Is it going to be the COLDEST WINTER EVER?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Mr.Bigtime, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Scorch666

Scorch666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060 laptop
    LOL +1 . I thought that. Me and my smutty mind.

2. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    I've already got mah beard grown so I'm ready for winter! :D

3. pogostickio

pogostickio Master Guru

GPU:
    DannyD's GTX 1080ti
    thanks Diane, and now here's the Weather report... Ollie?

MILD!

toasty warm here in Manchester, UK. unseasonally mild for October. People out walking in t-shirts at midday in the city centre. Bit cold in the morning but the past few days has been cloudless and mild temps. Can rain a lot though. Usually at night.

I have no doubt that I'll have to put on the tungsten spike Schwalbe tyres in January again. Rolling down the road they sounds like Rice Krispies. :)

[​IMG]

4. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    yea i heard it too, but nothing unusual yet, normal temps atm.

but i remember last year it was a lousy winter at first; in novemeber, december it was so warm as usually in october, novemeber.. and the real winter started end january lol

5. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Yep, gotta love good old Toledo Edison and Columbia Gas.

6. Dr.Chocolate

Dr.Chocolate Guest

GPU:
    GTX1060 6gb ASUS
    Here the coldest winter was like -32 C (32F). I like the winter, i like the cold. And yeah, i use my pc as a heater as well. My room is the warmest place in all house, because of the fans and the cards and the mobo :D Saves the heating bills :D

7. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    here the coldest winter its like 0ºC at mornings, and brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr so ****ing cold.

Usually 10ºC and on coldest days last year -2ºC (at 7:30AM i only look at temps when im in my car or pharmacy thermometer xP).

Luckily last year and current one instead of a ****ing cold bus doing the first travel of the day. I have a hotty car =).

Last edited: Oct 11, 2010
  8. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I hope it is the coldest, iciest, snowiest winter in the history of mankind

I love the winter

9. Scorch666

Scorch666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060 laptop
    Amen.:banana:

10. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    I'd like Winter a whole lot more if the days weren't so damn short!

11. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    86F today here in Indiana. Usually its fairlly chilly this time of year, leaves are starting to change but nothing abnormal other than our lack of rain lately, ground is bone dry 3 feet deep and turns to powder when you dig it up

Not me, i have to work outside regardless of how bad it gets. Boss is weird like that.

12. Zareph

Zareph Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire NITRO+ RX480 4GB
    In response to the topic title:
    No.

Everyone raves about how cold it is this time each year, as if it was much different the year before. And sure, it's cold, but statistics will tell you that it won't even be close to the coldest winter in "ages" ;).

13. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    DOUBLE WIN!! Actually, its been ridiculously warm here in Michigan. It was 80 here yesterday and 75 today! We're chilling down to the 60's and 50's but thats still pretty damn warm for october imho. I'm used to low 50's high 40's. Bring on the snow :D.

14. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    I'm hoping for a rainy wet winter here in mid-west Arkansas, our pond is down 4 feet already :(

The most it normally drops is a foot or so. I think we're 5-6 inches below normal rainfall for the last 2-3 months and about 10-12F above avg.

15. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    still tropical hot here as ever... >_>

16. Tranceholic

Tranceholic Banned

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 570 Fermi
    it's called Global Freezing, welcome to the new ice age :wanker:

17. Indeo

Indeo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970@950\1200 + GT240
    I dunno about media conspiracies or ice ages, but it's cold as sh*t here already, my HW turned at least 7C colder overnight (a bit of nerdy way to measure temperature, right?). Never happened before so early in October.

18. Zer0K3wL

Zer0K3wL Banned

GPU:
    gtx 480 850/1700/2000 h2o
    i think we found out now whats causing global warming :D

19. Norvekh

Norvekh Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 Ti
    For the record, for us to enter a new ice age that would mean that the previous one had ended. Which hasn't. Another glacial period on the other hand, that could spring back. It's happened multiple times during this ice age with the last glacial period ending about 20,000 years ago.

As for a cold winter? In a way I'd like that. I remember one winter we had here that resulted in a good 3 feet of snow which was unheard of for this area. Unfortunately it came with several ice storms which are not fun as they cause power to go out from lines falling either from the weight of the ice or things falling on the lines due to ice buildup, like tree limbs. I finally got my ushanka and good gloves this winter though so I'm ready for it regardless. All I know is that right now I'm a bit tired of summer at this point. Today was warm for this time of year and it certainly didn't fit with the autumn foliage.

20. rotzilla

rotzilla Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac geforce 9400gt
    We haven't got out first freeze yet, its usually highs in the 30's this time last year, it was 80 something over the weekend. The electric bill goes down and the gas bill goes up, endless vicious circle.:thumbdown