RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by japamd, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    All of those are present and correct with mine albeit my key is 8C574F3D etc.

I suspect that MLAA would work if the RP profiles worked. Will try uninstalling and deleting the data then reinstalling and importing my profile backup.

2. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Click the ATI Radeon logo on bottom of window, that will show some information about the system, including the video key of main display adapter. While in the list, right click the item and choose copy.

3. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I've got RP working now.

I did what I said... I uninstalled RP and chose 'No' to remove all the data and profiles then reinstalled and finally imported the profile backup I'd made. MLAA was working in Blade Kitten (blurry Afterburner logo) and MSAA was working in Dead Space too (via the Darksiders AA profile I'd created).

So it looks like you have to do a complete reinstall including removing ALL previous data in order for the new build to work properly.

Thanks japamd. Looking forward to getting the final build and being able to use the Verde skin (the default one now looks comparatively bland now).

4. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Well, the feature itself it's not a fps limiter, it's just a D3D option that wait for 2 vertical synchronization events before presenting the framebuffer to screen. I'm sorry if it's not working as you expected, at moment there's nothing I can do.

Please read one of my previous posts and check you registry to see if the keys are present or not.

Yes, the global profile must be updated as MLF key is new and was not present on your system before.

You're right, high DPI settings must be fixed, I did a long time ago but didn't updated since.

Great to know it's not crashing, please try the other skins you are used to and let me know if everything is working as expected.

Thanks.

Did you tried a system restart? Looks like AppProfiles is not loading correctly.

I've explained how it works above. I don't know why they are stuttering, I have tested a few DX9 games and they're working fine with double vsync.

You must have SurfaceFormatReplacements_NA=0 in Video\{ID}\0000 and SurfaceFormatReplacements_DEF and SurfaceFormatReplacements in Video\{ID}\0000\UMD to be able to change that option.

Pop-up tips are using the default control, only options are changed. I'll change that later.

AA off is not ready yet. You can set it now only using the Wizard, or edit the profile xml file and add "_ForceAAOff" = "1". Right-click the item on list, keep Shift pressed and choose "Open location" on context-menu. That will open the xml file instead of program directory.

5. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    I can't get it to work. I have the required key here

System\ControlSet001\Control\Video\{07451A5B-7E11-4301-89CD-E4D17ECB7AB7}\0000 and UMD

Restarted, reinstalling. Nothing worked :(
    Any ideas?

Thank you!

6. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Yup, RP is definitely working now.

One minor glitch though seems to be that I'm seeing the API logo despite having the option disabled under Settings. Doesn't matter whether that option is checked or unchecked, I still see the logo. Never saw it with v1.0.10.3 as I always had it turned off.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2010
  7. Jakshi

Jakshi Member Guru

GPU:
    PoV GTX680@1300/3700
    Anyone notice u can force AA in STALKER SOC? It looks awesome!
    But BTT. Thank your mr. john for your answer but I must say in every dx9 game I tested it was really very stuttery, especially in Assassins Creed II, but the dx10 and dx11 games run smooth as butter.

8. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    I have all those registry keys set to "0"
    I do have "Surface Format Optimization" option in the game profiles and it's working but in global it is grayed out. Which is strange because in CCC it is a global setting.

Great. Thanks for the info.

9. upurz2

upurz2 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7970 3GB OC Ed
    Verde is still crashing on me John.

10. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Can you uninstall, clean the registry and then install just the 10.10c hotfix? I know, it's not funny at all, but I can't see any other option now.

Hmmm, it's not a bug, starting at this build the API logo can be set per profile, and the default is show the API logo. I'll fix that.

That's the weird part, technically the code is the same for all DX versions, so they would work the same besides the API used, but as you can see, it doesn't.

It should be selectable in global profile too. Can you select it while in profile view?

Sorry, skins are broken until I upload the updated versions. I forgot this when I told you to try Verde skin.

11. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    Yes I can. Images attached.
    Also for some reason some global changes are not being saved for me.
    In global, under Texture Filtering Quality I move the slider to "Performance", click save.
    Click on profile then back to global and the slider is back to "Quality"
    Maybe I need to reinstall everything. :-~

12. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    No :( It still doesn't work.

I clean installed everything. Checked if i had the Reg Keys and created them. Installed RPro. It asked if i want to enable those new features. It enabled them and checked if they are still grayed out and yes, they are. So I thought "I guess i have to restart" so restarted and nope, no dice. The features are now in CCC.
    But in RP i still can't enable them.

13. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    That's weird. When you change Texture filtering quality in global settings and save settings, can you see [Texture Filtering Quality=Performance] on settings string at bottom of window?

I've updated the preview, please try this new one

14. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Thank you
    But, can't download it. 404 Error.

15. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz

16. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
  17. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Mmm, defined?
    I have them here.

Only on UDM i think they weren't so i added them manually.

18. Jakshi

Jakshi Member Guru

GPU:
    PoV GTX680@1300/3700
    I wondered if it would be possible to write a script for fps limiter because it uses only batch files. But I'm not into this sort of things and would need some help ;)

19. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Nope, it still doesn't work :(

The options are grayed out but i can enable them on CCC.

I give up till the final build. I will use it as it is.

Thank you jap!

20. Jakshi

Jakshi Member Guru

GPU:
    PoV GTX680@1300/3700
    Ok spent a lotta time with testing the new functions. Everything is working for me. And just for your info MR. John, the double vsync function is working 100% in dx11 and dx10 apps. But for dx9 apps I would say 90% do not work as they should. They sutter really a lot and maybe there's a different approach of vsync in the dx9 api. Maybe you could take a look at that and otpimise the function for dx9 games and make a new option. Of course without taking away the available option, because as I said its working beautifully in dx10 and 11.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.