!!!new!!! Drivers 261.00 developer download rc2 toolkit Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by yosef019, Oct 28, 2010.

?

How this Drivers?

1. beter than 260.99

30 vote(s)
    23.4%
  2. worse than 260.99

15 vote(s)
    11.7%
  3. beter than 258.96

5 vote(s)
    3.9%
  4. worse than 258.96

12 vote(s)
    9.4%
  5. same as previous

17 vote(s)
    13.3%
  6. I dont use developer driver

67 vote(s)
    52.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. DON666

DON666 Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX470 PE 2GB/OC
    The download link (at least for Vista/7 x64) is down... :bang:

2. Wolfseven

Wolfseven Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI NGTX580 1.2gb
    yep clean install with the uninstaller package then cleansweeper, then regcleaner then install. I 'm begiing to wonder if its the Zotac GTX card?
    But the 258.96 driver I have no issues.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2010
  3. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    dont bother with it, they're crap anyway,... 260.xx have some odd slowdowns every few sec in certain games, i noticed it in L4D2 and TF2 from 80-90fps to ~60fps and back,.. 258.96 aren't affected, im gonna try those new 259quadros to see how they do, i bet its gonna be allot better than this mess.

4. AmigaWolf

AmigaWolf Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    You are not running SLI, ant thats why you have no stutters in movies, i have
    SLI and i get stutters in movies, when i disable SLI i have no stutters in Movies.

Can someone help me with something, i get sometimes when i start windows:
    Mean Display is not accelerated by SLi, how can i make it so it will run
    accelerated SLI on my mean display?

I am ruing in SLI, so why is he saying that my mean display is not?

5. WacKEDmaN

WacKEDmaN Guest

i find it funny that the same people are making almost the same comments across multiple drivers, be it whql, beta, quadro, developer, and even tesla variants....

these people need to stop bitchin constantly and get someone who knows what they are doing to look at their pc's and fix any problems..

ive been a pc technician since the days of the first Pentium, and ive never seen the constant driver issues that these people are commin up with, on a properly configured (hardware and software) computer...

for the record, these drivers are great, no issues whatsoever, they are the same speed as the latest whql, AND they fix the 4D Quaternion Julia Set demo in GPU Caps Viewer, which the whql's broke (again)

6. chinobino

chinobino Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3060Ti Gaming X
    It just means you need to go into the Nvidia control panel and there will be an option to make your SLI focus display your main display - I get this message too occasionally.

7. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
    ooops , you're bascially telling everyone that has problems with a certain set of drivers and want it fixed that it's their fault!. I have frameskipping with every driver released thus far for the gtx 260 related to oblivion/fallout 3 and vegas. Is this my fault? , my pc?. Do you know that scaling is broken in the nvidia drivers ?

Even though nvidia have reproduced this framskipping issue one of their Q&A pc's is it still my fault?

Grey area :puke2:

8. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    like me? :p

well its how it is, otherwise i wouldn't bother posting in the first place. And when i post i also test that driver, so if something isn't fixed i wont be quiet about it, like drit2 issue or these odd slowdowns in some games..and broken hw supported in some programs like Ashampoo burning studio, its present ever since 260.xx it warns me that's its running sw mode, usually happens after i finish burning a dvd and if i maximize the main window.

and pardon me, my rig is perfectly fine and i know what to tweak and what not,..

edit:
    +1 what PirateNeil said

9. WacKEDmaN

WacKEDmaN Guest

yeah yeah...it wasnt directed at everyone..but i didnt want to single anyone out either...
    but yeah..its all your fault!...you purchaced oblivion and the fallouts... i dont have any frameskipping issues...coz i dont play em! :p

i know the drivers have a couple of issues atm.. i think alot of it has to do with fermi...anyone on pre-fermi hardware should really be using pre-r256 drivers...as they aint gettin any benifits (no performace upgrades and whats looking like a loss in compatability)..but hey..we all need our latest game fixes

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2010
  10. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Anyone hosting this drivers (mediafire etc...) , download link its broken :(

11. allup

allup Master Guru

GPU:
    2 X SLi 2070 Super
    Besides all the off topic flaming. :deadhorse:

I am real interested about this 580 deal?

Damn and i getting 2 Gigabyte 460OC 1gig's delivered today. :bang:
    Well i will try this driver when UPS gets here.. Hope the package don't blow up?? :3eyes: Will post back before and afters, maybe.

Maybe i will get lucky and Lucky-Charms will stick 580's in my 460 box's

12. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    WacKEDmaN, PC's will always have issues, its the nature of the beast.

People always love to come on and say others are only having problems because they don't know how to look after their PC, but that sort of issue sounds more like comments of someone who knows nothing about PC's than someone who does.

If someone only plays one game, and a driver breaks that one game, but nothing else, then that driver is the worst thing they could use, and no matter how amazing it is with the other 10,000 games, it will be a sucky broken driver in their minds.

Me personally, i've only have only had 2 issues in 12months, one was the res bit depth changing to 16bit, and sticking that way if your changed the refresh rate even once, and the other was flickering in SFIV.

13. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    NEW LINK FOR 7 64bit be shortly

14. Grahf

Grahf Guest

GPU:
    MSI N580GTX Lightning
    XP 32 bit = file not found

15. AmigaWolf

AmigaWolf Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    I cannot change SLI focus display in Nvidia control panel.

And if so how?

And i know enough of computers to know if it's a driver problem or it is my
    own problem, that i am doing something wrong.

I make my own computers and also for other people, so i know what i am
    doing, So don't talk like you know everything, it's a know fact that a lot of
    people has more problems with the 260 drivers than they have with 258
    drivers, and all my problems are gone with Geforce 258.96 WHQL (only not
    the benefits of extra speeds in Games), so i know almost 100% sure it's not
    my fault.

+2 what PirateNeil said

16. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    Ok here's a link to the Win7/Vista 64-bit version.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ECQ0K04S

This driver gave me an increase of 600 GPU points in Vantage vs WHQL 160.99. You will have to download and install the latest physx drivers seperately from nvidia's driver page though coz 161.00 only includes GPU driver and Stereoscopic driver.

17. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    160.99 161.00 lol
    mediafire 7 64 bit link
    http://www.mediafire.com/?h22269le0b8i12t

18. bokah

bokah Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 670GTX 2G
    not for me these drivers, same as all 260+

19. WacKEDmaN

WacKEDmaN Guest

never a truer bit of info anywhere on this forum!! :banana::biggun:

just s**ts me that some people seem to find any little thing they can to bitch about over 100 posts/threads..how about some postive posts? :bang:
    [/rant mode off]

back OT..did i mention these drivers rock for me..iracing (+softth2.0), f1 2010,MoH LE, Asteroid Tech Demo, all rocksolid at 1080p, max ingame settings, no probs with nv control panel, and previous physx install worked fine this time!

20. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    o rly?? lol

how about this; 258.96whql are perfect in all games, i have 30 installed and now this quadro 259.81 too by the looks of it, i didnt test enough but for starters they're really promising and i do care if one set breaks at least 2-3 games,.. im not playing only one game at the time but several, have some older ones to finish lol like deadspace..
    and why should i post look 5 games are ok, that doesnt mean $hit if it breaks at least other 3..

and Redemption if that was somewhat intended for me, speak for yourself and don't put words in others peoples mouths, i see you're doing that allot..