Lets tallk.....BODY SCANNERS

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Deleted member 109358, Nov 17, 2010.

?

Scanners, do we need them

Poll closed Dec 17, 2010.
  1. Yes

41 vote(s)
    36.3%
  2. No

54 vote(s)
    47.8%
  3. Dont care, im a hermet and never travel

22 vote(s)
    19.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. thecake90

thecake90 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 1060GTX
    This is freaking ridiculous. A line has to be drawn somewhere. I don't want to be bathed in radiation while walking down the street.

2. RandyB

RandyB Banned

GPU:
    HIS HD4870/Samsung2343BWX
    The narrowmindedness of people who can't see the forest for the trees and who are incapable of thinking outside the box, just amazes me. Your all too focused on "a terrorist blowing up an airplane". Consider this: ANYONE could walk into an airport with a backpack FULL of explosives; blow up the airport (with a couple of thousand people), a couple of planes and a few cars (all that fuel would ignite). I'll say it again: the "war on terror" is a fraud! I'm not saying there aren't people who wish to do harm to others. What I'm saying is that the oligarchs have a completely different agenda!

3. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Who knows? Maybe that lack of fear and security measures would put off the terrorists...

More serious know, governments can´t treat normal people, like you and me, like criminals just because there are some crazy people that don´t mind blowing up airplanes!!!
    Also, like i posted, most of the currents security measures deployed after 9/11 are uselless!!! There are a lot of security experts that went aboard airplanes with bombs and other things despite the body scanners and all the other measures!!!
    This scanners are just a business!!! Some companies are making millions selling this useless crap!!!

So i maintain my opinion, this security madness is bull****!!!

4. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    People could pick far more populated places than an an Airport if they wanted to detonate a bomb,

with sports stadiums holding close to 100,000 people, would be far easier to kill 30,000 at a

sporting event with multiple bombers than it would be to kill 3,000 with multiple planes.

But taking down planes is making a statement, a huge up yours, and a way of saying we are in

control of your country, and your not, and the Government hates that.

I'm also interested what other "better" security measures in Airports, only a fool, or a

terrorist would want no security, so what is the alternative.

Also notice alot of Canadians seem to be against this, but is this affecting Canadian airports, and when was the last time Canada had a terrorist attack anyway.

5. llerenaprincipe

llerenaprincipe Ancient Guru

GPU:
    DIAMOND X1950XTX 512MB, 650/2000Mhz
    ugh!
    how far are they willing to go in the name of SECURITY!!
    lock everybody up so nobody hurts anybody??

6. RandyB

RandyB Banned

GPU:
  7. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    The truth is on YouTube, i can't believe i missed it!!!!!!!!

At work, so can't watch, but there is no truth, just lots of different lies.

8. RandyB

RandyB Banned

GPU:
    This one is of representitive John J. Duncan, speaking in the senate. There are hundreds of senate hearing videos out there.

9. RandyB

RandyB Banned

GPU:
    So, when is the last time a friend of yours died, because a "terrorist" blew up a plane? I bet more people have been hit by automobiles in the closest intersection to your residence, in the past year.

10. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    Yo I heard you like conservatism so we gave you some body scan with your xenophobia so you can give away your privacy rights while you travel.

11. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    All politicians are lying to you, its their job, the truth is very much NOT going to come from their mouths, you'd be a fool to believe one over the other.

No, your right, no one died when terrorists attacked here, well apart from the terrorists themselves lol.

Of course more people die in car accidents, but thats not relevant since they are accidents, not deliberate.

No one really wants harsh security, especially as it could ruin their holiday, i personally could do without cops with machine guns in Airports, but does anyone think people walking in and out of flights with little checks is the way forward?

12. wootwoot

wootwoot Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX295
    Yo dawg doesn't work like that...

..and largely conservatives are the ones against this.

In the US Conservatives value rights, liberals value big government limiting their rights.

13. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    I think this issue breaks across the political divide in the USA.

Reddit is frothing and it's extremely liberal

The drudge report is frothing and it's extremely conservative

The politicians are terrified cause they will be butchered if they support the scanners, and they'll be butchered if somebody blows up a plane either way.

14. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    More people die from speeding or not wearing seat belts than die from terrorism. But we gotta spend billions on the illusion of security while the gumbit "protects" us. Don't you just love 1984?

Btw, I believe it is time to rename "pat downs", because let's be honest here, the new method is far from being a pat down.

First to come to mind is stroke-downs, then molest-downs, rape-downs, or violate-downs

15. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Surely its the other way round, or have the US swapped the meaning of the words round lol?

Every liberal person is usually very anti-big government, while constantly campaigning for more rights, be it against war, or more freedom and rights when it comes to drug use or Gay marriage.

Dustpuppy, good point, its risky for a politician to take either side, when things go wrong, there always has to be a fall guy.

16. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    "Grope" works too.

17. Seref

Seref Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 3080 Ti
    You all have some really messed up ideas of what people are like. The TSA people probably don't want to be in the vicinity of your herpes infested junk anyway.

I dont see the need for these scanners as security has been fine since 9/11 with all that has been implemented thus far. But I don't see why everyone's freaking out over it either. "AMG privacy government ragerage lolzlolz!!"

Man, we live in a society where people put pictures of themselves doing the hand stand beer chug all over the internet on their Facebook accounts. People buy webcams to connect to their computers, and then they're shocked when they hear the government can snoop with them. I understand being concerned about people seeing your dick on a pixelated low res undetailed computer screen, but people are going nuts just to go nuts.

Here the liberal left is pro-big government, as in letting the government control more aspects of everyday life. the conservative right favors the complete opposite, keeping the government out of people's business as much as possible.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2010
  18. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    People need to think about the guys who have to do these "pat downs".

Its not like they ran about the gay clubs recruiting people, these are probably family men with a mortgage, several kids to feed and support who works in airport security, who is being told this is now part of his job, and while some of us really really don't want to be on the receiving end of one of these searches, i would rather that than having to give them all day every day as my job.

Now people are calling them groping homosexuals, and likening them to rapists.

Cheers for that Seref, should keep it left and right wing, makes no sense when the word Liberal means to be free and open, and conservative means conformist and opposed to change.
    Don't think anyone one person is liberal or conservative, most just pick and chose a side when it suits them, while still sitting under the same label.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2010
  19. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    I guess I don't believe you when you say that. With this line of thinking, what would constitute an unreasonable search? So you wouldn't care getting frisked at 7-11, BestBuy, the movie theatre, Arby's, the local Chinese diner etc? What would you draw the line at?

With the current system of political correctness, the TSA will have the same level of suspicion and be spending the same amount of time frisking a 5 year old girl as they would be a 23 year old male exchange student from Yemen who pays cash for a one way plane ticket.

20. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT