Your first car :D

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by PCboy650, Oct 23, 2010.

1. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    A J plate Rover Metero much like this one

[​IMG]

1.1l of raw un bashed British power, no central lock, no remote locking, no fogs, standard steel wheels, didn't even have standard ISO wiring looms for after market radio installation, manual choke or if feeling lazy a hand operated accelerator.

Had that car for two years, pasted the first MOT with flying colours on the second year failed miserably because the entire rear sub frame had corroded, yup in one year it went fron fine to iron oxide dust. Saying that it was a constant battle with rust especially under the front wheel arches.

All in all if I had a choice between my first car and my current car, current car in a heart beat.

2. lillelj

lillelj Maha Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 675M
    Ah man i miss mine. An absolute pile of S***, but i loved it coz me and my mates could use and abuse it without worrying about it.

Cost me (my mum actually) £100, Proton Persona 1.8 something or other. A lovely faded red one.

Not that we cared much but often the front door handles wouldn't work (in or outside) so I'd have to climb into the back seats to get out :p
    If you used the air vents, bits of leaves would come coughing out sometimes.
    And the heating had only one setting, FULL blast. So it would end up like 40 degrees in there lol:flame2:
    It was only needed for a few months, but we had some awesome times with that car. I miss it:bugeye:

3. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    My first car certainly wasn't special to me.

The car I loved the most was the last one I owned while living in the States.

A 1995 Cadillac Fleetwood. 5.7L V8

Man I miss that car.

4. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    My first street car was apos
    1968 falcon futura sports coupe
    like this but puke green black top
    [​IMG]

got it from some old lady in 1985,in 1974 she pulled into her garage and hit the side doing not much damage,but she never rode it again.17k miles $250.]

a day later i got a 1973 T/A Buccaneer red 455 4speed (non sd car) never had it on the steet(legally that is)
    was not looking like this when i got it,not mine but the same as this one
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

76cent high test anyone? lol

5. WildStyle

WildStyle Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Fiat Punto Mk1. Good little car, no problems. Served it's purpose as something to get from A-B and then sold to move onto bigger and better things. It went to a young lad who wrote it off in under a week. Nice.

Noticed a lot of kids these days especially around here (where I live, not Guru3D) with all the private schools and such, get bought new cars or given their parents cars and also have their insurance paid for them as well. Shocking. Pay for it all yourself and maybe you'll learn the value of money.

6. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    Audi a3 1.9 105hp (130 with "OC") TDI (photo is from google, mine doesnt have the window on top and has a "rear-wing"? the rest its exactly the same) as you see, idk how to call things on english D:!

[​IMG]

Of course paid by dad, by im already more money-saver than him (just check my PC specs, i can buy everything i want unless PC goes over 1000€... but its under 500 i think xD), so he doesnt need to teach me about the value of money xD!. Mainlly because we dont have "own money" @ my family. Altho i earn enough to maintain it... and maybe buy a less value car.

I still spend like 800-900€/year on gasoil at average 5.2l/100km -_-

Last edited: Oct 23, 2010
  7. Cartman372

Cartman372 Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1660Ti
    My first car (still have it because I'm only 17) is a 1999 Chevy Tahoe.

5.7L V8, 4speed auto, 4WD, A/C front and rear, and 117k miles

It looks like new inside and out :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Anubis

Anubis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 4GB
    1992 Honda Civic 1.5 LSi sedan with aftermarket body kit, alu rims, sport exhaust, CAI, no cat, shortened springs, short shifter

I loved this car.. Felt like I was in a Ferrari :p
    Still love it tbh, but rust attacked it, and it's waiting to get repaired.. sometimes..

9. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Jesus Christ almighty, you were driving a brand new 325i as your first car? Your parents must be rich, and they must like you A LOT.

10. MM10X

MM10X Guest

GPU:
    3080 FE
    first car my parents bought for me, they let me use. 1992 toyota cressida. (dont have any better pics...)
    [​IMG]

First car I bought with my own money, still not running. 1972 datsun 510 as it sits today.
    [​IMG]

:D

11. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Just got mine yesterday, 2nd handed Peugeot 206 from 2002, 65.000km, €3000. Not a sporty car, but by the end of the year, I'll be counting the cash I've saved on gas, taxes and insurance and go on a nice trip or buy some extra new hardware.

12. Adicto

Adicto Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 9600GT 512MB
    First car is a 525i 2007 (Though before that one, used to drive a Civic but it wasn't mine, my dad gave it to me to practice)

13. Norvekh

Norvekh Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 Ti
    2003 Mazda 6. It can be fun to drive but I'd like something with a bit more than what I have. I've always wanted a '67-71 Mustang. Eventually maybe.

14. zipper

zipper Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 680M
    Well, 33 years ago had one like this:
    [​IMG]

15. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    [​IMG]

Not mine, but mine is similar. It's still in almost new condition, and it's more fun to drive than I expected.

16. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Citroen C4 2006 2.0L love the car havent driven much tho 18tkm in 1½ years.

17. Leodie

Leodie Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    This is my first car and ive had it for 3 years now. No plans to sell it, i will swap the engine to a K20a2 Civic Type-R engine...

Right now my little 1.5L N/A engine pushes 140mph...pretty good :D Only modification is homemade 2" catback and intake manifold from Civic 1.6L vtec... and total rebuilt engine my me :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    The first was a handed down 95 Toyota Camry from my mom when she left the US to stay permanently overseas. Was having problems with leaks, AC, and such, but uncle bought it off of me /shrug.

I currently have another handed down 2000 Honda Accord from my sister who past away. It has about 185K miles on it though and I plan to finally get my own car once it gets to around 225K or sooner.

19. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    DUDE! that is a nice car. I have not gotten my first car yet, but it will probably be a red '97 honda prelude

20. Alec**

Alec** Maha Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 5850 1GB H²0
    Hopefully...

[​IMG]

only a year and a half away ;)