Call Of Duty 7

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Year, Feb 27, 2010.

1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    The game has A.I. bots in the Combat Practice mode as I've tried it a few times. The A.I. seems pretty good too. I'm not too keen to play this game online simply for the reason that I'd very likely die every two seconds I'm sure! The offline mode suits me fine if only so I can check out the multiplayer maps. I'm not a big fan of multiplayer gaming anyway; I prefer my games to be more story-focused with definite ends.

2. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream

There's one thing i find riddiculous. I managed to play cod MW1 or was it 2 perfectly fine with my 4870 x2 and c2d all set to max.

The thing is this game DOES NOT look better than mw in terms of graphics yet somehow they have always managed to create games that require increasingly higher hardware requirements but yet don't look significantly better or look better than their predessors at all.

3. metaltoiletry

metaltoiletry Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX HD5870
    That's good to hear. Can you play this mode with other players? Or is it strictly single player?

4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    if you play against AI the player names will be the ones of your friends from steam!! seriously!

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I'm not really sure but I believe it is single player only since it is just a practice mode. You do seem to get points for playing and you level up, etc, presumably as you would if you were playing it online. There's two modes: Team Deathmatch and Free-for-all. Don't know whether the stats carry through to the online mode proper though but it's a nice addition for those of us who are too afraid to play online in case we're utterly humiliated! :D

6. maddy2012

maddy2012 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    Stats don't carry over, but it is good to try out different guns and attachments before you fork out your cod points in MP.

7. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    well the engine is the same and probably didn't change much visually, but they did tweak the engine further somehow by adding or removing code, it's quite possible ATI cards (more like an ati driver thing imo) are not interpreting or loading the code in a timely manner and what you get is lag, stutter or whatever.

either your problem will be fixed with a new driver update or a COdBO patch, stay tuned. ;)

i'm not sure if the game fully utilize Crossfire, have you tried running it without? microstutter usually is a CF/SLi problem, used to get that with my previous 5970 in selected games.

8. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    So lads, iam back home and still game has issues? can be playable? let me see myself.

9. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    Hmm... I believe I'll skip this one for awhile. I've read too many user complaints to justify $60 at this time, though I may pick it up when it's half the cost.

10. Krankie

Krankie Guest

GPU:
    MSI 680 LIGHTNING
    i love this game... best in all COD series. It have some bugs but its playable for me, lets wait for an patch ;)

11. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    WHAT THE FCK? 48 hours(nearly) and no FIX? i cant play the FCKING GAME..LAGGING STUTTERING applied the MULTIGPU fix editing etc but not working.. who ever developed this game, must be a son of a *********..thank god i have TWO WORLDS and MOH to play. Sorry but this is superior to fcking MW2 interms of FIRST TWO DAYS.of launch.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2010
  12. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    Please don't hold back, tells us what you really think. :p

13. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    calm down, it's just a game, no reason to go banzai [​IMG]

14. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    I'm with Biggy. The game is unplayable no matter what temp fixes I use. Get it sorted Treyarch!!! :bang::bang:

15. TirolokoRD

TirolokoRD Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980TI ACX 2
    Acting like babies wont make the game run well...

Maybe you can try another things, changing drivers, swap windows installations (If you have severals), reinstalling the game....downclocking the CPU or something....tried the tweaks talked earlier in the thread!?

16. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    It's really weird that some servers work great while others seem to be in the state right before host migration :D Unbelievable that something like this happens with such a title.

PS: If someone else wants the game to look a little nicer, I've really liked the effect of these lines:

In combination with 16xAA, 16xAF and 4xTSSAA the game really looks great and runs nicely.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2010
  17. ZebMacahan

ZebMacahan Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Liquid X
    for the pc version:

From the main menu when sitting strapped to the chair, hold "space" in and Mason will stand up, and you can walk around in the interrogation room. In the room there is a computer you can access by "F". Type "help" inside the computer and you'll get a list of commands. There are a lot of txt documents there to read. But whats really cool, is that from this computer you can play two minigames, one being the old text-adventure game Zork, the other is a pretty cool arcade shooter. To access Zork, just type "Zork". To access the arcade shooter, type "DOA".

Have fun!

18. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Are you being serious?

You want me to do all that simply because a developer can't release their own game in a competant state? Every other game I have runs just fine.

19. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    That's because it has advanced mechanics to simulate a realistic shot, it is not a problem with the registry, it is a problem with you playing games like COD, with no recoil, so it plays like a rail shooter.

20. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    official Drivers
    No Overclock
    Reintalling? my internet is sht man, paying more than 40 euros per month and getting a 800kb speed ? yeah its sht.
    tried tweaks in even steam forums..no joy..and the thing is IAM NOT ALONE.

And next time PICK ur words pls, or just talk while u r facing to the wall.

My friends, u dont get it. ofocurse iam calm just OVER HYPING things..but the thing is, for 59 USD, this is too much.

And Thi game seems has alot of potential in MP, and after a hard day i want to fcking Mumtiplay a FPS :/.