My bfbc2 tweak guide

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Prophet, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680
    I just find it amazing that so many people are whining. I did this to help people and it´s not like im earning anything for it so quit your bitching for gods sake. If you dont like it, dont read it.

2. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680
    Yea if it´s coded right :)

Yea could be placebo I guess I thought I saw slightly higher gpu usage (as you may or may not know bfbc2 on nvidias is known to have very low gpu usage for a lot of users).

I put it to cpu now and let´s see what happens when I try it later. I googled this and found some others that felt a difference

3. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680
    Yea it can be hard to notice sometimes. Depending on what you are used to, if you have hardware that may or may not have inherit lag etc. Try playing on a crt with vsync off for a while and then going back you are probably going to notice it. Actually I´m not sure it introduces mouselag in every case, but I think so.

4. NobleKnight51

NobleKnight51 Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GT 512MB PCI-E
    I leave vsync and tripple buffering off because i dont notice any tearing in any games I play.

Anyways, your guide is more of a general systems performance guide. I can tell you put some time into it, which is great. But what everyone was probably expecting were .ini tweaks/reg tweaks to either adjust variables that will affect performance/quality in the game (like shadow resolution, draw distances, etc.). These actually involve tweaking the game. A good example is Oblivion.. You can tweak the hell out of it, just by messing with its .ini file.

5. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Wow 6 answers in a row. They invented an EDIT button for that long ago.

Personally i edited my setting with grass=medium and trees=medium (undergrowth etc) and that was enough boost to get it smooth.

Enjoying the game and having a positive outlook on life [tm] generally goes a long way. ;)

6. PR-0927

PR-0927 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 680 SC+
    My God, why the hell do you keep like triple- and quadruple-posting. Fairly certain the moderators frown upon that here (as in most forums).

And this thread just made me LOL. As if more than 60 FPS will benefit you on a 60 Hz monitor...and as if putting the settings on all low with a painful-to-eyesight resolution to maximize FPS (when the FPS is already good) is worth it. Eww.

- PR-0927

7. deathvirus

deathvirus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 MaxQ 8GB
    I might not be able to see more than 60 fps, but the game engine will indeed be running faster than that .. in games like cod4, going from 60 fps to 250 fps will make u fuber .. doesn't matter if i see it at 30 Hz ...

8. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680
    Says Darth Vader who likes to ride a nuke :)

9. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680
    Every thing affects the game. It´s not always you notice every small detail until you get the issue sorted out. Vsync/mouselag being an example.

The higher your fps the lower chances of tearing in my experience even if your monitor only has 60 hz.

10. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    offtopic but interestingly, even on DX9 and medium settings, with my new 480(previously 285) , i cant get a 70-60 fps..even sometimes drop to 20 FPS..something is terribly wrong somewhere..no AA no AF or what ever it is...

11. ravageuk

ravageuk Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 580 SLI
    Hmm, weird issue you have pal... i get around 63-69 solid FPS and thats with the game completely maxed @ 1980*1080 w/ AAx32 & AFx16.

However i did notice the default settings it applied before i changed them, everything Medium @ 1024 reso, which give me what looked like about 20 FPS.

Stupid question, but have you made sure your reso hasnt selected the lowest Hz? default on here for me was i think 26Hz which looked atrocious, but when changing Hz to i think it was 130 it looked a million times smoother lol.

PS: Anyone know how to fix the mouse issues? The mouse looks around fine, but i have issues when it comes to Fire/Alt Fire with it, just doesnt do anything (have already checked in mapped settings and all is fine).

12. ravageuk

ravageuk Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 580 SLI
    Rofl.
    To stop screen tearing you dont need that, you simply need a monitor with a higher hz, even if you got 70fps constant on a 100hz monitor, you SHOULDNT ever get screen tearing.

But why would anyone want to go and buy a brand new screen with higher hz just to stop abit of screen tearing?

13. smith10210

smith10210 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    Mine is similar ive seen as low as 10fps when in a tank zooming in. I see people state there always locked at 60FPS and never dip below is this offline? or maybe there running sli? I was playing with v-sync enabled and triple buffering for a while than started to play with it off and dont notice the tearing that much anymore you get used to it and my frame rate still dips low 20/30's sometimes but i see a performance hit using it.My max is well past 100fps sometimes but my minimal FPS is alot higher when not using v-sync this is when playing multilayer and probably do to my ****ty internet connection off-line i can get a steady 60fps with v-sync enabled.. I also notice the input lag when enabling v-sync now which i didn't notice before so i play with v-sync off because of that and the performance hit also.

14. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Hmm, let me check the HZ issue when iam at hom..i know i set it to 60 with my 285(and i was getting good FPS with it, dropped with my new 480 :( )

And @ smith10210,

even in SP, in the second level where u start to play in modern day u know..u cross a frozen lake and u encounter with a armored jeep or something like that...there my FPS is around 19-28-35..wtf man... even bloom is disabled -_-..maybe a reinstall? a fresh download from steam?

maybe it caches the SHADER or something like that somewhere and with new GPu it makes conflict or poor performance?..damn man..

15. Deathspank

Deathspank Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX570 1280mb
    mr big time if you want higher min frames you need to o/c your cpu to atleast 3.8ghz. i think you have a bottleneck there mate.

16. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    hmm..i think just at this game :/

17. Mr_Alexander

Mr_Alexander Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GYGABYTE 3080ti
    Yeah Biggy. I think your CPU is holding you back. Mine GTX 295 should be similar to your 480 performance wise. I play 1920x1080 everything on max with 4aa and I get between 70 to 115 FPS all the time. I do not think your video card is a problem but CPU.

18. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    its damn q9650 man :(...why it scks :(

19. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    because you cant overclock it. buy a new mobo man!

20. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    but...but... :(...why on EARTH i cant use my default clocks to game BC2? dont u think game is shtty coded? even GTA4 runs at 50-60 FPS but not BC2 even in SP :(..k buying isnt problem...but format reisnatll os etc etc..k lets pass it too..just why o why :(