ok so im done with 5770 crossifre!

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by xodius80, Nov 21, 2010.

1. Detection

Detection Banned

GPU:
    2 x 6850 - CrossFireX
    10.4 were the last drivers released before ATI started messing with the 2D clock speeds, so its possible they could work for you

2. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    ok ive found out that CAP was introduced in 10.2 and up
    so.....

10.4 just dont feature the power play functions?

Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
  3. OvR|<|LL

OvR|<|LL Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia

They are pretty bare as far as all the goodies go. Try em out.

4. Detection

Detection Banned

GPU:
    2 x 6850 - CrossFireX
    What are the exact problems you are having with CrossFireX ?

Have you tried MSI Afterburner and had a play with clock speeds and voltages too ?

5. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    my cards a saphire afterburner wont let me tweak the voltages, and i dont want to bios mod emcuz they are still on warrantie. if you read my other posts here in this thread, there they are the problems

6. Detection

Detection Banned

GPU:
    2 x 6850 - CrossFireX
    Ok, well one of my cards is the Sapphire too, and if you use GPU-Z, you can save your current BIOS to file for warranty reasons, and then either mod your BIOS or flash another one

I flashed the ASUS BIOS to my Sapphire and unlocked everything that way

If you need to return the cards, just flash back the BIOS you saved from GPU-Z

With some tweaking, I can reach 1000/1400 on my Sapphire

7. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    what unlocks do you get from it, aside from the mem and core cap

8. Detection

Detection Banned

GPU:
    2 x 6850 - CrossFireX
    Voltage control so you can stabilize higher OCs

9. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    I run 3 gpus and I really like CFX..lol

Sad to hear you have problems with your setup. I hope your next card(s) are a better experience (either brand).

10. DJ_Casper

DJ_Casper Guest

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4070 Dual
    I installed 10.11 (Windows Update). Works great

11. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    CrossFireX is aptly named in my opinion because I certainly got crossed with it on more than a few occasions when I had two HD5870s. ;)

Sorry, I just couldn't resist. :D

12. Roffle

Roffle Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS HD 5770 CUcore
    I prefer some problems rather than no problems at all.
    It'll get boring very quick if there's nothing to solve.
    Solving problems and getting the problem solved = best feeling ever.

13. wonton1017

wonton1017 Member

GPU:
    2x Galaxy GTX670 SLI
    I also had 5770 in crossfire, i couldn't handle the roughness when moving around in BFBC2. Although it did give me nearly twice the FPS i had compared to ONE 5770, it just did not feel smooth to me at all. Drivers were also not installing properly sometimes and one of the card runs quite a bit hotter than the other in a well ventilated case.

I ditched them both and went with a 5850 and overclocked the hell out of it (to the point where it beats the 5870). Selling 2x 5770 for about $135 each, $270 total, i bought myself a 5850 for $170CAD. Had an extra $100 for a 60GB Vertex SSD :)

On topic: I recommend the Von modded 10.10 vanilla or 10.10d.
    Vanilla gave me less problems in Black Ops, 10.10d gave me more performance and a little bit of IQ. 10.10e made my card run hotter and less smooth compared to 10.10d.

14. nav-jack

nav-jack Master Guru

GPU:
    980 ti 1520/2000
    this is alot of complaining that really dosent convince me not to crossfire. it sounds like u all play newer games alot that i just wont/dont play. i want crossfire because i like playing 1680x1050 with EVERYTHING on high with 16xAF and 8Xaa (i'd like supersample but my single card cant do it very playable, i mean, its playable but its not great)... the issue with crossfire as i know it is that u need to push the resolution to make it worth it, well, running with AA supersample is like running in a bigger res... im kinda high at the moment, and most of your complaints just sound like ur asking too much from your new games.

EDIT: if i can play Just Cause 2, Crysis, 3dmark series and TF2 i'm happy. ALSO, BOINC

15. Dual Core

Dual Core Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 2x4890 24"1080p
    Ive had 2 4890's crossfired now for some time and have had no problems with them,and does not matter which drivers i use aswell still works great.

16. cowman

cowman Guest

in BC2? No.

17. cowman

cowman Guest

Works great compared to what? What games do you play? what drivers were you using before?

18. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    dude, well im just trying to advise you, my comlains is not about how much features i can put on my games its about issue free fluid gaming, like this example, i would put eveyrhing to low in bc2 and i would get the same motherbashing stutter as i would get with all eye candy on, NOW THATS what im complayining about, ISSUES with something ADVERTISED to WORK.

19. nzweers

nzweers Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 980Ti iChill Ultra
    I had 2x 4850 and every time a new game comes out it's the exe renaming game. Now I don't mind that, although I can imagine if you're not that tech savvy you do. But if that fails you are 2-3 weeks with single card performance. And THAT sucks! That is for me the real downside of crossfire.