8.782 (Catalyst 10.10 Beta) x86/x84 Vista/Win7

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by rflair, Oct 14, 2010.

1. bboy-mass

bboy-mass Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 ti
    Please fix vsync in eyefinity+crossfire

what I really want is vsync fixed for us eyefinity users in crossfire (2x5870).

fps is an issue for f1 2010, but vsync is all I want at the moment.

any signs of this being fixed???

bboymassuk

2. IM0001

IM0001 Guest

GPU:
    PNY 780 GTX
    I cannot say beyond the shadow of a doubt. But I have had consistent fantastic performance ever since I upgraded what last Friday? I could sware that with my 4870X2 and the 10.9a drivers and then my 5870, it only got around mid 50's max and went down from there (So No AA could be used or else it started at 30ish).

I loaded up the 10.10's and notices... wtf... the game is running really smooth, check the counter and yep I was hitting 90-100's off the bat. Woohoo!

I will be testing the mobility version later tonight. See if I can push my 5870m from High to Ultra settings after all.

I will say I had a funny issue with Overdrive yesterday. For some reason while I overclocked the card to 900/1300 the night before, (which idles the card at 400/1300 normally) the next day I was wondering why my framerate was for some reason 1/2 of what it should be, (and my CPU usage was 1/2 as high as well in SC2.. Hmm) Turned out that on the next reboot, the card was stuck at 400/900 for whatever reason. Disabled Overdrive and rebooted and got back my full speed again lol.

What is funny is even at 400/900 SC2 was playable on ultra. (A tad sluggish due to having 4XAA as well but I did win 2 games before I dun into the matter lol)

Also just in case. Catalyst AI is disabled so no crossfire profiles or anything are being used for the SC2 performance gain.

3. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Sounds really good. I do agree that these drivers are absolutely great for some few games (example: R.U.S.E, DeadRising2, F1 2010), but there are still many games that are not fixed, at all (BC2, LostPlanet2, and others). So heres for hoping that AMD has a super driver in either 10.10Whql or 10.11 next month, oh that would really make my computer usage/gaming much more enjoyable! ;)

Edit: Most of the issues I have are related to CFX, thats where you see the issues most clearly(DX11 specially).

4. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Have you tried some tool to force vsync? You can try D3DOverrider, ATI Tray Tools or RadeonPro, all of them allows you to force vsync even when the driver cannot do it.

5. IM0001

IM0001 Guest

GPU:
    PNY 780 GTX
    Since you are Crossfire (and I no longer have an X2) I cannot comment on that but BC2 is running flawlessly on my single 5870. I do know the game was finicky on my X2 but I finally see first hand what the said load times were all about and such. This game flys with new drivers that work.

I do remember something about changing the res down a notch ingame, then back up to your standard, and that made the game run great on my X2 till the next time you loaded up. That was way back in the 10.6 era or so though. Dono since then.

6. Bloodduty

Bloodduty Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 3080 FE
    I now people are trying there best to help but id say mod the 10.5 no any of
    the 10.6 10.7 10.8 or 10.9 as from testing them over and over there crap bugs
    all over lost plannet 2 works best on 10.5 as well

crosfire testing only i did

7. sprower

sprower Master Guru

GPU:
    TriFire5770 9800GT Physx
    Correct me if I'm wrong but... CAP's have optimizations for single card configs. AFAIK disabling AI wont cut it. Unless you uninstall your installed CAP you can't guarantee it's not being used.

8. IM0001

IM0001 Guest

GPU:
    PNY 780 GTX
    Ya got me. Then disregard mentioning it. They are installed before and after the driver update. 10.9 versions.

9. rootsoft

rootsoft Member

GPU:
    MSi GTS 450 SC
    No XP64bit version yet ?

10. bboy-mass

bboy-mass Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 ti
    vsync works fine when not using eyefinity+eyefinity.
    it syncs to 120fps because it doubles up the refresh rate rather than locking to 60fps.

great if your running 3*120 hrs monitors.

thanks.

11. rone

rone Member Guru

Did somebody experienced color change with this driver set and Win7. My desktop screen went reddish. More precisely there is a pink hue all around menus in browser etc.
    PS.
    I just made some change in color temperature from 6600K to 7100K and most of the pink is gone.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2010
  12. signas_86

signas_86 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 SLI Watercooled
    i think the default color temp is 6500k..got the same problem then change color temp to 6500k...10.10 beta

13. Phyxion

Phyxion Banned

GPU:
    ASUS EAH5770 1G VT
    Read this thread, there is a fix. I'm pretty sure someone modded the inf file of this driver causing all these problems.

14. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Agreed.

I've used betas that are better than the WHQLs and that includes ATI's, e.g. 10.5b Hotfix was better than 10.5 WHQL and 10.9a Hotfix was better than 10.9 WHQL.

Granted, in both cases, that was because they were newer but that just highlights how out of date certified drivers are compared with betas because they take several weeks to pass Microsoft's testing.

Because of the leaked 10.10 beta drivers I've been able to play Darksiders with anti-aliasing and enjoyed improvements to other games instead of having to wait an extra week or two for the official release. Dunno about anyone else but I prefer to play my new games "properly" on my system sooner rather than later...

15. ati666

ati666 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9-290x Windforc

hey rflair, does these drivers install for hd3870?

16. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Yes.

17. Kariddi

Kariddi Active Member

GPU:
    2x ATI 5850 Sapphire
    It also happened to me under linux with the 10.10 beta leaked (linux version of course).

Probably they changed something with the color management that made my old color settings distort the monitor colors. In particular the saturation parameter seems to trigger the reddish shift.

Don't know why.

18. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Sure, 120 Hz monitors should top at 120 FPS, using those tools you can force that (unless I completely misunderstood what you're trying to do)

In other words, if you disable Eyefinity the monitor will work @120hz, if you turn on Eyefinity the monitor works only @60hz?

19. Daaknite

Daaknite Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 680 2gb
    Good day all, long time reader and member, just wanted to start back contributing to the discussions.

As a crossfire user, I am under the impression that AMD has no intention of fixing some of these issues, like the extremely low fps in BC2 with anything newer than 10.5.

I have also experienced two other crossfire (non gaming related) issues for which I can find absolutely no resolution. Then of course the fan on one of my cards (Sapphire original reference modeL) seems to be having a failing bearing after less than 6 months in) so it causes annoying noises intermittently.

Sorry, not intentionally trying to sound like a troll but I ordered 2 gtx 260's to replace these sorry cards. Maybe in a year or two when AMD gets their act together I will give them a try again.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2010
  20. TheGuuH

TheGuuH Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 470 XFX

same issue.... ( sapphire 5770 )