Favorite Beer?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by ShadowMyth, Nov 8, 2010.

Tags:
  1. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    this one is a strong dark beer made with the purest water from Carpathian Mountains
    [​IMG]
    this one has the purity of Austrian woods

[​IMG]

where i live now i enjoy this one Alhambra Reserva 1925

[​IMG]

2. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    Dont really drink a great deal.

How ever this is too good:

[​IMG]

Hmm.

3. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    Tuborg Green - from my days traveling about Eastern Europe, one of the first beers I ever had and actually liked. Skol is another one I liked, very dark, crisp beer, excellent when served icy cold on a 100 degree summer afternoon. :D

Heineken - probably what I would buy here in the states on the rare occasion I purchase beer just to drink a beer. Very crisp and heady compared to most American beers.

Budweiser - good to go with chicken wings and/or pizza, my fave "affordable" beer to eat something with, not as crazy about it just plain though.

4. marshrat

marshrat Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 275x2

5. SolidBladez

SolidBladez Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti OC
    Before I became GI, Corona was one of my favorite beers.

[​IMG]

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    erm... what do you mean real beer?

Last edited: Nov 9, 2010
  7. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I loooove Otter Amber! one of my fav ales out there easy! I've tried their whole range, Otter Ale was really good too. the halloween Witch Otter was a bit too dark and heavy for my taste, but good for about 2-3 pints :)

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Leffe blond is gorgeous!

9. nvlddmkm

nvlddmkm Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285
    Gosh, the drunkest, I have ever been off beer was from that stuff. I totally blew the perfect chance of scoring with a totally hot girl who was blatant about wanting to screw.

Heheh...made me think of "PBR ME ASAP!"

10. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 3070
    lol?

11. Quicks

Quicks Guest

GPU:
    Red Devil RX 470 / 4GB
  12. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    ah you know it! good stuff :thumbup:

13. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    Have been trying a few real ales they are really nice, I like Waggle Dance as it is quite a light and clean (not murky) beer, any suggestions?

14. xtaz

xtaz Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 9800GTX+
    My favorite is Stella Artois for a blond beer (5.2%).
    Favorite of heavy bear is Chimay (I prefer Chimay Blue 9%) and I must say congrats to John for selecting this beer as well.

[​IMG]

Drink 10 of those and you're dead (8.5%):

[​IMG]

Belgium.. the only good things about it is our beer, chocolate and french fries.
    Everything else sucks.

15. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Agreed, my favourite Chimay is Chimay Blue. Had a couple last weekend actually. :D

Stella is quite nice as well!

I had one of these tonight to my movie watching session:

[​IMG]

(Yes, that's a package of my favourite snack in the background: cashew nuts!)

Wonderful IPA from Norwegian micro brewery Ægir with a 6,5% ABV. Delicious spicy hops (hops, hops and more hops!) with a juicy citrus aftertaste. It smelled fantastic... I was sniffing it for minutes before I took a taste it. Very refreshing. Could easily drink several in a row of these.

16. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Hmm, Sandels is still the best, but next one might be Hoegaarden.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Can you give me example of beer (which contains alcohol) which you could not drink several in a row ? :)

17. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Yes? There's boatloads of ugly beers out there. Cheap pilsner (I was once given a 6-pack of a beer called Bare øl (Just beer) which is some cheap-ass pilsner that I honestly could finish only one can of. Holy batman what a terrible beer) and stuff like American Budweiser I can't cope with at all.

In addition, some good beers are so damn heavy that there's no way you could drink more than one bottle without feeling uncomfortable. For example: http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/15711/50235

I had one bottle of that a few months back and I felt like I just ate a massive dinner, haha. Plus, at 11% ABV you don't really wanna drink too much of it. I rarely have more than 1-2 bottles of good craft beer in a row because 1) they're expensive and 2) they're not really meant as some shortcut to getting drunk. It's something you enjoy like a good bottle of wine or a glass of good single malt - "sipper beers". For getting drunk you use cheaper generic stuff like Carlsberg, Heineken or Tuborg. Goes down fast and doesn't really taste a lot.

18. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Never even heard about that Odin's Tripple (and did not find it from Alko)... Some other dark beers have this same "problem" ?
    Sure some beers are expensive and not ment to be drank only to get drunk, but that doesnt mean that you could not drink many of those.
    I dont like every beer I drink, but havent really encountered ones which I simply could not drink because of taste (and I'm happy about this).

19. Daftshadow

Daftshadow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080
    Guinness

20. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Sure, lots of very heavy beers out there. Thing is, the "standard" beer sold in the Nordic region is pilsner, and this type of beer is generally quite thin and easy to drink in large quantities (as is the nature of pilsner). Nothing wrong in that of course, there is lots of good pilsner out there, but for every good one there is a bad one! Nothing stopping you from drinking lots of heavy beer either of course, I'm just saying it doesn't sound too appealing to me. Nor can I afford it :p The bottle I had today costs 3 times as much as one 0,5l can of Carlsberg...