Battlefield - Bad Company 2 #4

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Cybermancer, May 30, 2010.

1. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    Battlefield games have always been like this, if you want real join the army:

Sniper: 1 Head/2 Body
    Rifles: 2 Head/3 Body
    Assault/MG: 3 Head/4 Body
    SMG: 4 Head/5 Body
    Pistol: All of you bullets :p

Ever since 1942... by the way, if you could 1 shot with the M1/M14, players would be complaining about those, too. The reason the slug is "left in", is because the shotgun needs to be cycled to fire a second round, like the bolt action of the sniper rifles. Semi auto shotguns require two headshots, just the same as the semi auto rifles/sniper rifles.

2. tr4l1975

tr4l1975 Guest

GPU:
    sapphire RX480 8GB OC
    So, using common sense. Start shooting shoulder height(or chest for other than sniper) and let recoil get you a headshot.

3. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    Well, yeah. Generally, I just shoot them in the gut, but you are really best off actually aiming for the head, and the 4x ACOG can held with this. What was once a sustained burst in the gut quickly becomes a quick zap to the head.

4. tr4l1975

tr4l1975 Guest

GPU:
    sapphire RX480 8GB OC
    true. "spray and pray" was what I used to do.Now I'm trying to tke my aim more seriously.I've read that BC2 vietnam won't have scopes(era correct weapons) So now I'm using iron sights as much as possible, any tips on that?

5. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    heck I tend to just likin dumping 50 rounds in a target till I see i killed him

6. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    Practice with weapons that are hard to aim, such as G3, VSS, M14 and M1. The G3 and VSS don't settle very fast, so you can't put down a massive burst and hope your gun settles and the semis just provide a unique challenge.

You could also try NOT using the iron sights, and using the 4x ACOG scope. This will train you to not let people get so close, and when you finally go back to using iron sights, you have been trained to use the ACOG and your close range/snap shooting will improve.

7. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    red dot works good for me

8. tr4l1975

tr4l1975 Guest

GPU:
    sapphire RX480 8GB OC
    thanks ink. I will take that into consideration.

9. Renegade8100

Renegade8100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    what? no its based on the weapons damage. headshots are x2 bullet damage.

10. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    +1
    In deed.

Weapon type doesn't matter at all.

OP Might be right generally but it has nothing to do with weapon type.

11. MarkosDL

MarkosDL Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 6750XT Dual OC
    Hey guys. Since i patched the game ive nopticed something frustrating. I cant see my projectiles. What i mean is that when i was in a tank and fired either the main gun or its machin gun i couldnt see the bullets nor the tank shells. And same on the heli when i was a gunner. I couldnt see where i was firing. If it wasnt forthe xplosions and the hitmarkers i wouldnt know if i was actually firing at all. Anyone noticed something similar? I could see other peoples fire and they could see mine but i couldnt see my fire. I also got it confirmed from a friend who was playing with me. He had the same. I could see him firing but hesaid he couldnt see his own fire ( he was on the helo)

12. tr4l1975

tr4l1975 Guest

GPU:
    sapphire RX480 8GB OC
    it's a known issue. Been posted several times on the BC2 forums.DICE said they are "looking into it".

13. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    It's pretty simple. DICE did it on purpose.

-Everyone complains about the hitreg (nothing about their ability to aim)
    -DICE "improves" the hitreg
    -DICE removes the tracers so everyone can see their shots (not that it would make a difference, they are already as blind as a bat)
    -DICE waits to see if everyone complains more about the hitreg or the tracers

14. MarkosDL

MarkosDL Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 6750XT Dual OC
    i never really had any problem with the hitreg nor my aim. My 1.23 KD proves that ( not terrible i know but still better than most). And i loved it when in the tank i could actually see the shell flying off the cannon and landing. Made my liffe way easier in adjucting my shot than just waiting for the explosion. Much easier to shoot down a helo that way tooo lol

15. Renegade8100

Renegade8100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    yeah that pisses me off.

16. NobleKnight51

NobleKnight51 Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GT 512MB PCI-E
    Liking the game a lot, just picked it up about 2 weeks ago.

My biggest gripe is that the maps are a bit boring now. I have only played squad deathmatch and a bit of conquest, but from what I've seen in some replays, the maps that are used in Squad Deathmatch are bigger in games like rush. Either more maps, or using different areas on the map would be nice.

I'm not to sure about the issue your having Mark. I do have some issues with the 40mn gernade and rockets at close range. If i fire these weapons when an enemy is 5-10m away and hit them dead on, they die, but theres no explosion, no sound of impact, no charred ground, lol. That jut throws me off a little, but sometimes they dont even take any damage. Not sure what is happening with that.

17. YuKsS

YuKsS Guest

GPU:
    Asus gtx 1070 strix oc
    this piss me off.. is like a silent impact and most of the time just does not do ANYTHING, i mean does not kill the guys(s)

18. Covert

Covert Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD 5770 1000/1300
    i notice this also, its as if the 40mm doesnt detonate, maybe it takes a certain distance to detonate the 40mm and you actually are killing the soldier with the shell.

19. Mr_Alexander

Mr_Alexander Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GYGABYTE 3080ti
    Is it just me or the number of snipers doubled or even trippled after the patch? I usually play Squad Death Match and everyone is a sniper now. Did anybody else notice it?

20. YuKsS

YuKsS Guest

GPU:
    Asus gtx 1070 strix oc
    another thing is the accurate, is quiet better than before,, i mean i can kill easily now from large distance with few bullets..

Last edited: Nov 1, 2010