Performance Tweaks

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by Von Dach, Aug 28, 2010.

1. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4080
    not hating eclap, but that post made me chuckle tbh :infinity:

2. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Yeah..

One of the scariest things is that the thread has had over 4,000 views.

Not great for our rep as a no BS Tech forum, if u know what I mean...

Last edited: Nov 11, 2010
  3. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4080
    Pill, it was this post I was referring to..will surely come in handy when I need to insult someone :nerd:

4. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    @Pill: Find one security flaw.

It could be worse. He could be telling people to flash their GPU BIOS to unlock the sharders, or for a greater 3DMark score.

Personally, I took two tips from the first post. I deleted the DirectX files in Bad Company folder, and one of the links led me to a post showing me how to revive a medic and keep my gun. :)

5. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Think we have our wires crossed, because I don't know what u mean by that...are u asking me to fund one that u've seen??
    Interleaving just reduces ping mostly, because there no error checking done, but there are tweaks you can do to ur W7/Vista system that will speed things up, though he had that all wrong.
    He is right about disabling IPv6, though it was funny that QOS was still enabled in his screenshot because that's worse..

Yes, HPET off can improve performance.

But noone in their right mind should ever be recommending registry cleaners/tweakers to anyone.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2010
  6. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    You should have just said that from the start... not the stuff about your job, but the bit at the top. I knew you'd hate the reg cleaners. :p

7. Von Dach

Von Dach Master Guru

GPU:
    NV560Ti @900/2394 ATI4890
    Please don't associate the names of good reputation companies with your own publicly...

8. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Not that I'm about to get involved in your guys' love-in, but Pill if you think Eclap is some saint that hasn't thrown unnecessary critical and douchy comments around here, you need to wake up a bit my man.

And really, I take this thread as a user trying to help other users. If you disagree that's fine, but don't come in here and start spamming the guy.. I doubt he means any harm. Come on guys, you know better than that.

9. Von Dach

Von Dach Master Guru

GPU:
    Thanks for this very sharp comment.

10. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Yeah, there's quite a bit of douchiness being thrown around here. If you disagree with at tip, then fine. But state why in a reasonable manner.
    This was useful purely for the fact that I didn't realize Steroscopic 3D was enabled by default.

11. Von Dach

Von Dach Master Guru

GPU:
    It's all about despicable immature character of some whose ego can't stand that a nobody deliver more goods to the masses that they can dream delivering themselves from their high education whupassries . Envy that's all, despicable envy.

This said, all that douchery really doesn't affect me, I'll stand my ground.

12. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    I was pissed off because of the insults towards the other guys, when it could have been taken as constructive criticism instead. And yes I know wat u mean about eclap...:)

But something else did catch my eye:

The OP has produced some of the most well laid out and clearly presented posts I've ever seen in seen in this type of thread..
    Obviously quite a bit of forethought & effort went into the presentation, I will say that....

13. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Well then it might make you feel better by telling you I've had Massive Depressive Disorder for the last 5 years, and on top of that I'm also ADHD.

Your thread is a great idea and it looks great, keep it up. Just don't be afraid of some constructive criticism.
    This forum is one of top ranked in it's category, idk like 7th or something close to that, so people are naturally going to be touchy...

Why am I even still in this anyway...it was eclap and Pirate and urself that started it all.

Nite...

14. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
    EDIT : Can't be bothered i won't stoop to your level :)

15. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Too late I already saw it, and let me tell you it's a damned good thing you edited it.

You misread me I was saying I understand how he feels and we aren't all high class ed.

You started this by insulting his thread then he got personally abusive back to youwhich which pissed me off.

I couldn't care less about the thread it's only a gaming thread anyway and I actually had the decency to pay him a compliment in my last post..which is more than you could do.

So back the **** off yourself.. and if you make a comment like that again I'll do my best to get you permabanned.

16. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Hey Phill, Chill man..Both of you..comon guys..

17. bolden

bolden Active Member

GPU:
    GTX260
    excellent guide, looks nice, trying some tips now!

18. rogue221979

rogue221979 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3090 GTX
    I saw some interesting info here. I'm an IT myself but definetly learned a few new tricks I didnt even know about.

Thanks for the interesting tweaks.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2010
  19. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
    I'm the better person , you are correct and i respect you :)

I'm chill :D

Last edited: Nov 12, 2010
  20. Von Dach

Von Dach Master Guru

GPU:
    [outdated ]

Last edited: Dec 11, 2010