RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by japamd, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanEVO7

DanEVO7 Member Guru

GPU:
    Duke 2080 Ti
    Hallo everyone

1st post here. I hope it's good.. :)

I took some info from Cave Waverider and changed it a litle so it might work
    for some of you having problems. At least it worked for me.
    (for single card owners)
    Copy paste to a *.txt then rename it to *.reg and run it:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
    ; Unlock new Radeon 6xxx driver features/options for Radeon 5xxx cards on Catalyst 10.10a and later.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0000]
    "MLF_NA"="0"
    "EnableUlps_NA"="0"
    "SurfaceFormatReplacements_NA"="0"
    "TFQ_NA"="0"
    "TextureLod_NA"="0"
    "DXVA_WMV_NA"="0"
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0000\UMD]
    "MLF_DEF"="0"
    "EnableUlps_DEF"="0"
    "SurfaceFormatReplacements_DEF"="0"
    "TFQ_DEF"="1"
    "AntiAliasSamples_SET"= "0,2,4,8"
    "AntiAlias_DEF"="1"
    "AntiAliasSamples_DEF"="0"
    "AntiAliasMapping_SET"="0(0:0,1:0) 2(0:2,1:2) 4(0:4,1:4) 8(0:8,1:8,2:16)"

I hope it helps

Nice job Japamd! Very helpfull

2. Jakshi

Jakshi Member Guru

GPU:
    PoV GTX680@1300/3700
    Hey there Mr. John.
    I wanted to write a script where Fraps would load everytime I start a certain game. But I dunno how to do it ^^.

What I want exactly is when the game starts Fraps should also start and then F9 should be hold, if that is also possible to write in the script like "Hold F9 for 0.5s".

And when I close the game fraps should also close.

Thnx in advance!

3. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Everything is perfect so far here.
    But, i just got into a little bug.

In the wizard. When you get to the Game's launcher section.
    The "Browse" button to select the exe/launcher, doesn't work.
    But that's about it.

4. XibaD

XibaD Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 7850 2Gb
    No problem japanmd, you are already doing enough efforts to bring us this amazing app :)

It didn't work for me, sorry :(

I eventually did the same: I reinstalled the drivers with the modded inf tweak and now it's working again. Maybe the first time I reported this feature to be working with Radeonpro was because of having installed 10.10c with modded inf before doing a clean install, I don't know. The question is that the "tweak" dialog is displayed at Radeonpro launch, but after that the options seems to be grayed out and not appearing at all in CCC.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2010

5. Phyxion

Phyxion Banned

GPU:
    ASUS EAH5770 1G VT
    I updated to the latest version but I still have a buggy fps counter (It only displays 0-9) in TF2 windowed mode while I have it set to hidden. I now disabled the fps module and it works, but it's very weird.

6. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    Any one with Fallout New Vegas and RadeonPro?
    I can't enable Vsych with triple buffering. Using latest version. If I enable Aggressive Api detection it doesn't apply any settings and the fps counter on screen disappears.

7. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Because 3 of the values needs to be set to 1 for RadeonPro to detect the driver settings correct.
    And they should still be edited in Current Control's Video settings thou, then a quick reboot and it RP will ask if it should enable these new settings.

8. XibaD

XibaD Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 7850 2Gb
    It did ask me to enable it, indeed. But then they were grayed out... I don't know.

Anyway, installing the drivers with the modded inf has solved the "issue" for me right now, but thanks for the help :)

9. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    This its not needed for me since i do it with .bat files. But others may like it(?).

Currently the game launches and scripts are executed. But nothing guarantees that the game wont open meanwhile (this meaning that any macros which depend of windows interface will get ****ed).

I found a little C++ app (can be used via command line, its open source and doesnt have any license on readme) that can suspend/resume almost everything (its not guaranteed 100% that it works and its safe, but i have yet to find any problem with it).

With it i have 100% sure that the game wont OPEN (process its created, but it wont go on top of my screen) until i finish my custom script (or at least until a cooldown timer).

If some1 else finds it usefull (i do, but can be done via .bat file too :p) and japamd wants to implement it. Its not more than 5minute work (if you use the tool, more if you want to copy code xP) as coder + interface button/timer textfield.

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/threads/pausep.aspx

Tried with css and fallout NV. works great

.bat way to do it here (execute it on radeonpro and put your script in the middle of the pausep executions)
    the exe name its %1 (first argument)
    cd C:/PausepFolder
    FOR /F "tokens=2 delims= " %%A IN ('TASKLIST /FI "Imagename eq %1" /NH') DO SET my_pid=%%A
    pausep %my_pid%
    "MYSCRIPT"
    pausep %my_pid% /R

And then

Run("C:\\CMD\\MacrosRaton\\mycustomscript.bat","hl2.exe") <-- hl2.exe = game executable name.

<-- Yeah my mouse doesnt have gaming based profile switch and i do it via macros which take ~1second for FPS games with help of RP+command line scripts :p.

10. XibaD

XibaD Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 7850 2Gb
    I don't know exactly what you are trying to do, but if you want to PAUSE a script, just launching msdos PAUSE command doesn't do the trick? I'm amazed how powerful is Radeonpro scripting... I use to launch ATT, D3Doverrider, etc etc, and taskkill.exe :D

So I think with PAUSE command would also work, wouldn't it?

11. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    its about pausing the game execution and resuming after scripts ends. So it wont pop in your screen (aka the full screen app) before the scripts execute.
    Depends of what you are trying to do (for example execute macros with macro expert and such) you need to pause.
    If you pause, you will only pause scripts (or not, they dont wait each other i think). But game will execute again.

I have already it done, im proposing it as an integrated feature if some1 else wants it (delayed game execution, altho its not 100% true bcs the process wont close, just suspend).

12. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    You can use the timeout command: TIMEOUT /t "seconds" /nobreak

13. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    you cant, games wont wait you xP. They just launch.

14. =GGC=Phantomblu

=GGC=Phantomblu Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6900XT
    Good morning.
    In Radeonpro do not recognize the logo of my cards.
    I own two ATI HD 4890.
    Instead put the Nvidia logo. There 's something that does not come back.
    It happens using the MSI Afterburner.:3eyes:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 6, 2010
  15. g60force

g60force Guest

GPU:
    NV 1660Ti + 5850
    SWINGLISH PLEASE :3eyes: I don't understand you :nerd:

16. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I had a weird experience last night where CrossFireX stopped working with 95% of my games (a few still worked but most didn't). I'm not entirely sure that RadeonPro caused it but I was using it at the time so it may have been a factor.

What I did was try to disable CrossFireX for F1 2010 under DX11 as the fix for the puddles/reflection glitch cause the visuals to flicker (it is fine in DX9 though). I already had a profile set up for the game in RadeonPro so I just did the normal thing of setting CrossFireX to disabled. When I loaded the game though I noticed that CFX was still working. Since I'm using MLAA tweaked 10.10d Hotfix drivers I don't have the option to disable Catalyst A.I. anymore so I chose the ForceSingleGPU setting from the CFX profiles. That didn't seem to work either, CFX was still working.

So I decided I'd give up and set the CFX profile back to the defaults but when I loaded the game CFX wasn't working at all. Puzzled I logged off then on and tried the game again; the profile was set correctly to use default settings for CFX and CrossFireX was enabled in the CCC plus the icon was active too. Still didn't work. So I rebooted. Same result. At that point I decided to try other games and found that Lost Planet 2, Mafia 2 and about six other games that had CFX working before no longer worked. I did the Restore Factory Defaults in the CCC to no avail, nothing would get it working for most games.

I was fortunately able to roll back to a restore point just before I started messing around the F1 2010 profile and got CFX working again. I can't help wondering if it is caused by using an unsupported tweak for the HD 5800 cards and that some registry entries got corrupted.

So what the heck happened? Has anyone else come across anything similar?

17. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Unless you launch them via the same bat file, which is what I meant :p

18. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    ah yeah, but i mostly launch them via steam "join other user game" :p.

19. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz

Starting programs is easy, just use the Run command, for the rest you can use bat files.

Bug, I forgot to re-attach the event handlers after cut/paste of controls from one place to another.

Also, there's a bug in Steam browser, I'll try to fix those in next build.

I have TF2 here, the counter can be hidden, and when it's visible it's being displayed as it should. Really really weird.

I can confirm it's not working for vsync and triple-buffering, the code seems to be using Direct3DCreate9Ex API call to create the device and that API is not monitored by RadeonPro yet.

The game waits for the program to finish, but if the launched process starts another process and quit then the game will start because the first process already finished.

Well, I'm not blind so no need to write in BIG letters.

That happens when the primary card isn't identified as an ATI (1002) card.

Besides trying ForceSingleGPU, did you changed CrossfireX mode slider?

20. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT

are you sure? if i launch a .bat file with "timeout 10" the game wont wait for 10seconds.

The process you wait its the "Filename launch", not the scripting right?. Altho i cant get the game to wait for them via "natural" ways.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.