Battlefield 3 Will Get Extra PC Attention

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Guru3D News

Guru3D News Ancient Guru

The folks at ggmania report that acouple weeks ago DICE Senior Gameplay Designer Alan 'Demize99' Kertz tweeted that him as well as other Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 2 veterans are working on Battlefield...

More...

2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    ill believe it when i see it. dont want to hype it up too much, and be dissapointed again.

3. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    They said the same thing about Bad Company 2, and those BF2 fanboys still bitched & moaned...so...yeah .

4. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    Same here, where are the mod tools at...

If it comes with an offline MP mode...and doesn't require a day 1 patch so you can do something as basic as change your FOV from a console standard to something less glaucoma-ish...I'll consider it.

I has to laugh at this too:

Umm, the gap is growing bigger everyday....I think I would call the gap between

55-75fov, 720p, 30 frames with screen tearing, linear game design, dx9 effects....

and

90-110fov, 1080p, 60frames vsync/triple buffering, open world games, dx11

is more of a canyon than a gap.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2010

5. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Its EA, im sure you can expact patches within the first month. :biggun:
    the worst is moh airborne, a total of 2,5GB :banana:

6. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Yep, and then even more patches to patch the patches.. :D

7. thecake90

thecake90 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 1060GTX
    What is this guy smoking?

8. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    lol^ yeah and it took him this long to know what pc gamers want?
    bf and moh are dead to me...

9. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    The game patching trend in general is really lame. The only that are up to snuff are capcom games. Never even get patches, never even need them. Optimised like crazy on day 1 and usually ahead of the graphical curve.

BFBC2 DX11, let me type that into googles B.S translator: "instead of simply using higher res shadows like other games, we gimped the shadows under the DX9 and 10 API so we could have a slightly better looking shadow res under DX11, while still having inferior shadows to older games like Farcry 2..."

10. Chock

Chock Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x670GTX @40"+26" Samsung
    hrhrhrhr they said the same about bfbc2 :D oh wait there is a new one out... bad company 2 vietnam or something...

11. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    You won't be saying that when you're holding BF3 in your hand ready to install it ;)

12. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
  13. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    I thought it was very informative! I had no idea PC gamers played PC games on a PC. You learn something new everyday!

</sarcasm>

14. Covert

Covert Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD 5770 1000/1300

lmfao :D

15. ross

ross Master Guru

GPU:
    Diamond R9 290X 4GB
    It's gonna be everything you wanted and more from BC2 - Random crash to desktops, countless bugs that don't get resolved, maybe horrible server browser. Really, I think you could go on and on... lol.

16. eat@joes

eat@joes Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire AMD 6850
    EA is a business and they need to sell things so obviously they will sell to as much as possible. BC2 wasn't terrible...better than BF2 I feel and BF2 was originally for PC.

I'm sure I will end up getting it, but it's pleasing to know that they are saying "yeah, of course we will port it, but we're going to try and not make the PC version bullcrap this time".

Only time will tell...I'm not for, or against it.

17. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    I agree, it almost like the grand canyon. We could easily have greater than 1080p as well, along with 3d all that other good stuff. I dont know what the hell they are thinking about.

18. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    I'll hope it's good, but the BF2 veterans comment puts me off as that was a poor game, BC2 is an absolute waste of time. They need the BF1942 team back. I am sick to death of these ****ty tiny maps. I want El Al, Midway, Wake size maps again. Oh yeah and mother ****ing air craft carriers and battleships and submarines.

19. Joey Propane

Joey Propane Active Member

GPU:
    1GB HIS 5850 iCooler V

BF2 was a brilliant game let down by developers who listened to the community... then did the opposite to what they wanted.

I had over 3000 hours total in that game, ran and clan, owned multiple servers and knew it better than the back of my hand, but it was bloody hard work.

The yearly patches fixing problems that weren't there and adding new ones that just broke the game even more, the apparently unfixable red nametag glitch, the constant yo-yo of weapon and vehicle balance... anyone remember when they beefed the AA up to the point of people literally TK'ing to get in the previously useless fixed AA placements? Or the bug they introduced in 1.2 that made the PKM a 100 round sniper rifle until 1.21? Or the constant ignoring of the J-10's massively unbalanced dogfighting abilities?

BF2 was just right imo at 1.22 (bar the AA issues), but they couldn't leave well enough alone. I carried on playing but just hated the game more and more as the months passed. I spent a year away a few months after the Infantry Only bomb was dropped (yay! everyone's playing as snipers!) and when I came back it was like a different game.... an absolutely horrible one. I never even bothered checking what they did with 1.5.

Anyways, enough of the reminiscing. I would love to hope that BF3 will use the BF2 formula (all the kits from the series, each with their own specialized job, massive maps and loads of vehicles. Rock, paper, scissors gameplay), but I fear this CoD style custom soldiers/perks bullcrap will rear it's ugly head again. I loved BF2 because it was a level playing field, I hope they bring back that notion...

20. rno

rno Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 4890 1GB
    Extra PC attention = mouse support?