Metro 2033

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Synks, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Krogtheclown

Krogtheclown Master Guru

GPU:
    FuryXfire 3440x14freesync
    Really lets see your metro benchmark.

2. Krogtheclown

Krogtheclown Master Guru

GPU:
    Yea dont know why it happened but i would uninstall and clean out all metro folders and cfg files reinstall and it would do the samething, now since its fixed it runs great just check my maxed out benchmark. :)

3. xangelofhavocx

xangelofhavocx Member

GPU:
    XFX 5850 1GB
    Get better hardware and stop bitching. Its the best looking game money can buy and yes it's challenging on the graphics cards.

4. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Im with u. I cant stand people that bitch about having to build a pc to play games. Game runs great for me on high settings. Im not crying because my HD 5770 cant run it very high @1920x1080 etc. What they cry babies forget is if ur spending uber cash for a bad ass, its just for one damn game. Why is it so hard for people to understand that??????? Go play a console if ur too arsed to build a good pc to play games on.

5. KingDazza

KingDazza Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti Strix
    I think the original bitch is more that, the top tier settings add little visually, or not enough that one would think you need so much grunt to run it smoothly. But it kicks performance in the nuts nonetheless, so hence some believe that it would be nice if the devs had spent a bit more time optimizing those extras.

I've also found on the very high settings, that frame rate can be OK, but on certain areas movement just doesn't feel smooth - again reinforcing the question of optimization on some of the new/top tier effects being implemented.

We could also comment on the lack of setting adjustment on offer...

Besides all that though, I'm loving it and found my sweet spot on settings and it ooozes atmosphere. Great game.

6. ravageuk

ravageuk Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 580 SLI
    My hardware is perfectly fine, besides id rather wait untill an extra special Mother Board comes out with Dual 1366 Sock, THEN il spend money on "better hardware" :)

7. ravageuk

ravageuk Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 580 SLI
    Fail.
    I dont even like the game 1 bit anyway so it matters very little if it runs like sh**.

The point is, theres no optimization in the game atall, so when your super high end units struggle to pull 50FPS on games that were intended to be visually stunning, this wouldnt have to be the case if the Dev's simply put abit more time into pollishing the optimization.

If they can optimize it for Consoles, why cant they do it for PC?

8. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    The game runs at DX9 medium settings on the 360, at 720p res and at 30fps with a few dips here and there, even my 2year old 192SP GTX260 could beat that.
    Plus optimizing for one piece of hardware is piss easy, but optimizing for the near unlimited combinations of PC hardware is infinitely more difficult, and time consuming.

The PC HAS to have 2-3 games that need two of the best GPUs in SLI/CF to hit 60fps maxed, if these games are just poor console ports, then its an issue, but if the game is the one of, if not the best looking game ever, then that is acceptable.

It has always been this way with PC gaming, and its kept me with the upgrade bug for nearly 20years.

9. Krogtheclown

Krogtheclown Master Guru

GPU:
    it is optimized runs great maxed out for me, if u run on high or med dx 10 it would be better opitimized for you.

10. Johnny316

Johnny316 Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX560Ti DCII
    Yes maybe you need a beast of a computer to run this game on max, but I'm not to arsed having to move settings down to get a steady framerate.

It runs nice atm, so i'm happy about that.

11. KingDazza

KingDazza Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti Strix
    Its bizarre but when I run the benchmark there are tiny drops to minimum of 14 fps. They appear to fractions of a second. So sli eliminates all minimum frames in the benchmark does it?

If so do you have a screenshot?

12. Krogtheclown

Krogtheclown Master Guru

GPU:
    HEHE a ya that would be in the Benchmark section under Metro 2033.

"but I'm not to arsed having" really sorry man but I dont understand that.

13. KingDazza

KingDazza Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti Strix
    This game just gets better and better. I just hit the library and its like a ray of hope in the game. Thought the brief visit to polis looked stunning too.

14. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Installed it today and playing it for the first time (was waiting to get DX11 card before playing). Seems like a nice game and runs well on my system on 1920*1200. Dont have fraps on so no idea about fps, feels smooth tough.

Because when you optimize something for PS3 and Xbox360, you have 2 systems which you know and know what needs to be done to make it run well. With PC you have different resolutions, different gpu's, cpu's, ram amouts, clocks, os's, driver versions... To optimize game to run on every PC out there is not possible, you just have to deal with it, devs do what they can, but they just can make triangle with 4 corners.

15. sk8zophrenia

sk8zophrenia Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1060
    i still havent finish this, im gonna hold till i get dx11 cards. planning on sli, dual 465 would be enough i think. :(

16. Krogtheclown

Krogtheclown Master Guru

GPU:
    Awe man when my game was ****ed up I'd only hit 7 FPS in the library can't wait to get back there again.

17. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Well, iam sure it will bw enough :)

18. Infanticide

Infanticide Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon R7 260X 2GB
    Any way to reduce shadows size and lighting details to gain fps? I loose a lot of fpses due to lighting especially, but I dont wont to reduce the settings and loose some features that my PC can handle. I know about the config file but I dont understand most of the commands there, and dont have time for experimenting.

19. VultureX

VultureX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 SLI
    I guess the framedrops are about a lack of VRAM :\
    Appearantly 1Gb of VRAM is not enough to run this game fully maxed at 1920x1200 with 4xMSAA...

As soon as a door opens and the world gets bigger performance crumbles to 2-3FPS and even total pauses while I had 20-30 FPS before. There is also increased harddisk activity. When you move on to parts of the level where you cannot return anymore, it suddenly gets better again...

I have no problems with AAA... Too bad, cos 4xMSAA really makes a difference in this game. It's nicely done and truly fullscreen AA. It looks so much more awesome when applied.

20. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I got this game on steam for like 9 euros some weeks ago but only started playing it now with my new cards. Here is the thing, I don't know if it's just bad optimization but when running this game at 19x12, dx 11, very high, 4MSAA, gpu physix (bascially as maxed as possible) the performance ain't that great as I expected it to be. I get minimums of even 25 fps at times and mostly in the 50s...

The only ''tweak'' I done is setting the FOV to 60 in the cfg but are there any other tweaks or is my problem solely a optimization or perhaps driver problem?

Also both cards run at 95-98% all the time but the vram usage seems rather huge, arround 1300 to almost 1500 at times.