RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by japamd, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    For everyone having trouble to get the new driver features like Morphological Filtering, Surface Optimizations and such to work in RadeonPro, you need to see the following driver caps when you click on the ATi Logo on the lower right of the main RadeonPro window:

Code:
    Driver Caps:	1010111111111
    If you don't get those, it won't work.

The following Windows 7 registry file may help (copy and paste the code into a text file and rename it to Unlock_6xxx_Catalyst_Driver_Features_5xxx.reg (or whatever you want to call it, just make sure the file extension is .reg) and execute it to add it to the Windows Registry (you'll likely need administrator permissions for it). Then either log off or reboot your computer to have the changes become active. Be warned, however, that bad changes to the Windows registry can lead to all kinds of problems including making your copy of Windows unable to boot.
    Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
    ; Unlock new Radeon 6xxx driver features/options for Radeon 5xxx cards on Catalyst 10.10a and later.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0001]
    "MLF_NA"="0"
    "EnableUlps_NA"="0"
    "SurfaceFormatReplacements_NA"="0"
    "TFQ_NA"="0"
    "TextureLod_NA"="0"
    "DXVA_WMV_NA"="0"
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0001\UMD]
    "MLF_DEF"="0"
    "EnableUlps_DEF"="0"
    "SurfaceFormatReplacements_DEF"="0"
    "TFQ_DEF"="1"
    "AntiAliasSamples_SET"= "0,2,4,8"
    "AntiAlias_DEF"="1"
    "AntiAliasSamples_DEF"="0"
    "AntiAliasMapping_SET"="0(0:0,1:0) 2(0:2,1:2) 4(0:4,1:4) 8(0:8,1:8,2:16)"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0002]
    "MLF_NA"="0"
    "EnableUlps_NA"="0"
    "SurfaceFormatReplacements_NA"="0"
    "TFQ_NA"="0"
    "TextureLod_NA"="0"
    "DXVA_WMV_NA"="0"
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0002\UMD]
    "MLF_DEF"="0"
    "EnableUlps_DEF"="0"
    "SurfaceFormatReplacements_DEF"="0"
    "TFQ_DEF"="1"
    "AntiAliasSamples_SET"= "0,2,4,8"
    "AntiAlias_DEF"="1"
    "AntiAliasSamples_DEF"="0"
    "AntiAliasMapping_SET"="0(0:0,1:0) 2(0:2,1:2) 4(0:4,1:4) 8(0:8,1:8,2:16)"
    That's what I used on my system. 0001 is my first AMD/ATi GPU, 0002 is my second (0000 is my Nvidia GTX285 card that I use for Hardware PhysX with the PhysX mod). This will vary from system to system, so you will have to modify the entries to get them to work for you.
    You will have to replace 0001 and 0002 in the entries with the proper key for the AMD/ATi video cards in your system, otherwise it won't work (unless you have the same keys as me). you may also need to create more entries if you run more than two ATi video cards.
    To see which key number your cards use on your system, start regedit and check HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\ and which entries you have there. Then replace the 0001 and 0002 respectively. Of course, you should really only need one entry if you run Crossfire X as the settings will copy over to the other cards, but the two entries ar eincluded here just to be safe.

I hope this helps. If RadeonPro still shows the new 6xxx features to be greyed out on your 5xxx video card after reboot, uninstall RadeonPro completely (click "No" at the uninstallation prompt), delete the RadeonPro Folder in Program Files (x86) as well as in your user profiles AppData\Roaming folder, run CCleaner to fix any registry issues, reboot, download the latest release of RadeonPro and reinstall it.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2010
  2. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    @Cave Waverider - I might be wrong but I don't think you need to apply the registry tweak to all the graphics cards in multi-GPU setups. Because CFX works by using the same graphics settings for both cards when you run a game, any registry tweaks you make to the first GPU will be applied to the second as well.

I used a registry tweak to enable MLAA in the 10.10c and 10.10d Hotfix drivers but it only added the required entries for my first GPU. However, when I looked in the registry the same registry settings are showing for my second card too (for some reason it is 003).

Correct me if I'm wrong though.

3. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Anyone playing Test Drive Unlimited and got settings that work for it using Radeon Pro? Doesnt matter what settings I use. Any at all aa wise and TDU just ctds everytime. Its qutie frustrating. In game aa is crap. I miss 16xaa like I had using my 8800gts 512 back in the day.

4. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    I dont know if someone has said this already, but the MLAA (button) does not work, if I want it on I need to enable it in CCC. And know when my browser is hardware accelerated, even my browser get that strange look like the fps number from fraps. Its not as good looking as in games, it makes all text look blurry. So I hope this could be fixed somehow, it would be perfect to be able to choose the software you want it enabled on, as it was meant to do (duh). Just wanted to let you know. Or confirm if someone has said it. Also, the "new" amd logo that supposed to be on all the time, doesnt show, atleast in BC2/MOH (only games ive played so far). Thx. Keep it up!

[​IMG]

Here is a screenshot of how my Firefox (x64 4.8beta Nightly version) looks like with MLAA on in CCC. So maybe you understand better why its not optimal? :)

Last edited: Nov 2, 2010

5. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    mlaa is working with radeon pro for me. I just tested it with GRAW 2 and Test drive unlimited 2 beta. I tried by checking it then running game. Then unchecked it in and re ran games. I have mlaa disabled by default since if fubars DODS and CSS

6. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Ok I will try it again, but it didnt work last (once tested so I could be wrong) time, but Ill be back soon. :) Hoping youre right.

Oh so it works with GRAW 2?! :) Thats great that we finally can have somekind of real AA in games that use Deferred lighting/shading? Real good news! And how is TDU2, is it any good? Or is the beta too early? I wasnt so into the first one, I bought it, but barely played it because of so much "baby" issues in the beginning. But if this new one is better, im very intrested in it.

EDIT: YES IT DOES WORK, so sorry for doubting you! :) Its my own fault, when you have it enabled from CCC Fraps fps looks rounded, but I forgot that it wouldnt be rounded now when its only enabled in the specific games! So thank you very much!

But im still right about the new AMD logo, does not work atleast in DX11 (BC2/MOH).

7. Cave Waverider

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Well, that's how the Morphological Filter works. It applies to the whole image, including text. That's why it also doesn't look very good in games that use lots of text in small fonts. Turn it off in CCC and the RP General profile, and only enable it in the RP profile for each game you want to use it with.
    Traditional FSAA modes much superior to the MLF, especially rotated grid supersampling.

8. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Although there is a bug with the MLAA, it doesnt shutdown after the game ends? Is there a way to make it close, without having to go to CCC every time? And can others confirm this? Not complaining, its still better than having it on all the time. But would of course be optimal if it shut it self down after?

Read my post again, you´ll see that I got it working, or it was never broken(except the bug in this post, above the quote).
    And im not trying to be an ass, but I know all that already, im not new to graphics and pc´s in general, I just thought its great that it works with GRAW2 and safte to say, with other deferred games out there. I think it looks great in BC2 and MOH, havent tested in other games yet. But I agree, the only downside is the ugly text, but in war games and other games where you dont need to reading skills, but aiming skills:))), there its perfect. It looks even better if you enable normal AA with it, x4. Others say they have performance issues with it on, but for me it runs great. But maybe not so strange that it runs good, as I have finally got my system (DX11+CFX) working, im so damn happy now again. No need to use 10.5a, or any other driver, it finally is working as it should again. So happy.

Ps. Anyone else playing MOH today with the new patch, I have terrible lag (not low fps)in the game right now? How are you experiances? And some issues with logging in to the game (ea servers)?? Hope its not the patch, and just busy servers, I would cry if DICE managed to break MOH as they did with BC2(Medic is useless now, so is balance, damn paddles work maybe 10% of every revive I try). Sorry for offtopic.

9. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I haven't noticed this.

If I create a profile with MLAA forced for a particular game then MLAA is disabled once I exit the game. If I check the CCC then MLAA is unchecked as expected. If I run another game that doesn't have MLAA forced then MLAA isn't enabled either. Works as it should do for me.

Are you sure you don't have MLAA enabled in the Global settings or something like that?

10. Cave Waverider

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Nope, it resets to the global profile just fine for me.
    Try the following. Disable the MLF in CCC. Open RadeonPro, click on the Global button, enable MLF, click save changes. Then disable MLF again and click save changes. Reboot your computer. Verify that MLF is off. Then create a profile for a game you wish to use MLF with and enable MLF in that profile. Start the game, verify it's working (don't open CCC during the game while a RP Profile is applied, it can mess things up), exit the game. Check if MLF is properly disabled, which it should be.

Oh, and make sure you have a clean install of RadeonPro without having saved the settings and not an update from a previous version last version or it's remains.

11. sprower

sprower Master Guru

GPU:
    TriFire5770 9800GT Physx
    Thanks for the help. I did a clean install of RadeonPro and still no luck.

To clarify, Driver Caps is not referring to Catalyst CAPS I take it? Is it something I can fix or are the new Cat AI options and Surface Format Optimizations just not applicable through RPro for 5700 series? I'm just a bit confused because the new functions are all there in CCC and appear to be working correctly as well as Morphological Filtering in RadeonPro.

Also Darren would be right about applying reg tweaks. Just have to change the settings on the primary card and the slave gpus automatically apply those on restart.

Thanks again.

12. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Ok guys, thx, will test now. Im sure you are right, and now that I think about it, MOH got a CTD (great, propably the new patch :(), maybe thats why it was still on because the game didnt end as it should? But yeah, thx guys Ill post back when tested.

13. g60force

g60force Guest

GPU:
    NV 1660Ti + 5850
    sh*t I got: Driver Caps: 0010000000000 ....
    with 10.10c + inf mod, it was working.... 10.10d modded isn't :(

14. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    I don't really get the idea why the CurrentControlSet isn't modded instead.
    Worked fine for me with every single 10.10 driver version.
    The above reg hack won't work for a single card either, since the key in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} is 0000.
    No 0001 or 0002 there.

Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video and look trough the keys until you find one that has REG_SZ Service=amdkmdap
    Browse trogh that keys 000x keys and find the *_NA entries, edit and set the REG_SZ ones to 0, then reboot.
    Worked here every single time.

15. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Modded driver? RadeonPro expects a clear/untouched/non-modded driver, that's why it can't automatically enable the features.

Inside 0000 key, set MLF_NA, TFQ_NA and SurfaceFormatReplacements_NA to "0" and create MLF_DEF, TFQ_DEF and SurfaceFormatReplacements_DEF inside 0000\UMD key. Restart RadeonPro and let it activate the features.

The button is disabled? Post you driver caps bits so I can see what's missing.

While in Global profile view, set and reset MLAA then save your global profile. That way MLAA you be reseted when you exit a profile that have MLAA set.

I've installed 10.10d and MLAA was disabled after the installation. Just started RadeonPro and it activated the new features.

Please clean your previous drivers traces and try with a untouched driver, modded driver is not supported (as it's already modded and should be working in first place, right?)

16. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Yes! Thanks japamd, once more you come to the rescue! ;) Works perfectly now! And thx to all you guys!

17. sprower

sprower Master Guru

GPU:
    TriFire5770 9800GT Physx
    All good now. Thanks for the help guys. :D

18. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Hmmm really strange thing happening in Modern Warfare 2, I enabled the xfire logo and new amd logo, and where the xfire logo usually is, now is a nvidia logo?? :) Is this a joke? I tried to take a screenshot of it, but it didnt stick to the png file i took with RP? ;) Someone with some good explanation? :D

19. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Its because your running hybrid, this happened to me and to fix it i had to install 10.10d drivers from fresh right over the top of the old set then activate MLAA features with RP.

then it worked LOL :)

20. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    No im not running hybrid anymore, my 9800GT is in my htpc with the GTX460, it just couldnt fit in my system info (guru3d have such short spaces for them, tpu give you huge lines of space for every part in the computer). :) So I actually thought that too first, it took me 3-4 seconds before I remembered its not in my ATI (desktop) system anymore? So thats strange! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.