Call Of Duty 7

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Year, Feb 27, 2010.

1. Sinsemilla

Sinsemilla Member

GPU:
    eVGA 460GTX 1 GB
    It's not just the pirated copies; my legit copy runs terrible. I have a very modest rig but can still run the other CODs @ 1080p with most of the eye candy turned on. In the case of Black Ops it's barely playable @ 720p with everything set as low as possible and eye candy turned off. I was noticing as I went through this thread that most people who weren't having issues have newer quad core processors, maybe that's my issue. I'm curious to know if anyone with a C2D or dual core AMD has been running the game without issues right out of the box.

2. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    I know it's DX11 only, I was just wondering if there was much in this game?

Or am I just assuming this game has tessellation because Nvidia used a bit of CODBO at the tech demo last week?

@Mklbride: Horses for courses. I just don't like the game or company because of that one guy.

3. ravageuk

ravageuk Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 580 SLI
    Then how would it have any in this game if its DX9?

Theres no Tessellation whatso ever in this game, and even in the 0.1% chance it does, it has made no difference whatso ever because you cant see it.

4. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    He was sarcastic in pointing out how nvidia used this game to market their 580 ( like the evga 580 black ops edition wich has a poster and a sticker on the card and guess what.. NO ACTUAL GAME, rofl). While the actual game engine is ancient, it's still the same from CoD 4 if not older. It understand now why they made the game so extremely fast paced, so I don't get the chance to look arround and pain my eyes with the horrible visuals, like for example the first mission and the cars wow... just wow, to see this in such a hyped, silly high budget 2010 game screams milking!

5. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Try playing multiplayer and holding down the trigger on any gun, especially rifles. Then come back and tell me there is no recoil :)

6. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Yeah, at least when Valve releases a game on Source, a equally dated Engine, they update the visuals a nice bit, or, at least add good gameplay & a decent story.

7. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    dont understand why you guys think it has no decent story. i love it. infiltration games are awesome imho. especially at these locations.

8. Laykun

Laykun Guest

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    Perhaps they just don't understand the spelling of your name. I mean what the hell is a skeightzophrenic?

9. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    i dont have the game yet but from what i have seen it just looks like more guns blazing over the top action non stop. i think i will get this one though. i passed on MW2

10. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Thank you mate, at least we have a few people on this server with good taste.

How can people not like this game? Much better story than MW2, yes there is over the top action but nowhere near as stupid or unrealistic as MW2. A more balanced MP (no commando, consistent noob tubes, etc, etc). Near limitless customisation. And on top of that 3 brand new zombie maps! For £40 this game is well worth it!

All they need to do now is sort out the insane amount of lag on every server and Nvidia need to get a nice new driver with game optimisations out and it will be awesome!

11. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Here's one good reason why:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpbWJ7wQtHs

I think its the best CoD since CoD 2 so far but it's almost impossible to play/enjoy.

12. sk8zophrenia

sk8zophrenia Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1060
    the weapons have recoils in mp :) need to burst fire

there's nothing wrong with my name. u only get kick if ur name is unknown soldier.
    i got kick whenever i scores high, most of the times but depends on admins of the servers.
    the lask kick was when i stole enemy's care package (napalm) and used it against him than pooof! i got kicked.
    my steam name shortened to sk8zo. so nothing's wrong with it

schizophrenic is a psychological disorder. i thought u knew

Last edited: Nov 11, 2010
  13. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    That makes you a schizophrenic who likes skating. :D

14. sk8zophrenia

sk8zophrenia Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1060
    YES! Exactly! :D

15. sk8zophrenia

sk8zophrenia Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1060
    here's mine from mp cfg:

seta sys_configureGHz "0.0139148"
    seta sys_sysMB "1024"

to what value i should change them?

16. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    well i dont know what that weird decimal figure is supposed to represent, but you could try putting in your real cpu frequency (this might not do anything). also the sysmb value could be for a cache instead of your full system memory, try setting it to 2048, play for a few minutes, then try 4096 and monitor frames/task manager to see which one is best. but remember the game will reset sys config info unless you set the file to read only...check in console to make sure

Last edited: Nov 11, 2010
  17. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    okay this game definitely needs a patch. I'm not sure if it affects nvidia users too or it's an intel cpu problem but my game kept on hanging a couple of times UNTIL i followed someone's advice here to put the game's running process from normal to high.

That finally enabled the game from not shutting down. To tell you the truth even though i have solved the problem of stuttering and hanging but all of these issues have sort of ruined the experience for me.

18. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    How do I put the games running process to high Death Sam?

Also Treyarch have pretty much confirmed that the game suffers from a severe memory leak and a patch to fix it is incoming. :banana:

19. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i started to hate BROKEN GAMES OUT OF THE BOX, and TRYING to FIX them with EDITING etc.. :(

20. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    That's all I've done since my copy arrived yesterday Biggy. The game says I've played 4 hours of the campaign, when in fact those 4 hours have been spent ****ing about with a game I can't fix. I'm still at the very start of the game even after 4 hours. :bang: