My bfbc2 tweak guide

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Prophet, Oct 31, 2010.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    you could also try a reinstall of the game. some games keep some sort of cache of the videocard you have installed. since you changed yours, maybe something is kept , what shouldnt be kept.

its worth a try isnt it ?

2. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    http://forum.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=3757349#post3757349

even i have 100 FPS, will i play the BC2? lol thats open top discussion but the thing is i want my 480 purchase WORTH at least -_-

3. Mr_Alexander

Mr_Alexander Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GYGABYTE 3080ti
    I think you should give this game another try (after you sorte out your CPU problem of course). My friends and I we play Squad death Match mostly and it is really a game where team work is important. One medic one recon and one assault is very important. Ingeneer I think most useless class. The only thing he can do is laucnch these sausages that cannot damage a tank properly from the first shot. Espesially it gets real interesting if 4 different clans compete agains each other. try and play with us once.

To OP. Sorry for off topic post. Got really carried away from excitment.

4. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680

Next driver come out should support older cpus (like yours :)

Try Msi afterburner and check your gpu usage, it´s probably in the vicinity of 20-40%, thats the reason you´re getting low fps.

5. ravageuk

ravageuk Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 580 SLI
    His CPU speed is perfectly fine and is more than enough to run the game... iv tested this with mine on a stock speed aswell as OC (2.66 stock) and i had 50ish solid fps on stock... when OC'd i gained maybe 15fps which isnt reallt noticable after 60.

6. ravageuk

ravageuk Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 580 SLI
    To me that sounds like the game... your hardware is more than enough to run this game on the maximum details & 1980x1080 or 1980x1200 if your monitor can output it.
    But yea man you should be pushing out a minimum of 40FPS on your unit :bugeye:

7. SlackerITGuy

SlackerITGuy Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 Fury
    Yup.

I'm also waiting for this next driver release as well, I guess FERMI based cards only run as advertised on i7 setups.

Here's a PM I got from ManuelG on the ETA for these drivers:

[​IMG]

EDIT: Btw, does anyone know of any FPS limiter application that works with BFBC2? this would solve any issue(s) with V-Sync Off (screen tearing) or On (dip in performance when FPS not LOCKED IN @ refresh rate, since enabling Triple Buffering only makes things worse in this game).

Last edited: Nov 1, 2010
  8. ivan.winata

ivan.winata Guest

GPU:
    GTX2080Ti Zotak
    C'mon guys, the dude tried his best to help those gamers in other forum.

Proof: first question people ask there is: HOW DO I INSTALL WIN 7 IN MY PS3?

PPFFTTTT......................

9. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680
    Thanks for more info. I dont think an fps limiter exists I was looking for one as well.
    An fps limiter isnt the same as vsync. With vsync the frame the gpu is drawn is timed to when the monitor prints it, an limiter would simply put a roof on how many fps would draw and that would most likely be asynchronous.

10. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680
    Wow your logic, cause he asked a silly question my guide is ****ty, is stunning. He was just bumping it.

11. SlackerITGuy

SlackerITGuy Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 Fury
    I understand.

It wouldn't solve the screen tearing issue completely, but it would reduce it significantly, since most of the tearing occurs when the FPS is well past the Refresh rate.

12. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    @Bigtime, as other have said, you have a CPU bottleneck, with my cpu/gpu the lowest BFBC2 goes with 32csaa and all maxed dx11....is 55 frames. That's probably as a result of a cpu bottleneck too.

13. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680
    This is what nvidia would have you believe.

There are however evidence saying otherwise.

For example http://www.sweclockers.com/artikel/...-av-processor-grafikkort-och-minne/8#pagehead (this is in swedish :/ ) As you can see http://www.sweclockers.com/image/diagram/1746-prestandasammanfattning the performance is the same at 2.4 and 3.5 ghz.

They get pretty much the same fps on some of the top clocks.

Also, nvidia is going to release a drive that will support older cpus which will increase gpu usage. That looks like a bunch of bs. Also ati users with the same sort of cpu´s are reporting 100% (or very high) gpu usage.

14. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080Ti

fps limiter here with instructions

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26943828

15. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    @Bigtime: If your GPU isn't going to full speed clocks, try just refreshing your drivers and applications:

-Uninstall Nvidia drivers, as well as Afterburner or Riva or whatever you may be using
    -Clean up registry entries and folders related to Nvidia
    -Reinstall drivers
    -Do not overclock

I have a problem with my 275 getting stuck in 2D mode if I overclock or play Crysis. Reinstalling drivers seems to be the only way to clear it up.

16. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680
  17. SlackerITGuy

SlackerITGuy Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 Fury
  18. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    I guess my eyes aren't that sensitive then.

deltatux