GeForce ForceWare 260.89 WHQL Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by sarditia, Oct 18, 2010.

?

260.89 WHQL Rating

1. THE SAME !

68 vote(s)
    49.3%
  2. Better than betas.

31 vote(s)
    22.5%
  3. Worse than betas.

10 vote(s)
    7.2%
  4. Empty voice (see results)

29 vote(s)
    21.0%
  1. Paul5850

Paul5850 Guest

GPU:
    Gainward Phantom GTX 970
    I have a problem right now with the new WHQL drivers ( 260.89 ) and my Gigabyte 470GTX ( reference model ).
    Since yesterday the GPU idles at 405/810/1674 instead of 50/101/135 how it's supposed to be. The temperature is 80 C at a fan speed of 52% while at idle clocks it should be around 50 maybe something in the 50's with something like 40% fan speed. The case is a Recom PowerStation Evo if it has to do anything with it.
    The idea is that I have installed the driers a few days ago and it idled normal till yesterday like with the older drivers.
    With WHQL drivers it always idled normal only with a few beta it idled this way.
    I will mention that I
    - Don't have 2 monitors, only 1
    - The monitor is 120Hz though if it has to do anything with it ( 2233RZ )
    - I always install the new drivers with unistall-restart-driver sweeper-restart-install new ones
    - I have the latest BIOS drivers for my motherboard GA-P55-UD3

So what could have ever went wrong? I would like to keep my GPU at Default idle clocks since the PC is open non-stop and I like to keep it at normal idle temperatures and not keep the consumption up for no reason.

2. Rjudgey

Rjudgey Member

GPU:
    MSI HAWK GTX460 1GB SLI
    SLI issue

Anyone noticed SLI disabled on new 400 series with X58 or P55 chipsets loaded up new driver from 258.96 and now can't enable SLI only Physx, on my Nvidia 780i board works flipping fine! Has intel not been paying Nvidia lately so they've stopped SLI support again on intel boards! (would be crazy as AMD sure as hell won't like SLI on theres!!)

3. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    I'm done messing around with these drivers for now. After a lot of testing, I've come to the conclusion that it's the drivers themselves that are faulty, since I've never had this particular issue before with any previous driver set.

Apparently a lot of other people are having problems with these drivers as well, which makes me wonder whether Nvidia is losing it's touch..

I now have the 258.96 drivers installed, and not only are they completely problem free, they are also faster than the 260.89 on my rig....at least in Crysis.

So I'm still waiting for a decent set of 260xx drivers thats actually worth a damn..

4. Lightmgl

Lightmgl Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460 SC SLI
    No problems with my GTX 460 SLI on my GA-X58A-UD3R with any of the drivers I have used thus far which include 258.96, 260.63, and 260.89 beta or WHQL.

No idea why yours is giving ya trouble.

On a side note though these may be the worst WHQL drivers I have ever seen Nvidia put out aside from the ones that got pulled for frying cards. Major performance loss in older games, SLI flickering, video playback issues. Hopefully there is another 260 series driver to follow very soon. I don't get why they didn't go for WHQL on the 260.63, those seemed pretty solid for alot of people.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2010

5. AmigaWolf

AmigaWolf Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    Yes YES:) i can now play movies good again in GeForce ForceWare 260
    drivers, no video playback issues anymore, no stutters in movies:)

This is how to get smooth playback in movies.

First download ReClock and install him, (I use ReClock 1.8.7.1 beta) then start
    Configure ReClock and in Audio settings then Devices
    to use with
    , DirectSound:, and set him on the right audio channel, i use
    SPDIF so i set him on SPDIF interface, then go to Bitstream and enable
    Accept bitstream format, and disable Disable media Speed
    Correction
    . if i do not enable Accept bitstream format i get
    strange crackling sounds in my movies.

Now go to Video Settings and set Frame rate
    detemination
    on 23.976 fps, now click on OK and your done.

Ow do not forget to set in MPC the audio on the same channel (i have SPDIF
    interface so i have set him in MPC also on the same, also its best to disable
    AC3 and DTS in MPC, that you can find in View then
    Options and then Internal Filters, this is the best so you have
    no audio problems in movies, and then download AC3Filter and install him and
    go to AC3Filter Config and enable Use SPDIF (if you use SPDIF, digital audio)
    and set Output format on 3/2+SW 5.1 channels if you have 5.1
    audio, then go to SPDIF and enable AC3 and DTS and hit OK,
    now you are all done, and you can watch all your favorite movie without
    stutter and Dolby Digital and DTS:)

All thanks go to Redemption80, He was the one who said that I had to
    use ReClock:)

Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
  6. bokah

bokah Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 670GTX 2G
    expect lower idle clocks if u dont run anything; messenger, aero, browsers, etc

7. AmigaWolf

AmigaWolf Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    GeForce ForceWare 260.99 WHQL is out now.

This is the second WHQL release from the Release 260 family of drivers. You can read about the major new features and performance improvements in the Release 260 family of drivers here. This driver package supports GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, 200, 300, and 400-series desktop GPUs as well as ION desktop GPUs.

New in Release 260.99

* Increases performance vs. v260.89 drivers in the following PC games: Civilization V (SLI), Fallout 3, Final Fantasy XIV, and Formula 1 Racing (DX11).
    * Adds SLI profiles for the following PC games:
    o Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
    o Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II
    o Fallout: New Vegas
    * Improves compatibility for Fallout 3: New Vegas with antialiasing enabled.
    * Improves Alt-Tab compatibility for several PC games.
    * Added the following 3D Vision game profiles: Call of Duty: Black Ops and Tom Clancy's HawX 2.
    * With Release 260 drivers, the installation process for 3D Vision has changed. Please view this knowledgebase article for more information on the changes.

Additional Information

* Installs HD Audio driver to version 1.1.9.0.
    * Includes PhysX System Software to version 9.10.0514.
    * Supports the new GPU-accelerated features in Adobe CS5.
    * Supports GPU-acceleration for smoother online HD videos with Adobe Flash 10.1. Learn more here.
    * Supports the new version of MotionDSP's video enhancement software, vReveal, which adds support for HD output. NVIDIA customers can download a free version of vReveal that supports up to SD output here.
    * Supports DirectCompute with Windows 7 and GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
    * Supports OpenCL 1.0 (Open Computing Language) for all GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
    * Supports OpenGL 3.3 for GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
    * Supports OpenGL 4.1 for GeForce 400 series GPUs.
    * Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, DirectX 11, and OpenGL, including 3-way SLI, Quad SLI, and SLI support on SLI-certified Intel X58-based motherboards.
    * Supports GPU overclocking and temperature monitoring by installing NVIDIA System Tools software.
    * Users without US English operating systems can select their language and download the International driver here.

GeForce ForceWare 260.99 WHQL 32bit

GeForce ForceWare 260.99 WHQL 64bit

Guru3D Forum

8. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    no? Really? No need to post it in every thread...thread is alrdy there, so...

9. AmigaWolf

AmigaWolf Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    Ow i am so sorry, come on man, there are new guys that do not know that
    there is a new thread about this.

I am doing this for them.

And i am not doing this in every thread.

10. gman1965

gman1965 New Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 480
    ancor communication

Hi all,
    I'm not sure if this issue is a new topic on this forum or if I'm posting in the wrong spot. (Sorry ahead of time if I am), but I haven't had any luck with nvidia tech support dept. regarding their drivers not correctly reporting my monitor (Asus VW246H). Nvidia control panel states it is (Ancor communications). This has been an issue since I have had since the last several driver updates (258.96)The problem is that my native resolution is 1920x1080, but the highest reported is (pc)1680x1050. I have manually set-up the resolution for 1920x1080, but there have been multiple issues (nothing critical) since. I have set my resolution to 1600x900 for the time being, but everything seems blurry. I was hoping that they would have resolved this in the last few updates. I have Windows 7 64bit and it recognizes my monitor correctly. Just curious as if anyone else has had this problem.
    Thank you for your time and again, I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place or a redundant post.

11. patch9164

patch9164 Member

GPU:
    Galaxy GTX 470 GC @750Mhz
    Hoping IQ for 260.99 is as good as 260.93.