RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by japamd, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AndyMutz

AndyMutz Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3080 FTW3
    i just updated radeonpro from 1.0.10.3 to 1.0.10.4 and now i cannot start it anymore.
    it crashes immediately (crash report sent).
    where can i download version 1.0.13.3 again??

-andy-

2. spidermind79

spidermind79 Active Member

GPU:
    Pny 4090 XLR8
    Same problem of Andy here, report sent too.

3. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Exactly, MLAA will be applied over an already AA image.

Download the full installer and install over you current installation, that should fix it.

Same above.

4. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    Uninstall it first, then install the latest one again.
    I had the same thing happen with many versions.

5. AndyMutz

AndyMutz Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3080 FTW3
    thanks, it worked.

-andy-

6. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    you missed my post lol :/ :D

7. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    MLF (MLAA is technically the wrong term, as is Morphological Filtering, not "real" Anti-Aliasing) as it's implemented in the current AMD Catalyst drivers and later is (currently) limited to DirectX11 compatible cards to post-process the image with the MLF. Apparently, AMD is exploring a way to add support for DirectX10 cards in future drivers, however.

Yes, there will be a hit on performance. Note that MLF isn't anti-aliasing edges as well as traditional FSAA in most cases, so if you can run regular FSAA in the game, you usually won't require the use of MLF. But it's more of a personal choice. I sugest to test which combination works best for your game from a image quality/performance standpoint. Personally, I only use MLF for games where traditional FSAA doesn't work properly and MLF does. Although in The Force Unleashed II, I use both, as FSAA seems to work well in areas where MLF doesn't work so well and vice versa and both combined look best. I do have a very powerful video card and PC in general, however. If regular FSAA gives you too much of a performance hit in your game, you should certainly try to turn it off and only apply MLF and see how it is, as MLF should cause a minimal performance hit compared to FSAA algorithms.
    With games that use small text, MLF can also "anti-alias" parts of the letters away as it "anti-aliases" the whole image (just like Narrow-Tent and Wide-Tent anti-aliasing do). So it's really a matter of preference.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2010
  8. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Yeah, there's a DLL (Localization.dll) that never get updated until now, that DLL is used by the module that does the file replacements, as it's being used it can't be updated. I've added a note to the readme.txt so people using the Auto-updater can have a chance to understand that they need to use the full installer to update this time. I'll fix this in a future build.

I think it doesn't work with HD 4000 cards, but Catalystmaker posted that they will be supported in the future.

Please read the thread, a few posts before yours I've instructed MerolaC how to get the driver caps bits.

Cool, thanks.

9. Cave Waverider

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    If you do implement it this way, it would be cool if you could also include an option for "Borderless Window Mode", so one can run games at the full resolution of the monitor yet be able to use this windowed mode. :)

10. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    But it will be useless that way because the game is fullscreen (with only a thin border around it and a small space on top - the titlebar space), you can't move it or do anything.

11. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Lets reduce everything to this: :banana::banana::banana:

Hahaha. Worked at first!! Thank you Jap!!! :D

12. Cave Waverider

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Oh, I see. I had the misconception that it would be completely full screen without any borders (some games have options for "fake full screen mode" or "borderless window mode" which give a borderless window and at the desktop resolution if you choose to display the game in the same resolution look like full screen but are actually windowed, so you can work or run other windowed applications on top of it instead of minimizing the game. That would have been useful. :)

Last edited: Oct 30, 2010
  13. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nah japamd i started up hw32 and i see no caps info in any of the boxes.
    i looked a few posts up and didnt see anything i could be blind lol

14. zeroeden

zeroeden Member

GPU:
    HD5850 / XFX Black ed.
    Everything is working as expected over here and to tell you the truth i am loving the vsync enforcement notification alredy had it pop up one time and it works again just as expected... anyway thanks for your hard work japamd your tool just keeps getting better:):)

15. DarthElvis

DarthElvis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte gtx980 g1
    just to let you know, it might be an anomaly with my system, but the latest RC1 had the MLAA and SurfaceFormatReplacements boxes grayed out as well. I just went into CCC (I previously modded the inf files for Cat 10.10c) and enabled and disabled them there. After that, the boxes in RPro were selectable and working. Might save someone some digging around in the registry.

Like I said though, it might be an anomaly on my end so YMMV.

16. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Cool, thanks for your feedback.

The reason is that you already had modded the inf before its installation, but RadeonPro expects a clean/untouched install.

17. DarthElvis

DarthElvis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte gtx980 g1
    Interesting, good to know I won't have to go through the inf dance in the future. Btw, RC1 is working flawlessly here. Good job. Again.

18. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Don't worry, that's something I wasn't aware because I just uninstalled the old modded driver and cleaned my registry, then installed the untouched 10.10c, this is what I used to make it work. Next builds will make more checks thus making the program compatible with already modded drivers as well :)

19. Cave Waverider

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    By the way, while I didn't install the 10.10c drivers with a modified .inf, I already had the features enabled via registry keys and RadeonPro didn't grey them out on a clean RadeonPro 1.0.10.4 install and they work properly.

20. keenan

keenan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti Hydro Copper
    Hi, great little app, just installed it and already I cant see myself without it...

One thing tho, how on earth do you add games to the jump list function?

I pinned it to the start menu, but the jump list only has options for:

* Add new profile
    * New profile wizard

* Enable monitoring
    * Disable monitoring

I've tried adding them to favorites, but no luck.

Any advice?

Thanks
    Jacques

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.