Nvidia rant tell me what ya think of it :)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Ramair325, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Rollo2

Rollo2 Banned

Wow, never thought I would see you buying NVIDIA cards.

You must have really had some CF issues, I thought they were doing better except for the profile waits.

2. solofly

solofly Banned

GPU:
    eVGA 580 SC SLI@840@1080P
    Try unusable...

3. Omagana

Omagana Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Nonsense!

NVIDIA Focus Group Member
    NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to
    facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.

4. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    that made me lol :D

5. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    hahaha pretty epic to be fair

6. Rollo2

Rollo2 Banned

Yeah, I knew ATi had issues with waits for working profiles, but it looked to me like they were stepping it up some with the hotfixes. Multi GPU drivers aren't their strong suit.

It would have pissed me off as well, when you're waiting for a game you want to play you want to play it the day it launches, not at some time in the future. ATi should work more with devs on this.

7. solofly

solofly Banned

GPU:
    eVGA 580 SC SLI@840@1080P
    Fok the profiles. I want stability which I didn't have. How can you play a game when the thing keeps crashing all the time.:biggun:

Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
  8. Ramair325

Ramair325 Member Guru

GPU:
    3 BFG 280gtx
    While this is most likely true it does not change the fact the drivers have the issues and its not directly related to sli 2 or 3 way its the driver it self i have done lots of testing with single 2 and 3 way sli belive what you like. Also keep in mind these issues are much more noticable with a higher resolution as it helps to fill the precious space for vmem that is so limited (also why i believe nvidia and ati are fools for disbanding efforts for SFR as it would help to alleviate the pressure on the driver. but there marketing team sees that as a potential for customer to be too satisfied with there current hardware and have no reason to buy new every 6~12 months (imho)). Also try and keep in mind how many games that everyone persons may or may not play so you may not notice as many issues because the games you enjoy might not have any of these issues. That being said i think nvidia has a lot of games that play really great, unfortunately the games i truly enjoy do not get the support they deserve (ie testing new driver revisions with old games and or older hardware).