RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by japamd, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Good news. I've just made a few changes and now RadeonPro can activate MLAA and other new features when a proper driver with support to new features is installed. Tested with Catalyst 10.10c. That will make life easier for those who are not proficient with windows registry.

New build will be released today.

Edit: for those who cannot wait, I've uploaded a preview build here.

Please do not use skins with this preview build. A few items may be missing or not working properly as they'll still be updated before release, later today.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
  2. Phyxion

Phyxion Banned

GPU:
    ASUS EAH5770 1G VT
    I don't have anything else installed with fps counter, also the fps doesn't work good, it displays only between 0 and 9.

3. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    :banana:
    This is for me. Can't wait :p :D

Thank you!

Edit:

It won't start in any shape/form/way.
    The service is on, but when i start RadeonPro.exe the process closes right away.

I've tried, restarting Windows and reinstalling it again. No deal. :(

4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Fantastic news, japamd. Thank you very much. :banana:

One thought though, since the MLAA hack is not supported officially by ATI at the moment and requires us to tweak registry entries to enable it, would it be possible to include this as a setting within RadeonPro itself?

For example, you could add an option to the Settings menu to Enable HD 68xx Card Tweaks where checking it enables it and unchecking it disables it.

Is that possible? It would make it a lot easier for when we have to update drivers as these options are not enabled by default. If you contact Kasper93 he has a working registry tweak (which I used with the 10.10c Hotfix drivers) to enable MLAA, etc.

5. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I couldn't resist a sneak preview of the new build of RP so I installed it a few minutes ago.

While I understand that it is not finished yet, I could see the new options in the menus with the default classic skin but despite enabling MLAA and the new AMD icon for FUEL neither worked. In fact, I still got the old ATI CFX icon despite unchecking it in the profile. I'll wait until the final build is released before trying again though.

Finally, I know you said not to use them but I temporarily tried the updated AtiRuby.dll skin and it finally works without appearing black or corrupting so that's great news. Thanks. It crashes RP though so I've reverted back to the classic skin for now.

Look forward to trying the full version later on with the Verde skin.

6. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Same here. I get a "RadeonPro has stopped working" window immediately whenever I start up the new 1.0.10.4 Preview version.

7. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    @Cave Waverider - Make sure that you have either deleted the RadeonPro Skins folder or its contents before running RP. I only get crashes if I use any skin other than the default (I only tried them though as japamd has already explained that they are not working in this preview build).

8. Cave Waverider

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    I did a clean install of RadeonPro, meaning I've removed all files related to RadeonPro (including the stuff in the AppData folder) and cleaned out the registry with CCleaner. So that's not it. And I'm also only using the default skin.

9. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    @Cave Waverider - Well I installed over the top of the previous RP version (v1.0.10.3) so, daft as it may sound, have you tried first installing that version then the new one?

10. Cave Waverider

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Yes, I've tried that as well with the same result.

11. zeroeden

zeroeden Member

GPU:
    HD5850 / XFX Black ed.
    i dont think there is a technical reason why mlaa would not work together with triple buffering as far as i know this would not make any sense at all since if it were indeed true you would have serious trouble enabling quad buffering which is a common method used for Stereo 3D which AMD featured as part of the new feature set for the HD 6000 series therefore i think that people experiencing this problem is due to glitch and not a feature limitation.

@ Cave Waverider

just to be sure have you actually tried rolling back to the previous version and see if it still works as it should? if you did and it worked i would advice you to wait till the final version is released

12. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
  13. zeroeden

zeroeden Member

GPU:
    HD5850 / XFX Black ed.
    thanks for the fast update japamd:)
    just a question... is this version still a preview?

14. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    It's still the preview build with a bug fixed.

15. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tryed it mate doesnt work, full uninstall and new install the program starts up but when you go to select it in the taskmanager it vanishes.

16. Cave Waverider

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Same here with 1.0.10.4 Preview 2. I don't get the "has stopped working" that I got in Preview 1 anymore, it starts up, the icon appears in the system tray, but vanishes again when I move my mouse over it and RadeonPro unloads from memory (RedeonProSupport.exe is still loaded, however).

Yes, I reinstalled RadeonPro 1.0.10.3 and it works as well as it worked before. It's just the first two 1.0.10.4 preview versions that have been crashing (first on startup, second when hovering the mouse over the tray icon or looking at the .exe process manager).

17. chanw4

chanw4 Guest

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    The preview 2 works but how can you disable the AMD logo?

18. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Epic fail for me then... lol

I have removed the preview from the server, please wait for the finished build.

Sorry.

19. Cave Waverider

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    No worries. That's why we test your versions, to make sure you can iron out bugs for release. ;)
    Let us know when the next preview version is available so I can test if it works.

I certainly hope there is a way to turn it off. Such things are nice for demos and such, but when you play an actual game, it's just irritating. :)

Oh, by the way, a new Driver compatibility archive is available here. It includes driver compatibility files for Catalyst 9.10-10.10c driver compatibility files (9.xxx versions include OpenGL compatibility files only).

20. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    You can't... I forgot to remove a comment and the logo is always on regardless the setting being on or off. :bang:

But don't worry, in the proper release it will only appear if you enable it. As a sidenote, it will be selectable for single card users too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.