Poor performance with Crossfire in COD Black ops

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by blesner, Nov 9, 2010.

1. DJ_Casper

DJ_Casper Guest

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4070 Dual
    Say thnx for shetty programers from Treytech. It's not drivers' problems

By the way COD Black Ops is shet :puke2:

2. Kohlendioxidus

Kohlendioxidus Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 Pu
    Hey guys, how long is the SP campain??:3eyes: The same ****y 4 hours gameplay like MOHA 2010??

3. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
    medal of honor campaign disappointed me. it was hyped up so much... but then it ended so quickly and suddenly.

the campaign in black ops is a decent length ish. 8-13 hours depending on your playstyle.

4. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    well i just got this and perf is crap. am on whql 10.10's.

anyone who finds the framerate cap removal solution pls let me know. did it on the last cod and it ran much better for me. (over 100..so this one should run as good).

p.s i shouldnt be running at sub 60fps. gonna leave it a week or so then try diff drivers.

last 2 exams than some gaming hehe!!

5. Dragontorc

Dragontorc Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan
    Darren where is this profile

"I'm using the 10.10d Hotfix dirvers with the 4th November 2010 Catalyst Application Profile."

6. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    To remove the framerate cap, edit the file players\config.cfg and change the line below

seta com_maxfps "85"

to

seta com_maxfps "xxxx" (any number up to 1000)

The 120 FPS may be a known issue with Steam, when the Steam Community overlay is also turned on, RadeonPro's FPS counter appears doubled.

I'm playing with all settings @ max including AA 16x and FPS and with MW2 profile (custom iw4?p*.exe), the "r_multiGpu" was already set by the game to "1".

PS: not sure if the custom profile is helping though.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2010
  7. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    It didn't when I created custom CoD:MW2 CFX profiles last night. I created separate ones for the single player and multiplayer by the way, using iw4sp.exe and iw4mp.exe respectively. So I could have just created one with iw4?p*.exe then?

I also spotted that the game's AA setting goes above 8xAA too as I wasn't expecting there to be a 16xAA option so never clicked beyond that. With 16xAA the game still runs as smoothly as 8xAA and both are improvements on the old CoD limits of 4xAA. I would imagine that this game will run even better once AMD release a proper CFX profile for the game. At the moment I'm seeing dips in the framerate to 40 fps but generally it runs at 60 fps most of the time.

8. Kohlendioxidus

Kohlendioxidus Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 Pu
    okay thanks man, than I may consider purchasing this one:3eyes:.

9. LiquidFrost

LiquidFrost Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3080 Master
    4-5 hours gameplay tops.

And the stuttering nearly made my computer go out the window.
    Also guns designed in 1977 making appearances in 1968 = poor show Treyarch, at least show some effort.

10. Kinleyb

Kinleyb Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX
    Yeah we need a CAP...BAD! FPS drops! Game is Bad Ass though! :)

11. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    iw4?p*.exe is the way it's defined in the video driver dll, using iw4sp.exe (or iw4mp.exe) does nothing because that entry doesn't exist. Try using iw4?p*.exe, I'm using here and there is no framerate drops to 40'ish (only at movies).

12. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    hey guys i had severe lagging until i turned off my AV. With MLAA enabled the sky turned pink!

A 5970 is considered x-fire correct?

Anyone somehow game didn't lag after AV was turned off and i set everything to highest AA x16 but it looks to be the same as AA x0. Maybe i have to look closer.

After reading this thread i realised it's a game issue so i guess we need to wait for a patch to be released.

13. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    Hey do u think you could disable vsync in game and then enable it using that dvdoverider program?

WOuld that be better?

14. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    So that means that you have to use a filename exactly as it is defined in the driver otherwise forcing it for another game won't work? Interesting... I didn't know that. Thanks for sharing that info.

Is there anyway to get a list of the filenames as they're defined in the driver then? I seem to recall there being some way to read the contents of the encrypted CAP file in Wordpad but it doesn't allow you to edit it. I'd like to see this to ensure that the custom profiles I've created have the exact filenames used by the driver.

15. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    In some games such as Dead Space it is better to force v-sync outside of the game because it has a 30 fps cap if you force the in-game option but it's capped at the refresh rate of your display if you force it through D3DOverrider or similar. Black Ops is not capped at 30 fps though so it shouldn't make any difference. With D3DOverrider or RadeonPro you can (and should IMO) also enable triple buffering which will prevent unnecessary framerate drops when v-sync is enabled.

16. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    I'm using AA 16x and it definitely looks better than AA 0x :)

Screenshots (spoiler free)
    http://p4ouuw.blu.livefilestore.com...LsY/_BlackOps.exe_2010-11-10-15-48-47-388.jpg

http://p4ouuw.blu.livefilestore.com...clbu/BlackOps.exe_2010-11-10-15-44-41-374.jpg

Yes, the name must match (the names are not case sensitive, though).

To see the names you can open atiumdag.dll in a hex editor and search for some common .exe, for example crysis.exe

17. perosmct

perosmct Banned

GPU:
    unknown
    it's performing extremely well...90-270 fps...on me...everything maxed out..16xAA, 16xAF, 1920x1080, textures:extra...and i didn't changed any file any name...i prefer original performance...

18. Kinleyb

Kinleyb Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX
    nevermind i see how u fixed the framecap

Last edited: Nov 10, 2010
  19. Kinleyb

Kinleyb Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX
    What is this >(custom iw4?p*.exe), ? And how do i get it or use it?:)

20. eddylipstick

eddylipstick Member

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    No problem at all here with r_multiGpu enabled and still on catalyst 10.5.
    Smootly playable @ 1920x1080 and 4xAA :)