Your first car :D

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by PCboy650, Oct 23, 2010.

1. PCboy650

PCboy650 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX680 SLI
    Hey guys. My brother just got a car for his 18th birthday. A silver Ford Figo 1.4 with a sound system and aftermarket rims. Because a persons first car is so special to them, i was wondering if my fellow Guru's would like to share with us stories about their first car :D

2. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    Not got one, can easily afford a car, but refuse to pay over £2000 for the insurance (over double the price of a lot of cars).

3. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    My first car was a 1976 Opel (Vauxhall if you're British) Kadett C. It was a beaten-up piece of **** already when I bought it for 250 Euros, but boy did I love it! It was 'Ferrari' red and had original Recaro seats. The seats were worth more than the car!

The car wouldn't even accelerate properly, it jerked horribly when you put 'the pedal to the metal', making me seem like the worst driver in town (sure, blame the car...) There was some problem with the power distributor apparently. Well, there was some problem with just about everything in it...

It eventually died on our frontyard, the shifter simply refused to work. It made a horrible metallic 'clunk' noise anyway everytime you put on reverse. That's when my father told me: Son, I think it's about time we did what we should have done a long time ago...

We sold it to the next passer-by for 50 Euros ;)

4. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    My first was a 1964 Chevelle Malibu SS. it had a 400, 4 bolt main, sblock, 4.11 rear. Larger tires in the back, jacked up, hood scoop with riser intake..etc. It had so much torque that i always had to put it in neutral when i came to a stop cause the junk drum brakes couldnt handle it.
    Manual steering, manual brakes, no heater, no A/C, not even a seatbelt....so you can imagine what a POS it was to actually drive on the road. lol
    i ended up selling the car and kept the motor with big plans on a rebuid but never did so it rusted away in a friends barn.

So considering the wasted time and money i put into that car, how horrible it was to drive around town in..etc, its definitly not a special memory for me or nothing.

5. rpro

rpro Member

GPU:
    MSI RX 480 8GB
    hehe nice topic
    my first car and still first vw passat 1.9 tdi :)

6. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    1974 Holden Kingswood s/w 3.3L straight six.

2 weeks later I put a piston through the cylinder wall.

gg.

Mine was white.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 23, 2010
  7. demented brave

demented brave Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4090
    [​IMG]

1995 Pontiac Trans Am was my first car, a lot of fun to drive with a 5.7L and a 6 speed. Had transmission problems though so I got rid of it.

8. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    Lol? It cost me half that on a 1.8 turbo, diesel.

First car is a bit of a commie-car, Fiesta 1.8 TDdi (51 plate) averages 55-60 MPG on country lanes without driving like an eco'ist.

9. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    Who with/how long ago? Everyone I know is paying over £2k even on a 1.1L etc.

10. ariskar

ariskar Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2080
    My first car... a 99' Toyota Avensis 1.6 vvti petrol with 115bhp... Decent economy, good on highways and sporty after I applied a coilover gas suspension. Unluckily I crashed with it, yet got out with no scrach from a nasty accident with a car coming from the other direction.

11. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    [​IMG]

Mine was blue tough :D

Volvo 740GL 2.4L Inline-6 turbo diesel.

12. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    95 Mazda 626 5spd manual. Loved it, but then someone in a big SUV hit me and ran off, and somehow put a rod right through the first cylinder.

Second was an 01 Dodge Neon SXT 5spd turbo, it was a fun drive. Easy to throw around, but the engine needed completely rebuilt, and I didn't have the money for that. So I sold it.

Current is an 01 Ford Taurus SES 3L. It's not fun like my others, but it's great on highway driving which I do the most now because of work. Had 168k miles when I got it, it now has 177k miles on it (I've had it since June too :D) and still runs great. Soon as I got it, flushed out all the fluids, new plugs, wires, brakes, rotors, air filter, fuel filter, runs great. When I get the chance I gotta replace the seals, it does have a small and very slow oil leak.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2010
  13. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    My first car was a gold 1972 Chev Nova with a slant 6 original. My second car was a red 1985 K-car with 400,000 KM on it. Third was a black 1989 Sunbird and my fourth was a brand new black 2000 SunfireGT with a 2.4 Twin-Cam.

Right now me and my GF own a black 2009 Pontiac Vibe with 15,000 KM on it.

14. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    [​IMG]
    2003 Seat Leon TDI
    Not mine, but same color.

I was a spoiled brat, and this affects me today :bang:

15. Stromgold

Stromgold Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1060
    First car was a 1972 Ford Mustang.. wish I still had it.. :(

16. kwak

kwak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 560 ti
    The first car i had for a while was an Audi A3 1.9TDI. That was a company car at my first job, and I pretty much hated it.

About one and a half year ago, I went to a new job, and bought my first own car. A 1993 Saab 900 Aero, and that thing is brilliant. The only thing wrong with it is that it isn't a turbo.

17. Sprecker

Sprecker Guest

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    1989 Plymoth Sundance. Drove the sh!t out of it. It died after the water pump sprung a leak and my engine over heated on the highway. I pulled over, took my plates and left it there.
    I payed $400 for it and drove it for 6 months.

18. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    1978 Chevy Camaro, Z28.
    This isn't a pic of mine, but it was almost identical.I had chrome rims though.
    It had a big old 350 in it, and air shocks, so it was jacked up.I bought it on my 18th birthday and it got me laid that same night :D

[​IMG]

19. Austyn

Austyn Guest

My baby :) First car and dont see me getting rid of this for a while. Great for zipping around agrigento in. (sicily - where i now live)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. PCboy650

PCboy650 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX680 SLI
    All of you had/have really nice first cars :D
    Palerider, how dare you own my dream car as your first. Lmao
    My first car was a brand new 2009 BMW 325i that my parents got me