NBA 2k11

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ShadowMyth, Oct 7, 2010.

1. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    how do you properly drive to the basket? the defense mechanism is annoying, as every time i touch a defender (with or without the ball) my player would just trigger an animation. it just stops your momentum and action going to any direction.

2. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    isomotion moves and look for openings. this years game your not going to get to the hoop and dunk at will like in past years need to be smart and shake the defender and find a path to the hoop.

one great thing i was doing the jordan create a legend, first game i sprinted jordan down after a steal and caught the ball top of the key and he took off at the free throw line and dunked it. was super mega pwnage lol.

3. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    isomotion controls are a PITA to be honest. it just gets cancelled when the def touches you. i'm almost always just going for the open jump shot now compared to last year's 2k10.

4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    How are you supposed to do an Alley Oop in this game? The control configuration says hold LT and press B but when I do that my player just throws the ball out of play! Also X is used to steal the ball but more often than not I get it back only for my player to attempt to take a three-pointer from the opponent's half!!!

And even on Rookie difficulty I'm finding this game tough and I'm getting well and truly beaten in every game. Frustrating. The previous games were never this hard.

5. Hammie

Hammie Banned

GPU:
    760 SMG 28"
    Hows the online play, anyone play a game of online ? if its like last years then forget it its horrible.

6. Mike Z

Mike Z Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670
    Yea, I copy and pasted someone else's config file that was posted on a forum and it runs much better now, but really, the game isn't optimized very well. I shouldn't have to change all those numbers in that config file to get it runnin' correctly. Even now it's not a solid 60FPS, but it's close enough.

I don't have hardware like most of you have on this forum.. 3.0 GHz dual core with a 9600GT isn't all that great, but it should push this game at 60FPS if I cut the crowd down to low / medium and run it at 720p with no AA, but it doesn't help it. It runs the same as it does with everything on high and 1600x900.

7. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    hmmm, my 8800GT isn't much better and I'm getting 85fps @ 19x12 (crt w/v-sync). Runs like a dream... much better than last years.

8. cjs007

cjs007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    E.V.G.A. 460 / 1gig
    Im getting the skipping in gameplay......glitching....don't know what it's called exactly....but it's not smooth moving like last years......and i get 60fps everything maxed. :biggun:

Example: Alot of people on youtube have videos of recorded gameplay with fraps and it doesn't look smooth....thats what this game is doing......I have a PS3 so i'm going to get it for that because i know they put more time in making it.....

I'm not shocked....my whole life the PC has sucked for sports.....thats why i have a console too......

Hey lets get a bunch of GURU's and make sports games that are exactly like the console ones for the PC!!!!! We will be rich.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2010
  9. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I was checking out the replays last night and I noticed that when I'm panning the camera around that I'm getting framerate skipping which makes the game feel like it's hitching. The framerate stays constantly at 60 fps though which is odd and I'm using triple buffering and (obviously) v-sync. During the gameplay itself and the automatic replays it runs silky-smooth at 55-60 fps with no hint of the annoying stutter that I used to get when I crossed the centre of the court in NBA 2K10.

I have noticed some bugs though such as disappearing heads during replays and other minor issues. Also I found out that the console versions have had an overhaul of the menu system yet this game still uses last year's dreadful unintuitive one. For as long as I can remember 2K Sports games have had pretty awful menu systems so I can't understand why they didn't bring the PC version in line with the consoles. :bang:

Last edited: Oct 12, 2010
  10. charliehamster

charliehamster Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070

I also get momentary frame stutter during a manually selected replay,apart from that the game runs perfectly smooth.

11. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Guest

GPU:
    Asus 1080Ti STRIX
    I gave it a spin yesterday and I was surprised that it was a well-built basketball title, that I have last seen probably in NBA2000 :D I am loving the visuals,however I think I may need to use joypad for this as keyboard play is horrendous in this .

12. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    Yep, most sport games go better with an analog gamepad.

13. cjs007

cjs007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    E.V.G.A. 460 / 1gig
    :)
    I found out what was causing it...I turned down all the settings to low and everything else off.......then turned up one by one running the benchmark and when i turned the player detail up to med it started to do it......so i have everything maxed except for the player detail that is on low.....

The game runs smooth as butter now....

14. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Ah but for me the game is already smooth as butter during actual gameplay and when the game shows auto-replays. It's only when I manually select Replay from the pause menu and pan around the players that I see the stuttering. Since I don't do this very often anyway it is not really a big deal; just odd that's all.

15. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4080

16. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    OMFG! I ordered the game last Thursday and itz still not here, freakin Play.com

17. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Play.com and/or the Royal Fail (intentional spelling mistake!) are very poor at the moment. My copy of NBA 2K11 was sent on Tuesday but arrived on Saturday. My copies of The Evil Dead and The Exorcist on Blu-ray were sent last Wednesday but so far only The Evil Dead has arrived and that only came yesterday! I'm hoping that The Exorcist has come today but that's already a week. My replacement Gladiator BD from Universal took over a week to arrive, etc., etc. Ridiculous for a place as small as the U.K. We're not even in the midst of the Christmas rush yet either so god only knows how bad it'll get then.

18. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4080
  19. lancerz

lancerz Guest

The online is still horrible, the graphics are awful in online play. I dont understand why the graphics would be different offline or online. Then every time you play a game online 9 out of 10 times it will get disconnected.

20. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    Thanks for posting, I'll give them a try.