8.782 (Catalyst 10.10 Beta) x86/x84 Vista/Win7

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by rflair, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    DON'T!!! Their changing up.

The 6800 series cards are going to be mid-range. Kinda makes me wonder WHY.. Aren't they supposed to be released tomorrow or sometime this coming week?

Last edited: Oct 17, 2010
  2. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    Something like that.

3. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Yeah, they are released this coming Friday (22nd) :)

4. pjokerxp

pjokerxp Banned

GPU:
    Palit GeForce GTX 680 2GB
    Oh yes, Sorry for not specifying my exact settings.

I play @ 1920x1080, with no AA and no motion blur. but everything else high.
    I get usually 70-80 fps. when i turn AA to 4x i get -10 fps hit.
    When I turn AA 8x i get same fps as 4x.

also, when there are NPCs in front of me i get bad fps hovering about 50-60 fps.
    Capcom Says because the characters are using DirectCompute thats why I get bad FPS. But when I turn the Camera to a view with no NPC "characters" I INSTANTLY get ateast 75fps.

And I am sure about it 100%. when there are NPCs atleast 2 on my view i get bad fps. when there is no NPC i instantly get good fps as I mentioned 75fps.

But I can say you should get good fps atleast like me. and I am Really getting good ones! with all high! even DX11 feature.

look here for pics:
    Campaign without AA max details and 1920x1080:
    [​IMG]

Campaign With AA 4x Max details and 1920x1080
    [​IMG]

Online map with no AA Max details:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

"If you have ever wondered what DX 11 does for you, you can get an idea of how things such as tessellation, displacement mapping, DirectCompute soft body simulation, and DirectCompute wave simulation change the overall appearance of a game, providing more depth and a richer, meatier feel to environments. If you compare these two sets of screen shots of an Akrid "Boss", you can see how the use of tessellation, coupled with displacement mapping and DirectCompute body simulation, increases the girth of the creature and gives it more "depth." DirectX 9 is on the left, while DirectX 11 is on the right." courtesy of www.*********************

Hope this info helps!

5. DeadLine

DeadLine Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD7970 Ghz
    On this moment with these drivers the 6800 runs even better then my card :p
    Ill wait for the official ones but i'm already waiting from 10.5 to 10.10 for some normal xfire support.

6. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Strange thing for me is that I have huge issues with BC2 with these, but MOH MP which is the same engine runs very good with these, and the real strange thing is that I have BC2 as a forced xfire profile for MOHMP and the game runs so nice with no issues??? Why oh why I wonder?

Same here darren, bad performance. Even if I go to DX11 low, its still under 60 for most of the time. Like somewhere between 40-55fps? I dont get it?

Last edited: Oct 18, 2010
  7. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    @HaZe303 - Sounds from pjokerxp's post that is motion-blur that kills the performance rather then the DX11 features so maybe we ought to try turning that off? After all, if a game is running at 60 fps do you really need motion-blur anyway?

8. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    True, will test that now. Right back.

EDIT: No motion blur is not the culprit, tried it several times. And if I could get xfire to work in dx11, I might have semiOK performance? :( This game is only playable with dx9 atm, atleast for me?

9. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    <No warez>

10. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Something is wrong with this set ( 8.782) when playing LOTRO.
    After some hours FPS drops to ½ and won't go back up to 60FPS before I restart the game.

11. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Wow, performance is better with the patch for sure. But still no luck with xfire, so that is definitely the drivers at fault, hopefully 10.10whql will fix that? But the patch does help my performance!

Edit: If you have problems with the skidrow crack, you can use the trivium crack from 1.0 (the launcher + paul.dll) and it does work again. For me the skidrow crack do not work, not for 1.0 either, so Im using the trivium crack.

12. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

YEah happy to see atleast Leaked Beta drivers tat's not meant for us, atleast nVIDIA released 3 beta drivers for their users to test , But Here ATI nouthing only one leaked , Tat's for their future GPU's , Well atleast i can play Medal Of Honor With out FPS dropping @ MAX... with 10.9 drivers....

13. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    I rather have 12 stable whql drivers a year, than lots of beta´s and maybe 2 whql´s a year, but for now im agreeing with you, as the ATI drivers have really been bad the last half year. Its time for ATI to really get their act together, specially xfire drivers are specially bad, whats even worse is dx11+xfire.

14. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    WHQL doenst mean ****. they are just as unstable ^^

15. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Well if you read my post you´d see that I know that, but I still rather have whql over beta, with whql its atleast been more tested than a beta, but im not saying they are better. But I am more confident in installing whql than beta, specially on ati cards. With nvidia, the betas are most often very good and stable.

This is agreeing with you.
    Maybe it wasnt as clear as I thought it to be? ;)

16. cowman

cowman Guest

The new Medal of Honor runs Frostbite 2.0, BC2 runs Frostbite 1.5. They are a little different, which is mostly probably the enhancements with DX11.

17. IM0001

IM0001 Guest

GPU:
    PNY 780 GTX
    Has anyone else noticed the nice boost to SC2 performance? With my 5870 I was getting 50FPSish max at the start of a round without AA. After 10.10 I get 100+ and with AA I get 70+ starting and its fully playable the whole round. (1680X1050, Ultra Settings, 4XAA when AA is used)

18. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Ah could be, thx for clearing that up, I knew what you are saying, but actually forgot that fact. Thx again. But if its not because of that fact, what could it be otherwise?? ;) EH???

That sounds very nice, have you tried it several times so it isnt because of some other unknown reason?? But it sounds very good! Will test soon.

19. KyleStilkey

KyleStilkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6800 XT N+
    No Medal of Honor is still using Frostbite 1.5 with some modifications made to it.

Frostbite 2.0 will not show up until Battlefield 3.

20. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Yeah that does ring a bell, so I think he is right. BTW, have any of you who bought this game, found a way to get to the BF3 beta sign up? Or is it coming later, no not the beta, the signing up for the beta (best to clear that up).