Need for Speed Hot Pursuit

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by YuKsS, Jun 15, 2010.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    its easy as pie i can tell you. guess you never played them before. most of the time its the lower shoulder buttons to drive/break, and top shoulder buttons to switch gears.
    but are you saying console games dont use steering wheels ? ever played gran turismo or forza before ?

2. klambre

klambre Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5870@ stock
    Its really amazing the piss off gamers ability of NFS every year.

Edit :

Yeah, there wheels and games that switch gears ...

But this game is not in that category, it don´t try be there.

It competes with GT or Forza offering easy and fast paced action, like others games in that same category like Mario Kart.

In fact the gameplay of this game is just that, nothing but a catch game like Mario Kart but with Beyrons and Lamborguinis instead karts, pretty landscapes instead pipes and nitros instead speed boosts.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2010
  3. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Guest

GPU:
    Asus 1080Ti STRIX
    Gave it a go last night. I quite enjoyed it, apart from the fact that there is no AA in-game option (console fail).

Graphics --- It feels like Burnout Paradise, but the cars are much more slicker and well detailed, albeit, they could have done a better job with a lot more shadows involved, and could have really pushed the engine and deliver the desired eyecandy using DX11. Shift looks way above the rim compared to this installment. The game is butter smooth on my 5970.

Sounds --- sounds are a little harsh, engine sounds are a bit shallow and flat, I expected a better soundstage for a supposedly AAA title.

Gameplay --- The driving is arcadish and lacks the pen precision of Dirt 2. This is not a SHIFT clone with cops. The lack of Manual is fine by me, since I would NEVER use it. However fun factor is pretty high in this game and you can enjoy an hour or so at a time, the chases are exciting and challenging, AI can pull off a few sudden tricks on you, and you might be left with WTF expression on your face, which is always a good thing.

Overall: I d say give it a download at least, especially if you are a NFS fan like me (from the very first NFS on PC), its debatable whether its worth a buy, however multiplayer, at a guess would be quite fun.

Sounds

4. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    just played the unlegit edition lol..what a blast..loved it..purchasing with the help of Sk8 :D

The thing is, at FULL HD resolution, AA doenst bother u much..and i just ANGRY to DEVs due, while exterior view u see awesome detailed car, the guy in it and the STEERING WHEEL, WHY THE FCK U DIDNT PUT THAT STEERING WHEEL TO INTERIOR CAM? MOFOs!

anyway, i remember playing first NFS or HP, this reminds me them a bit. but 49 usd is much..try to buy it less

5. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    do you blame consoles for this aswell ?
    i dont agree it competes with GT or Forza or mario kart for that matter.
    sure they all are driving games, but they all handle differently. if you say GT5 handles the same as mario kart, you havent played them before. you cant shift gears in mario kart, and you cant earn turbo's while drifting or jump in gt5. dont think mario kart has 1000 cars with exchangable parts aswell.

6. klambre

klambre Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5870@ stock
    Where i said that GT handles the same as mario kart ?

I said that in the range of driving games this game (NFS:HP) is more like Mario Kart than Gran Turismo, because his arcade handling, and positioning in this range is how competes with GT and Forza, just try collect the casual audience that dont get into GT or Forza.

7. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    oh im sorry klambre, i read it all wrong :bang:

8. klambre

klambre Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5870@ stock
    NM, I just wish that NFS competes right with Gran Turismo, offering a supercars simulator in open roads, like did in NFS1.

Just imagine the realism and the +50 cars of Gran Turismo with a second hand market, cars tweaking ... etc, in open roads with pretty landscapes.

I just drool ... and I think that is what the NFS fans want.

But this NSF is a slash in the face, is even worse than Hot Pursuit 1.

9. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    well personally i wish gran turismo would be released on pc. every time a gran turismo is announced, there is also the rumour its also released for pc. this never happened, and i doubt it really will. for me its the #1 of racing games tbh. cant wait till next week, when its released.

10. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    this sentence could be misinterpreted. :p

anyways... anyone knows if there's any news for the Steam platform?

11. _NeO_

_NeO_ Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 4070 x3 OC
    I don't understand how u find NFS1 as a simulator :D Download it and try and say it again. This game supposed to be arcade. And i actually really like it compared to all underground crap. It's fun only problem game it self is abit empty. For game like what u mentioned they can't possibly make something like that in such short time period with limited money in the project. Look from that side to. GT5 invested loads of money in game no wonder its so good and polished.

12. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    There's some good tips on pages 4 and 5 how to enable forced AA for NVIDIA card owners in this thread here (on the EA NFS forum): http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/45/3837057.page

Not tested it myself as I don't have the game yet but I'm hoping that it came in today's post. I'll test it later if it has and report my findings here, along with some screenshots if it is working.

13. _NeO_

_NeO_ Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 4070 x3 OC
    I tryed those on my resolution it makes everything worse :( AA apply's but i get much blur and massive fps drop.

14. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    really looking forward to this game, hope it lasts for me though, since GT5 gets released next week.

15. ManofGod

ManofGod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro
    I could be wrong but I think one of your problems may be that you only have 512MB of ram on your videocard. With AA forced, it may be running out of video ram.

Of course, that depends on the resolution you are running.

16. bliss007

bliss007 Banned

GPU:
    Asus GTX 580
    Sony FW900 here and game runs with no settings needing messed with at highest HZ for each RES I choose !

1920x1200 @ 100HZ (3D works at 100HZ+ on CRT)

&

1680x1050 @120HZ.

Game is arcade based too much and crap but I will mess with it now and then.

17. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Game looks so good to me.. and my lame video here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wnQe33FFOA

18. TDurden

TDurden Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390 Nitro
    Has anyone actually SEEN rain or only HEARD it?

19. Viscerous

Viscerous Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA 2080 SUPER
    The latter.

I did however have some kind of middle-ground on a track, where the rain would appear only a few feet from the ground. So basically it was raining from 4 feet height. Totally awesome.

In all seriousness though, it looked weird. Spikes from the ground weird.

And I'm not entirely a fan of how the sirens look either compared to the console versions, but that's been posted before.

20. _NeO_

_NeO_ Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 4070 x3 OC
    Usage is around 450mb i checked it.

No AA

[​IMG]

4x AA

[​IMG]

16x AA

[​IMG]