RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by japamd, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andypandy1991

Andypandy1991 Master Guru

GPU:
    3 x gtx 580's PNY
    @mmsandi :p ok i will check what i can do:)
    Thnx

The fan of the i7 980 is quite big!
    Isnt that enough?
    Also the guys where i buy the pc parts are stupid and if anything happens to my cpu and its overclocked the guarantee will go to waste:(

2. Jakshi

Jakshi Member Guru

GPU:
    PoV GTX680@1300/3700
    Hey there!
    First of all, thank you for this wonderful programm. The features are a dream come true and I would've never imagined to have these as an ATI user ;) .

Second I'd like to say that I'm a bit unhappy with the double vsync option(limit fps to the half of your refresh rate). Its working in all my games but not really as it should. It limits the fps to 30 but the games are very choppy. As if the FPS are not limited like in the "traditional" way but like a frame skip function of an emulator. As I said my games get very, very choppy and stutter like hell, and thats not the "microstutter" type of it. I'm used to 30fps in games because a play a lot on my consoles and it's not near their smoothness. Only Metro 2033 is buttersmooth in DX11 with double vsync.

3. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Updates
    -------
    10/29/2010 - New build 1.0.10.4

- Fixed: working directory is now used when Play is selected from profiles list context menu
    - Fixed: screenshot function not working on some games (e.g. HAWX DX10, HAWX DX11, World of Warcraft DX11)
    - Fixed: character textures do not load in World of Warcraft when using DX11
    - Fixed: Global profile settings inherited by profiles don't get applied at game startup
    - New: RadeonPro automatically activate MLAA and new features presented by Catalyst 10.10a/10.10c when the driver is detected at program's startup time
    - New: Support for Morphological Filtering (MLAA) and other Catalyst 10.10a/c features (HD 5000/HD 6000 only)
    - New: AMD Radeon logo can be displayed on D3D games (single and multi GPU)
    - New: RadeonPro now watches for forced vsync option, if the profile enforces vsync always on and frame rate goes over the refresh rate, the program will give the user an option to try another API detection method the next time the profile is used
    - Changed: Driver compatibility DLL files are always copied when selected
    - Enhanced: The New Profile Wizard now shows only relevant options depending on video card (no more SuperSampling settings on HD 4000 series cards, for example)
    -- Skins updates
    --- ATI Ruby (both)
    ---- Fixed: list drawing bugs

I have uploaded a preview here, please try it and let me know if it's starting fine (some people had issues while starting the last preview, that's why I'm asking)

The final build will be released soon.

4. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Awesome!!!!! :D

Thank you!

Edit:

The Morphological AA and Surface Optimizations options are grayed out... what could it be?

Last edited: Oct 30, 2010

5. Jakshi

Jakshi Member Guru

GPU:
    PoV GTX680@1300/3700
    The new version is working, but I had to save the global profile again otherwise it wouldn't deactivate MLAA after a game was closed.

But still the double vsync feature is, I think, not working as it should. WOuld it be possible to put a fps limiter into RadeonPro?

@MerolaC: You still have to mod the driver to use the new features. But u dont have to use CCC anymore afterwards ;)

6. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT

Thanks, but i Know. I have the Driver modded. And I think that is the problem.

7. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Thanks for the preview, japamd.

I uninstalled v1.0.10.3 but kept the data and profiles then installed this preview build. I can see the new options and even select them but they don't appear to be working. Verified this with Mafia II. If I check the new AMD icon and MLAA in the RP profile then neither work/appear. If I force MLAA in the CCC then it does work in Mafia II as Afterburner's OSD text is blurry. It does not work though if I force MLAA in RP's Global settings which is weird. So it doesn't appear to be working for me here. :(

Also, as Jakshi said, the double v-sync feature works in that it caps the framerate to 30 fps but for some reason it doesn't work like the FPS_Limiter as I can use the latter to cap the framerate in Star Wars: TFU2 then force v-sync to prevent tearing and allow smooth playback of videos and audio. However, with double v-sync the videos jerk and audio is glitchy even though the framerate shows as 30 fps. Are these things supposed to do exactly the same thing?

8. Jakshi

Jakshi Member Guru

GPU:
    PoV GTX680@1300/3700
    @MerolaC: Dunno why it could be, but are u sure u first checked the AA box in the top left of the Visual tab? I mean where u can choose Application Controlled, 2x, 4x and 8x.

SWTFU II won't start for me with FPS Limiter...the process is visible in task manager and cpu usage goes to 99% but it won't start.

9. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Normal AA is set to Application Controlled and I checked the MLAA (called MLF here for some reason) box, basically the same settings I was using with the CCC. Whereas MLAA works when forced through the CCC it doesn't when forced through an RP profile.

10. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Works fine for me although I can only run the shortcut from the FPS_Limiter folder otherwise a windows pops up for a splitsecond, disappears then nothing else happens.

11. upurz2

upurz2 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7970 3GB OC Ed
    John:

I think your handling of large DPI needs a tweak or two. I run at 120DPI and alot of text is cutoff, usually the bottom part and the right part.

Also in the Classic skin can you make the vertical bar between the profiles and options resizable? This way all the options can be visible at one time without having to scroll left/right.

Btw... no crashes with Classic. Haven't tried going back to Verde. Will try soon.

12. Jakshi

Jakshi Member Guru

GPU:
    PoV GTX680@1300/3700
    I think I will just return SWTFU II, everything about this game sucks except graphics. I can't play the damn game with vsync and working cutscenes...I can't believe this ****...really.

EDIT: Lol OK... its working now...dunno why, maybe because I had ATT also active. I closed it and FPS Limiter is doing the JOB just fine!

@Darren Hodgson: U can create a shotcut to the .bat file. Right click and choose Send To desktop, create shortcut. U can then place the shortcut wherever u want and even change the icon.

13. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    You can return games?

14. Jakshi

Jakshi Member Guru

GPU:
    PoV GTX680@1300/3700
    Dunno if u still can, but i returned once a game after I said: My pc meets the minimum requirements but the game still won't run on it.

15. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    if you have to rma the cpu, i doubt they will be able to notice any overclock (i mean, broken cpu = not working PC so they cant check how it was OCed xD) xD.

Checking temps nothing should happen... Altho you better make a new post (we are spoling japamds one :p). Or just wait 2years. Your pc its more than enough today.

16. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Just what I want. Thanks. :D

17. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    The following are pre-requisites for MLAA be selectable:

1- Must be series 5 or newer
    2- Must have keys MLF_DEF and MLF inside inside UMD registry
    3- Must have key MLF_NA=0 inside video registry

Where video registry is something like HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\{26B270C1-1019-4ADA-9C2C-01D07C81E45A}\0000

And UMD is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\{26B270C1-1019-4ADA-9C2C-01D07C81E45A}\0000\UMD

Maybe the way the driver has been mod'ed is why the option is not selectable for some people.

I've tried the 10.10c untouched and it worked fine.

18. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    @japamd - Turns out the reason MLAA and the AMD aren't working is because NONE of my RP profiles are. Just tried a number of other games where I've forced AA such as Darksiders and Dead Space (using the Darksiders AA profile) and no AA is applied at all. Seems like the profiles are broken for me with this build but they were definitely working in v1.0.10.3.

19. Jakshi

Jakshi Member Guru

GPU:
    PoV GTX680@1300/3700
    Same here, I had to "resave" my profiles, even the global one as I already mentioned. Also Mr. John I would like to ask why my dx9 games are so stuttery with double vsync enabled?

20. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    "Surface Format Optimization" cannot be enabled in the default profile?
    Also popup tips are for the old filtering quality settings.
    P.S. "AA Off" feature, didn't you say you made it work?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.