GeForce ForceWare 262.99 WHQL Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Silviu, Nov 9, 2010.

1. SuperBill

SuperBill Guest

GPU:
    Dual eVGA GTX 580's - SLI
    Not true at all, but these applications aren't for just anyone. I've personally never had a single problem and I've been using them for years. When you run into problems it's typically because you're cleaning crap out that you shouldn't be. I.E. cleaning out chipset drivers when you only intend to clean out display (such as when you run a mobo with an Nvidia chipset). As a general rule of thumb, if one plans to perform a clean driver installation with one of these applications, it's a good idea to go into the process with the intention of uninstalling, cleaning, and reinstalling chipset, display, and possibly other drivers relative to one's particular system. As I said, these applications aren't for everyone. It's probably safe to say that only users who have a full understanding of their particular PC and the processes involved in a clean installation should use these applications (for example, I am fully capable of performing a clean installation manually as I possess the technical knowledge to do so; however, driver cleaning applications save a lot of trouble and I much prefer to use them).

2. JustDave

JustDave Guest

GPU:
    BFG 260GTX OC(216) 896MB
    so far, it has better IQ then 260.99(for all my PC's in the house). that's about it.

sticking to the Q259.81's. been a well rounded set in my home for some time now.

off topic: imho, nvidia's fix for BFBC2 will prolly be the 580gtx lol!

3. EntityGM

EntityGM New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte NV460OC-1GI
    Just got my "upgrade" from a 9600gt to a 460-1gb last week. I noticed immediate stuttering in BC2 but the 258 (I believe 258.96?) drivers were signinficantly better at it. Framerates weren't all that much higher but the stutter was gone and it just felt right again. Still takes a lot longer to get going when a map loads than the old card though

4. bokah

bokah Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 670GTX 2G
    if u let windows install wddm driver and after that go safe mode to do cleanin with sweeper, u will most likely lose ur wddm driver and ur display resolutions and scalings, depending how screwd edid u have

just one example of driversweeper gone bad

5. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Bad drivers for GTX480 and DirT2 , Massive slowdown everywhere :/ almost to a crawl , like the hunter back to 258.96 :) Best drivers for DirT2. meehhh....

6. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    hm, just checked its empty :nerd:

although why should this affect it, if its fine with any other driver prior 260.xx, even these 259.81quadro aren't affected., its something in cuda 3.2.1.

hopefully next branch 3.3.1? fixes it

7. vlad2000

vlad2000 New Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX260
  8. Vood007

Vood007 Master Guru

GPU:
    Too
    Just did two races in Dirt 2 and i do not see any slowdowns. Absolutely smooth at 60fps vsync everywhere. I run the game from HDD but the replay file is on SSD...

9. zeroberto

zeroberto Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX460 768MB
    Mafia II is definitely better with this driver, but it is not perfect, there is still stutter occasionally.
    No change in F1.

10. allup

allup Master Guru

GPU:
    2 X SLi 2070 Super
    Well, i do say that this driver is a marked improvement in IQ and video playback smoothness are ok until u watch it for a while. Then u do notice the frame stuttering issue. I would call this driver a toss up. On one end, for most games would be fine. For heavy video use, uhhh no.
    But that's why it is a BETA driver in so far as not using it with the 580..
    You buy your ticket and takes your chances.. For me it is back to the 260.99's
    Shows lot's of promise for the next set's though.
    See video stutter at. http://img602.imageshack.us/i/videostutter.jpg

Last edited: Nov 9, 2010

11. Steve30x

Steve30x Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 7900GRE
    This driver gives me the best performance and IQ I have seen so far since I got my GTX470's. Dirt 2 plays as smooth as silk with no slow downs and IQ is through the roof for me. All settings maxed @ 1920 x 1080.

12. Grahf

Grahf Guest

GPU:
    MSI N580GTX Lightning
    NEVERMIND. I'm getting weird never-before-seen artifacting in ME2. Time to go back to 260.99... :bang:

13. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    i dont have any replay files (even in Grid folder), and its fine if i rerun the bench ,only the first time and it happens by second 3Dflash - its when it shows the track and the cars, cuda 3.1.1 isn't affected.

14. nexuno

nexuno Guest

GPU:
    rtx 3080 Eagle OC
    I came back from ATI side and i really can't remember how these drivers work...i mean ATI has drivers once a month for all their cards...what about nvidia?a driver only for 1 card? o_O

15. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Have you tried the 260.93 drivers? The IQ is really good.

16. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    It's just for GTX 580 support. If it was meant to fix something, it would be available for all cards.

17. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680
    Whats IQ?

18. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Image Quality.

19. allup

allup Master Guru

GPU:
    2 X SLi 2070 Super
    Thanks Pill..

As he said. "Image quality": When your screen and the images on it look more crisp and blend well in all areas. That's how i look at it anyways.

20. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    yea i saw it later its based on the same cuda 3.2.1 branch as the rest 260(1).xx series.. guess i'll wait for next cuda 3.?3.1 , not just driver numbers.