Afterburner 2.1.0 Beta 1 (2010-10-11)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Try to somehow use search and avoid enabling unofficial overclocking mode when using CF with ULPS enabled. ;) I tend to remove unofficial overclocking at all, that's not something supported by AMD and MSI and it gives nothing but endless questions from CF owners who enable it without any understanding what to expect, and MSI cards have increased Overdrive clock range anyway.

2. Bullu$

Bullu$ Master Guru

GPU:
    R290X CFX@1050/1350
    thanks :) Will there also be a msi unlocked 6850/6870 bios same as unlocked 5850/5870?
    That would be great...

3. TFL Replica

TFL Replica Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    I've manually copied rtvcvfw32.dll to SysWOW64 (as well as System32) folder and merged the included rtvcvfw32.reg file but windows media player still refuses to play RTV1/RTV2 videos and directs me to C00D11B1.

4. Unwinder

32-bit codecs can be used by 32-bit player applications only.

5. TFL Replica

TFL Replica Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    I was so sure that WMP is 32-bit. It even shows as wmplayer.exe *32 in the task manager process tab. Oh well. I've also tried VLC, MPC-HC and Mplayer (these are 32 bit too) but they all only use their own codecs and copying rtvcvfw32.dll into their plugin folder didn't work either.

6. Unwinder

Then you didn't register the codec in the system properly, there are no other choices.

7. TFL Replica

TFL Replica Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    I checked my registry and the keys/values are properly merged (in drivers.desc for example, I can see the RivaTuner codec right next to fraps and xfire codecs). I also triple checked the dll and rtvcvfw32.dll has also been properly copied into System32 and SysWOW64 inside the windows directory. Has this been tested on Windows 7 x64?

8. Unwinder

It was developed on W7 x64. Most likely you're copying the files in wrong folders (roaming ones) due to UAC and file system redirection.

9. TFL Replica

TFL Replica Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    It's definitely in C:\Windows\SysWOW64. I even booted a live Linux distro and entered my Windows 7 partition from there. I'm going to try installing the codec on XP since I'm having no luck on 7.

Update: On windows XP, WMP only plays one of the two RTV formats. I'm going to capture two videos with identical settings apart from codec and be sure to label them RTV1/RTV2 so I can find out which one it is.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2010
  10. Surfa

Surfa Member Guru

GPU:
    ATi Sapphire HD5870
    Don't remove unofficial overclocking, if you do then I'd have to find a different program to use.

*Darth Vader voice* NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Unwinder

A few more news about progress in video capture feature development:

I've managed to improve MJPG compression performance with 2x-2.5x ratio due to SSE2 optimized JPEG compression library usage. Now it is as fast as RTV2 compression while giving much better compression ratio. So RTV2 format is now deprecated and will not be included in the final build. RTV1 is still roughly 2x faster as MJPG so it still will be better choice for the systems with slow signle core or dual core CPUs.

12. elbubi

elbubi Member Guru

GPU:
    MSi RTX 3070Ti
    Thanks for the good work Unwinder ;)

13. Mda400

Mda400 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti 3GHz/24GHz
    He ment not using the setting to his own preference. Not take it out of the Afterburner INI completely :rolleyes:

14. Unwinder

My bad, Tom. Totally missed this posting. Please don't waste your time on translation video capture related GUI thing until we stabilize this feature. The GUI is still being actively changed (it will change again in beta 3, which I'm preparing now), the same applies to the context help. So I wouldn't like to force you to do extra work.

15. civato

civato Guest

GPU:
    2xGTX570 sli on H2O EK
    No problem , thanks for letting me know. I look forward to the final.
    You can count on me.

Cheers m8.