Lets tallk.....BODY SCANNERS

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Deleted member 109358, Nov 17, 2010.

?

Scanners, do we need them

Poll closed Dec 17, 2010.
  1. Yes

41 vote(s)
    36.3%
  2. No

54 vote(s)
    47.8%
  3. Dont care, im a hermet and never travel

22 vote(s)
    19.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Ok. So theres a big hoooraaa about the use of body scanners in airports. People claiming they invade privacy and the pat-downs associated with it are to "invasive".

So what do you reckon? would you allow yourself to be scanned or have a pat-down conducted on you, if it guarentees that everyone else on the flight getting the same treatment will be safe to travel with?

I mean what do people want. They cry to the governemnts for security, yet dont want to accept it. The have tryed since 9/11 to improve the procedure, but as we know its proved realativly un-seccessfull. So this next option is a adition to there current or past implementations to keep you safe in the air.

If you are agaisnt the scanners, what other rational option would you surgest?

2. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    i have nothing to hide. so it doesent bother me one way or the other.

3. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    also catches people who put drugs up their ass

4. -Ruin-

-Ruin- Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1060 6GB
    Im all for it. If you don't have anything to hide, who cares?

5. afew guys are saying that if they have nothing to hide then theres no worries. Have you guys seen these scanners? On the monitor, basically if your wearing clothes, it looks asif your just in your underwear, the the underwear is really tight, thats what it looks like to a stranger watching the monitor screens.

6. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    I'm for it too, although in a way it promotes a general distrust of airline travel in general. It's also one of those things that is promoting general distrust in others, but that's already kind of the norm these days.

7. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
  8. BorTriggerHappy

BorTriggerHappy Master Guru

GPU:
    5870 & GTX 275
    This made me lol.
    [​IMG]
    But seriously, you can see titties in the scanners

9. Pablo

Pablo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 5870 2g VapourX
    I never travel
    So not a problem for me,
    however if i was forced to travel, then i wouldnt mind a quick pat down anyway.

10. Cartman372

Cartman372 Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1660Ti
    Exactly. It seems like the people that are against the full body scanner are the ones that have something to hide.

Think about it, if we had full cavity searches and body scanners, 9/11 may not have happened.

Really? :3eyes:

Must look weird on the scanner.

x2

11. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    If they giggle after I walk through it, then thats where I draw the line haha. Not really, it doesnt bother me when I have to take my belt and shoes off either. "No frisk, no fly" Simple policy.

12. Taint3dBulge

Taint3dBulge Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
    WE DO NOT NEED THESE SCANNERS.. TAKE ALOOK

TAKE THIS PHOTO AND INVERT THE COLORS ON AND FIND OUT WHAT U CAN REALLY SEE. THIS IS JUST DISGUSTING AND TOTALLY OUTRAGEOUS!!!!

..NSFW..
    http://www.privacylover.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/airport_x-ray_scanner_sexy_woman_naked.jpg

HERE IS A PROGRAM TO BE ABLE TO INVERT THE COLOR. JUST GO TO THE ADJUSTMENT TAB AND GO TO INVERT COLOR..
    http://www.getpaint.net/

BTW THE SCANNERS HAVE DIFFERENT FILTERS.. SO NOT ALL PICTURES COME OUT LIKE THIS.. BUT THEY CAN TAKE THIS ONE AND ADD IT TO THERE DATABASE...

13. Cartman372

Cartman372 Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1660Ti
    Nice try, but no.

http://911debunkers.blogspot.com/2010/01/god-dammit-i-hate-being-duped-by.html

14. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    everyone saying who cares must be brain damaged. the only thing more invasive is a finger up your ass, there are such things as rights to privacy in certain capacities that do NOT overlap with "hiding something" or "bombing a plane" hurrrrrr as if seeing passengers basically naked is safer than proper non-invasive security screening?? because it isnt any more effective at finding anything, i mean anything that a team with proper tools and procedures could find.

so lets see it offers no benefit and infringes upon law-abiding citizens rights, and also they STORE and ARCHIVE this information while telling everyone that the screencaps are regularly purged. oh, and the machines are expensive. you know how much mag wands and other comparable tools cost? jack ****.

quoted from ben franklins memoirs, who was most certainly a smarter man than any one of us here..."they who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." please refute that without bawwing about terrorists and fearmongering...oh wait, you cant

15. Taint3dBulge

Taint3dBulge Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090

16. Cartman372

Cartman372 Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1660Ti
    Only way the filter could do it, is if the machine was able to take xrays in color.

If that makes any sense.

17. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    well there are people out there who like that sort of thing :p

18. Cartman372

Cartman372 Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1660Ti
    So you have three options then;

1) Body Scanner
    2) Cavity Search
    3) Dont Fly

Seem's pretty clear and simple to me. If you don't want a body scan, you get a cavity search. And if you don't like those options, don't fly.

If I fly somewhere, I want to know that the person I have to sit next to for the however many hours the flight is, doesn't have a bomb strapped under his nut sack that's going to kill me mid flight.

When I get on an airplane I usually like to be able to get off the plane at the end of the trip using my own two feet and not have to have bits and pieces of me picked up with a body bag.

19. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    or there could be a sane option, like security forces doing their ****ing job. also did you read that quote? or anything else i wrote?? because i dont think you did.

oh and firestorm: lol

20. Cartman372

Cartman372 Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1660Ti
    I did read your quote, and the security forces thing has me a bit confused.

How/what, in your mind, should security forces be doing?

I mean how are they going to search people? They cant body scan because that's wrong (in your mind) and they cant do cavity searches because that's wrong as well (again, in your mind).

So if they can't search the persons in question, just what do you think they are going to do? Pick someone for a random screening because he/she has a turban on his head?

Last edited: Nov 17, 2010