RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by japamd, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrsparkle1811

mrsparkle1811 New Member

GPU:
    Radeon 5850
    This utility is awesome. For some time now I have been annoyed how the Catalyst drivers after 10.5 did not work well with Napoleon Total War. I can now install the latest drivers for my new games but run Napoleon in compatability mode with 10.5. It works perfectly!

Thanks for all your hard work. It is appreciated.

2. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I see what you're getting at but I Catalyst A.I. set to High Quality and CrossFireX is still working with Mafia II. If that was the equivalant of Catalyst A.I. off then CFX would not be working at all.

3. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Wasn't the driver supposed to have unlinked CrossfireX enabled/disabled from Catalyst A.I. or something like that?

Last edited: Oct 24, 2010
  4. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    I have a little question (yes, again :p)

By doing scripts.
    this file is a macro that takes 2seconds to be done.

Run("F:\\Juegos\\MacrosRaton\\Ponera3.exe")

Is it possible to the game to WAIT the macro to end before being executed? Otherwise it will just randomly click my game :(.

Waiting the "Filename" thing on pre-start would also work, i put the script as sample.

PD: If not, feature request? :p.

PD2: For now i can survive without it since current macro can be done shorter than game startup, but would like to make the macro to be longer or used in other games.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2010

5. chanw4

chanw4 Guest

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    They have a separate setting or check box now to disable CFX instead.

UPDATE. Erm, that checkbox seems to be disble ULPS instead. not CFX.

6. CoMa666

CoMa666 Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090 Fe
    Hi to all
    I just want use catalyst 10.9a and compatibility drivers for 10.5 with bad company 2, i can't use them... when i press button add/update driver set i can listen a sound and nothing happens... someone can explain me right how to use it?
    I have windows 7 64 bit and hd 5870 crossfire

7. Matz80

Matz80 Active Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX Titan X
    I have a big problem using "Manage my driver"...

I just install new 10.10a and I would like to use dirt2 10.5 compatibility mode. (because with 10.10 dirt2 crash using 5970 crossfire)
    I setup everything but now I cant see dirt2 game on my radeonpro list anymore.
    And if I try to add again dirt2 on radeonpro a message told me that It's already exist.... but I CANT see! ;_;

There is a way to reset my profile list or something like that?

;_;

Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
  8. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    My advice is, back up the current profiles, uninstall RPro (choosing NOT to keep the current config), reinstall it, restore profiles.

9. Matz80

Matz80 Active Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX Titan X
    thx! works good!

...but I come back to 10.5hotfix anyway... is still better than 10.10 in my case <<;

10. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Is it working with other games or just TF2?

I'm glad you like it.

You're welcome.

Hmmm, the "Run" command actually waits for external program to finish, but when the script runs the game is already loaded at memory, maybe your script needs to be run before the game is started.

11. Frankalexandre

Frankalexandre Guest

GPU:
    780 SMP SLI
    Hi, i updated Radeon Pro to the lastest build and found two problems from a older version i was using.
    1) I use FPS display counter for some games but disable it for others. With the version i was using i can select it at the tweak table. With this lastest build i cant do it anymore? Only way i found to disable FPS counter is at the RP settings. But it disabled the counter for every game.

2) The FPS display is not opaque anymore running the game F1 2011 under DX 11 mode. There is a ugly black border around the display. Older version was fine....

12. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    There is a problem with Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2.
    When forcing V-Sync the game plays ok but all intros and cut scenes play with jerky video and fade in/out sound.

Without RadeonPro those scenes play like they should but the game lacks V-Sync, so it's tearing. :(

13. Phyxion

Phyxion Banned

GPU:
    ASUS EAH5770 1G VT
    Most games aren't working, but TF2 fails 99% with RadeonPro enabled.

14. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    yeah thanks, hmm ok, .bat on shortcut it seems.

15. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Have you tried using D3DOverrider to force v-sync and triple buffering in the meantime?

16. Cave Waverider

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Hm, I've been noticing Blue screens with STOP errors lately every couple of hours as well as display driver resets (Windows says there was an issue with the ATi driver). At first I thought it was a hardware or ATi driver problem. So I tried different drivers and ran the CPU at stock speeds. It didn't help. I did a clean install of Windows and forgot to enable RadeonPro to run on startup and everything was working fine. When I had RadeonPro running, the crashes re-appeared (no matter if API detection is enabled or disabled). It's happening when I play Flash videos (loading and playing multiple at once usually does the trick and causes at least a video driver reset) in Firefox 3.6.11 (Flash is updated to the latest version) or play longer sessions of Star Wars Galaxies (even when I have no RadeonPro profile set for the game, also tried to put it on the compatibility list and disabled API monitoring as well as disabled API monitoring for applications not on the list). If I shut RadeonPro down, I can play for days without crash, once I turn it on, the system becomes unstable. Really weird. I don't really know why RadeonPro would be causing this to happen.
    Temperatures for video cards as well as CPU, mainboard, etc. are fine, by the way, even below average.

I believe the crashes have been present with any RadeonPro 1.0.10.x version up to 1.0.10.3.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
  17. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    japamd any progress mate ? this latest update is taking quite a wile hehe :D

18. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Hi. Those are not problems itself, but changes made since you last used the program. For 1, as a workaround you can right-click the item and disable API monitoring. For 2, it's that way by design.

Please try what Darren Dougson suggested and let me know if the issue persists or not. I think it's not RadeonPro's fault, but forced vsync's fault.

You had issues before if I remember well. Maybe there's something else on your end that's conflicting with RadeonPro, personally I have about 30 games installed and have no issues at all, even when the game is started from Steam (to use its overlay features) or when the game is Steam native.

Maybe it's the driver compatibility :(

Not much, I have been very busy the last few days...

19. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    I think so to. Will test when I get home. :)

20. Cave Waverider

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    I don't know. It even happens when I'm doing a clean install of RadeonPro without any profiles and no compatibility drivers installed as long as RadeonPro is running.

Of course, it could still be a problem on my end, if nobody else is experiencing the same issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.