dont care, im a hermet and never travel

22 vote(s)
    19.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    Erm "provide for the common defense"?

2. Merton

Merton Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX760 TF 2GD5/OC
    If my safety and security is 100% my responsibility, why is there a department of homeland security? Why are we fighting wars against other nations with the primary motivation that we are making our country safer by fighting terrorists?

The armies are led by the federal government (more specifically, by the commander-in-chief). We have a right to defend ourselves as a nation. Why can't part of our defending ourselves include screening for enemies at airports?

I agree, my safety and security is my responsibility to a certain extent. If I had the right to inspect other people at airports to make sure they were not carrying a bomb, I would.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
  3. zinjin

zinjin Guest

GPU:
    Evga
    Because any excuse to expand the role of govt and add another level of unneeded of bureaucracy, is what govt does.

4. Liranan

Liranan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6870 1000/1200
    You mean like how the US smuggled and had a bomb flown to Germany? So, if anyone wants to do it they will. Where's all your security?

Now I want to know why there aren't hundreds of attacks taking place, considering security is everything but lax. But hey, you don't mind a few internal probes, just to make sure you aren't carrying any explosives, would you?

I say we increase security so any suspect is simply imprisoned, and as everyone is a threat to the security of the state I suggest we start. I'm sure the prison and military apparatus would be more than pleased to watch our countries bankrupt themselves while feeding their pockets.

5. Liranan

Liranan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6870 1000/1200
    As a father Redemption and others wouldn't care whether their children got molested or not, it's all for national security! But then he has no intentions to ever marry and have children, so doesn't care, right?

I can't wait for him to be treated like that, would be so much lulz when he goes mad and then ends up in prison for the verbal or physical abuse of a guard. Or his kids end up traumatised because he didn't care pedophiles sexually assaulted them. But then he'll be feeding the mouths of overpriced psychologists, so he's done well and all is well with the world.

P.S. Funny isn't it how China has nothing to fear from 'terrorists' while our Western world is so scared they feel the need to be sexually abused?

6. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    As a conservative I find it pretty unbelievable that I have to look for backup from china to argue a kids right not to be "freedom fondled".

I also find it hilarious that when our treasury secretary went to china he got laughed out of class. Between this and the fact that China has so many engineers in government instead of lawyers my respect is going up for the country.

The situation is becoming increasingly surreal.

7. Liranan

Liranan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6870 1000/1200
    Fear not, China's style of rule will be coming to a country near you (specificially yours/ours).

8. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Most Chinese people are too poor to even consider leave the country, and the kids are too busy making our clothes to worry about being molested if they did lol.

I don't even comment for days, and im still getting mentioned lol.

Where did i say i don't have any intention to marry or have kids, good thing im at work, and the missus didn't read that, i would be getting no end of questions.

Anyhow, we all know that kids aren't likely to be getting molested while being searched,while im sure there have been isolated cases in the past, in the future, they are unlikely to get searched at all, as the one thing more unpopular than a terrorist is a paedophile.

Some of you sound scared and paranoid and keep going for the worst case scenario.
    Its no different to anyone claiming we need these scanners to stop terrorists taking over the western world.

If you look through most of my posts, you will see i keep talking about the scanners, which ironically is the name of this thread, go figure, it now seems to be a thread about child molesters who work at airports.

But no, i would not let a child of mine be patted down by an adult, i would just choose to travel another way, a little inconvenience is irrelevant, and i also wouldn't put my childs life at risk by taking them onto a plane that had inadequate security either.

Ideally i would like no manual searches, but a scanner created that quickly, safely and accurately scans people for illegal or dangerous items, it could even output a skeletal like image for those of you who have embarassing bodies lol.

9. RandyB

RandyB Banned

GPU:
    HIS HD4870/Samsung2343BWX
    Those who don't believe that ***** Germany is repeating itself in the U.S. (and elsewhere; incrementally), undoubtably also believe that it's okay for a stranger to fondle a three year old child. "Power" is the great corruptor. The "sheeple" will never see the truth. Their eyes are blinded. This will only get worse and the apathetic, indifferent, oblivious, zombified, "go with the flow", sheeple are mostly to blame! Keep "laughing" at those of us who actually have "eyes to see".
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6ByKOhAhsU
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSQTz1bccL4

10. RandyB

RandyB Banned

GPU:
    ...just thought I'd post a link, before you're accused of wearing your "tinfoil hat". ;)
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...are-revealed-security-test--knows-did-it.html

11. RandyB

RandyB Banned

GPU:
    Texting while driving = BRAINDEAD!

12. RandyB

RandyB Banned

GPU:
    I wonder how many "terrorists" have had to go through the radiation emitting backsplatter scanners, or be felt up by the perverse TSA agents.:bang: I'll say it once again for the intellectually impaired; this is not about keeping you safe. It is about taking away your rights and freedoms - one at a time!

13. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I remember when we had the freedom to text and drive, and now they have taken those rights away from us lol.

4 posts though, and did i see the Daily Mail there :S

14. Seref

Seref Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 3080 Ti
    The last time I clicked one of Randy's links it had something to with aliens. Then I saw a faint glowing light...

15. Pzykotik

Pzykotik Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX 2070 AMP
    This conversation will go around in circles. There are ALWAYS going to be fanatics, whether they be religious or otherwise... All these security checks are supposed to be a deterant, but as we've seen there will always be people who can get around the system. Checking for materials that are banned on planes I think it a good ideea, not so that we can check for bombs but so we don't have idiots buying banned "things" (be it guns or whatever) abroad and being them "home". Same with a metal detector, if you beep... You get a "pat down", remember we're not talking about cavity searches here... Just a dust over with a "wand" and a pat if you beep. Body scanners are a bit OTT, but they're not the end of the world. I don't see what all the fuss is about.

16. p3ps1c0la

p3ps1c0la Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 480 8gb
    I like how people keep bringing up 9/11 as the reason we need these scanners. Stoooopid. It was the incompetence that allowed 9/11 to happen. Security agencies around the world and our own the CIA had prior knowledge of these hijackers way before 9/11 along with information that terrorists were possibly planning a hijacking to crash into buildings and the investigators tracking them were told to stop. 9/11 happened because of incompetence to say the least. The hijackers did not simply slip through the airline security that was in place at the time. They were allowed to pass.

Instead of firing these incompetent people NO BODY was fired. Instead we the people get punished. Our security in America was fine before 9/11. It was the error of people at the station. We don't need more security we need to replace the incompetent with competence.

This is all established and confirmed information. So to the sheep that are willingly going along with the molesting, peeping, and radiation poisoning get your facts straight.

17. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    So what your saying is that instead of having security at the airports, the security agencies should be spend more time watching the general public like a hawk.

Being that i can only base my airport experiences on UK, and Gran Canaria flights, which are all very relaxed, i wondering what horrible experience people have had themselves, and not just listening to propaganda on websites.

How about other European countries, they quite chilled, though i have heard people coming back from Holland can be poorly treated, how about the Middle East, someone mentioned changing to they way Israel does it, but I've heard nothing but horror stories about that too, with 300,000 people a day being detained just for having a dodgy surname, people being interrogated about every aspect of their trip, feck that, my temper couldn't handle that, give me the radioactive scanner any-day, it can't be much worse than 24/7 mobile phone and wireless internet, we all pay to subject ourselves to.

If enough people don't want it, and enough fight it, it won't happen, but the problem is that most people complaining are part timers, and will only fight it if it doesn't inconvenience them too much, or they don't lose any money, and the government knows this.

18. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    These things aren't like radioactivity. The damage done by radioactivity is incremental exposure over time, that's why X-rays do not hurt you unless you have had tons of them done in a short period of time. Our bodies are designed to survive some radiation as there is natural occurring radiation all the time.

The damage done by these scanners is a RANDOM one, and they don't just give you cancer, they UNZIP your DNA strands. It could happen the first time you use it or the millionth.

19. Estima8tor

Estima8tor Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW
    Passenger screening should be the responsibility of the airline and airport personal, not the federal government.

The airports & airlines could set up a system like Israel where it's a combination of passenger interviews, background checks and profiling.

Israels El Al airline has had no terrorist attacks for about 30 years and it has experienced only one hijacking in its history - and they don't have to fondle any children or strip search grandma in the process.

20. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    So one in a million chance then lol.

Estima8tor, people are frequently strip searched in Israeli airports, i've heard no end of horror stories, sounds far worse to me, i agree with profiling, but not aggressive interrogation.

An interesting, and intelligently written article.
    http://spectator.org/archives/2010/11/22/tsas-bait-and-switch-airport-s