Need for Speed Hot Pursuit

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by YuKsS, Jun 15, 2010.

1. sk8zophrenia

sk8zophrenia Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1060
    u beat me again in Sidewinder, u'r now 1st among ur frens, but wont be long :D ;)

2. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Learn to use the nitrous, if the car continues to feint motion after turning then hit the nitrous button for a split second it forces the car to straighten out. The game is so like burnout in it's handling I am suprised so many folk are complaining about it. The only difference I can find is that Burnout ran faster by that I mean the top engine cars seemed to move faster, the drifting in Burnout was a tad more controllable (but it was fundamental so it had to be) and the nitrous bar recharged far more quickly than in Burnout.

Playing it on PS3 so all the folk complaining about graphics and such, whilst I understand your pain I am pleased to say I am not sharing it.

3. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Is there anyway of forcing AA through Nvidia control panel?

I set up my own profile for the game and set 8xAA and it made no difference at all? The game looks ok but the jaggies are really annoying me!

Thanks.

4. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Looks and runs great, must play more...

5. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    another reason why Gamespot lost all its credibility.

The Good

* Tight controls make it easy to take corners at high speed

:wanker:

6. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    i have no clue what you people are talking about bad controls. it plays quite good actually. (playing with wireless xbox360 controller) there is also difference between cars, just try the porsche and mcclaren for instance.. it has oversteer and understeer.

Ive got Winamp playing psyradio (got it setup as 60% volume in windows). i must say it is awesome playing like this.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
  7. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Is there a handbreak in the game ?

8. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Unfortunately, at the moment there is no way to force AA if you have an NVIDIA card; only ATI card owners have the luxury of forcing AA currently with the 10.10e drivers and then it is limited to the cars only.

NVIDIA are aware of this and consider it to be a "bug" (according to their forum) so I'd expect it to be added in one of their future drivers.

Despite AA not working I managed to get the game using 1.2 GB of video memory by forcing 32x combined super sampling AA and 8x Sparse Grid AA!!! Normally an increase in graphics RAM usage (in this case from 700 MB) would indicate that AA is working but I'm definitely not seeing it if it is.

9. Tatsuya79

Tatsuya79 Member

GPU:
    GTX460@800/2000
    About the bad controls, this dynamic camera is the main annoyance.

Just try using the camera hack given a while back in this thread: choose the inside hood view, push - key untill you make it a chasing view, correct the FOV (-20 seems close to the original chase) and adjust the height to your liking.

Well, this is real chase and imo a lot easier for fast reaction. That reminds me of MotoGP and Rallisport Challenge where you had the choice between dynamic camera following the track and real chase camera which aims following your car direction.
    This camera mod needs a bit of tweaking though as this forced chasing cam doesn't render all the reflections on the car and slow stuff a bit.

10. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    yes..this is how i drift and take sharp turns...

11. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    do you know what button it is on the Xbox360 controller ? i press LT for drifting.

12. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Hey white, u changed the default keys..but i think it was X button...and nitrous was A and change view was RB u know. and i use handbreak as X, nitro as RB, and change view as A.

13. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    yeah, i never pressed the X button LOL will do that now, cant let granny take my records! :p

14. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    exercise on it. pushing and holding handbreak vs just press 1 time..both works different ways, i mean situations...

and white, try a wheel in this game...useless for record breaking...because of no way of DRIFTING :(

15. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    i cant use the wheel yet. my computer table is made out of glass. i need to make a wooden table soon.

16. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Hmm..too bad..and man, iam sick of SETTING UP wheel, and then take it over...i need something better...it wont do good tihs way set up and then take it over etc :..(

17. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Yep, a quick stab of LT on the 360 controller is all you need to drift around corners and the handling is loose enough and the main roads wide enough that you can do so without losing too much speed. The handling IMO is utterly sublime.

I love the Autolog but it does get embarassing when it tells me Mr Bigtime or White Lightning have beaten one of my times by 10+ seconds! It certainly adds a lot to the game though as it keeps it competitive even when playing off-line.

It's such an addictive game with classic one-more-go appeal that before I know it it's 1:00 in the morning! The game has ran 100% flawlessly for me with a stutter-free 60 fps framerate; all it needs is a patch to fix the missing graphical effects and to add some AA for the cars and it will be perfect.

I hope this game is as well supported by Criterion as Burnout Paradise was. I'd love to see Ferraris added to the game (a la SHIFT) and I'd happily pay to have a couple of new areas and cars too. The potential for this game is huge, Criterion could even add new modes. Personally, as much as loved Criterion's commitment to Paradise, I thought it was a weak game so I'm delighted that this new NfS game is more like a mix of Burnout 3/Revenge (which I adored) and classic NfS. I can see why this game has been getting the praise it has; it's one of the best arcade racing games with licensed cars that I've played since... well... PGR 4 on the Xbox 360.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
  18. sk8zophrenia

sk8zophrenia Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1060
    i never use handbrake in the game. i just tap brake and steer to drift. wont lose so much speed.

19. AlxFitz

AlxFitz Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970GTX
    ATI need to update the drivers for this game as soon as they can, my GPU is only going to 70% usage and it's a pretty laggy experience, the image quality isnt great either even with AA enabled.

It looks like a really good game tho and I want to play it properly as soon as possible, I cant live with it at the moment in this condition.

:(

20. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    yeah me 2