GeForce ForceWare 260.99 WHQL Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by chinobino, Oct 25, 2010.

?

Performance rating for 260.99 WHQL

1. Better than 260.89 WHQL?

128 vote(s)
    59.3%
  2. Worse than 260.89 WHQL?

25 vote(s)
    11.6%
  3. Same performance?

60 vote(s)
    27.8%
  4. Fails to install? (BSOD etc)

3 vote(s)
    1.4%
  1. Barton C++

Barton C++ Guest

GPU:
    MSI Hawk GTX460 1GB @ SLI
    it has nothing to do with SLI hack...I can get the old files off the system info by uninstalling nvidia drivers until Win 7 puts the WDDM 1.1 and installing 260.99 over them. I dont think the "R" files are used, in that case they would be MISSING on your rig...but, why do nvidia installer first RENAME them to "R", and NOT delete them ? ....:bang: :biggun: :banana:

ps I never use driver cleaners...unless the install get completeely *** up and I risk installing Windows again

2. RockMarc

RockMarc Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 275
    I noticed weird flickering of the hole screen (hole screen becomes black for millisecs) during MoH Multiplayer...

Anybody else?

3. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    That is no "mix" - R stands for restore. U uninstall current driver, reboot, win restores the "R" ones...

Uninstall before updating and you've no R or the same as new install.

4. VinnieM

VinnieM Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 1100/1600
    That's not correct. The "R"-files are resource files and only installed with an international version of the driver. So, the "R" files are the "leftovers" of the last installed international version. They only get replaced if you install an international version again.
    They don't cause any harm because they aren't used with the new driver (and they only contain translations into a specific languange anyways).

5. archie123

archie123 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    YES and the same in BC2 which im assuming is because its the same engine :p had this problem with the 260's in beta went away with 260.89 whql back again with this new .99 set

6. divedog

divedog Member

GPU:
    GTX480 water cooled
    4 the guy that was asking 480gtx temp under load is 40C EVGA factory water cooler. I seem to have fixed the 4:3 problem, not sure what I did. The scaling option in the Nvidia control panel doesn't seem to work when I click apply it simply goes back to default. Anyhow it looks good for now.

7. divedog

divedog Member

GPU:
    GTX480 water cooled
    Sorry double post. My bad

Last edited: Oct 28, 2010
  8. Mr_Alexander

Mr_Alexander Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GYGABYTE 3080ti
    Get the same during BC2 MP. Happens no matter which driver installed.

9. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    thats strange. our systems are somewhat similar and i have never had any graphical glitchs in BC2 with any driver since the game was released.

10. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    driver works with no flaws here.

11. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    I'm getting some decent Metro 2033 numbers in addition to the boost in IQ and performance in Fallout NV. For me at least, this driver has had the biggest impact to date.

12. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    Good, gonna install it right now.

13. guderiancol

guderiancol Member

GPU:
    EVGA 295 gtx
    bad for opengl games, cod4 and rtcw. Performance drops to half... the magic 121 fps still. Never happened with 197`s. Those games run very well (rtcw online runs at 333-500+ fps) and cod4 full settings 256+ fps with older 197.s. Something is wrong with 258`s and 260s here, with a 295 gtx and windows xp sp3. any ideas...?

14. AmigaWolf

AmigaWolf Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    Drivers works ****ty, i get Driver stop working some times, and for people that
    has Stutters in movies, if you disable SLI the stutter are gone, at least for me.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2010
  15. AlvinMaker

AlvinMaker Member Guru

GPU:
    2XEVGA GTX480 SC
    No problems here, so far...

AVP, Fallout NV, Doom 3, FC2, JC2 and Metro 2033, and Mafia II working great. Some numbers up a bit- nothing to write home about over last set, but at least as good, if not slightly faster.

(Only caveat is 3D not being included.)

16. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    anyone else who tested this on F1 2010?

17. p0ppa

p0ppa Guest

GPU:
    Strix 3080 OC
    those drivers are not meant for 200series videocards
    revert to 197s

18. texasrattler

texasrattler Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670 2GB FTW
    any 2xx driver can work with a 200 series card unless noted in the release notes(example made enhancements for 400 series only). Now whether the driver is any good for your system is another story. It's all about trail and error. Don't rely on someone else when the results can and usually are different.

19. texasrattler

texasrattler Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670 2GB FTW
    Yep. Sometimes I noticed some weird colors on the screen. Not sure why.
    With dx11 I seem to notice all kinds of different problems, biggest being either ctd or freezing. When I switch to dx9 game is ok but feels like it does in SP, meaning that it's lags/hangs a little. Not as smooth.
    I just can't tell if it's the game or the drivers. I'm tryin different tests but every time I get close to figuring it out either problem reoccurs or a new problem comes up and im back at square one lol.

20. Vade

Vade New Member

GPU:
    HD6850 1GB
    It seems strange, but I think this driver set reduces my card temperature by 2 celcious derees :| .