GeForce ForceWare 260.89 WHQL Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by sarditia, Oct 18, 2010.

?

260.89 WHQL Rating

1. THE SAME !

68 vote(s)
    49.3%
  2. Better than betas.

31 vote(s)
    22.5%
  3. Worse than betas.

10 vote(s)
    7.2%
  4. Empty voice (see results)

29 vote(s)
    21.0%
  1. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    so its monitor problem he drain performance

2. TeethDestroyer

TeethDestroyer Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX Titan
    What can I do?, with the older drivers and the bug of 59 hz no problem so far.

3. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    ??? i dotnt have it problems so i dont know

and this whql dont have windows permision i have the red warning when instaling this

4. Jkhan

Jkhan Guest

I"ve noticed that running a monitoring program does more harm than good. Especially on my new system, even when running on stock speeds, if i run fan speed monitor either on riva tuner or afterburner, i get freeez, stuttering. WHen removed, no more problems. If your temps are well within safe limit and dont cross the threshold on load, then you don't need to monitor the fanspeed. Just keep the temps in check and you're all set. That's why i recommended GPU-Z. It can run in background, does autostart with windows, and provides complete information. The rest is upto you.

5. Ukraver

Ukraver Master Guru

GPU:
    msi r280x oc
    i dont think msi or evga software is causing u to have those problems , alot of people use this software with no problems at all

maybe something else on your pc is clashing with the monitoring software

6. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Will just stick with the Beta drivers, these will just be the same but stamped WHQL.

7. bcham

bcham Guest

GPU:
    palit gtx560ti
    these dont save your gamma settings or digital vibrance,after reeboot every thing is at default

8. Fusion_XT

Fusion_XT Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 X 2139/5400
    How about the issue with the 3D/2D clocks ? The beta's didnt downclock my SLI system back to 2D clocks after a game or etc ...

9. texasrattler

texasrattler Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670 2GB FTW
    These whqls are better than the 258.96 and the 260.63 drivers for me in reguards to dpc latency. Have yet to go into the yellow. Before I would go into the red (8000) with 258 whql and with the 260 beta it would be in the green with spikes to yellow and red but was not consistant yellow or red like the 258 whql. So the 260 whql is way better than 258 whql for dpc latency issues. They are more consistantly in the green than previous drivers.

10. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Medal Of Honor MP works beautifully fine on my GTX460OC, but only in Dx9 mode (maybe even dx10.1 mode), but DX11 still has some issues. My performance with dx11 (vsync enabled) is between 45-55fps which most of us know is not fluid in MOH/BC2, but DX9 wont budge under 60fps? Im starting to think there is something very wrong with DX11 itself, or the graphics engine, or both ATI/Nvidia DX11 drivers? I dont know, but both my systems (1 with ATI and second with Nvidia) are experiancing huge issues with all games with DX11 (except Civ5(dx11) runs superbly), but on both systems DX9 works fine. Dx11 worked fine some months ago, but not any more?? What is going on? Why have these new features as DC/OpenCL/Tesselation, if all they do is kill youre performance to a halt(with small if any increase in IQ)?? Thats idiotic! Something has to happen, bc as it is now even the huge letdown DX10 is better at the moment than DX11?

Thank you, I have the same experiance as you, but with my Xfire setup I really need the fan profile feature to keep my cards temps at acceptable levels? But there are definitely something with those monitoring software that can cause in certain systems/configurations huge problems(for an example Just Cause 2 runs terrible if I have the OSD server running with that game)?

Its just very time consuming to always go to CCC to set fans to say 50% everytime I want to play a game? Although I could make custome profiles in the CCC.

Ps. I tried to bring this up to UNWINDERS attention, but he just called me a moron/newbie, so Its obvious he doesnt like constructive critisism? Maybe not, maybe he had a bad day that day, but it wasnt nice let me tell u. ;)

Last edited: Oct 18, 2010

11. pdxmark

pdxmark Member

GPU:
    ATI & Nvidia
    If the GTX400 series is a different architecture then the GTX200 series, how is it these drivers work for GTX200 cards. Does it boost the performance of the GTX200 series, or is a moot point to get newer drivers for older cards?

I've been asking this question for a while and have yet to receive an answer.

Thanks for reading,
    Mark-

12. HamidFULL

HamidFULL Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4850 700/2200
  13. MaxBlade

MaxBlade Master Guru

GPU:
    980Ti/970/390/+ more
    man you didnt need to start two of these threads. Beta or not.. pffft

14. erm

erm Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 1GB
    F1 2010 works better with this whql or same ?

15. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Same for me, but atleast better than the 260.93 driver.

16. AmigaWolf

AmigaWolf Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    There is absolutely no difference, the Beta and WHQL is exactly the same.

Still have dose dam stutters in my TV shows and movies, how can this be
    WHQL if there are still so many wrong with it:bang:

17. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Because WHQL does not mean "Perfect Driver", it just means that Microsoft have done some testing on it and given its approval, but WHQL are just like other drivers, just more tested than beta´s, but far from perfect still.

18. BaneComes

BaneComes Banned

GPU:
    580GTX Twin Frozr II/OC
    so far they run pretty good on my 240 IQ is far better than the last whql but no significant boost performance wise dl'd them and see for yourself everybodies rig is different

19. AmigaWolf

AmigaWolf Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    I know, buy why cant NVIDIA first make them OK and them sent them to
    Microsoft for a WHQL, aaaaahhhhhhhhh why cant they just make it so that we
    have no stutters in our movies:bang:

20. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    ^
    lol like i said in some earlier threads that's nvidia for ya it can suck big time, and you said bs, buy new gpu bla bla.. they are prefect drivers, etc..

you see now what i meant before about their driver writing skills, they killed one thing by fixing another or create new issues that never existed or just break the performance and leave it broken..
    :p

Last edited: Oct 19, 2010