NBA 2k11

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ShadowMyth, Oct 7, 2010.

1. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    but he's playing at 1920 x1200 and you at 1680x1050 and his gpu at 800mhz is like yours at default, i think a 480 would be kinda the same at that reso, well a little faster, maybe max 10fps since you're on i7 :nerd:

anyway, i looked at the trailer and dunno those commentators sounded really annoying, especially that chick Debbie.. lol they keep babbling and talking on and on, how can i get focused and play normally..

can you some how disable or at least change so they talk less?

Last edited: Oct 9, 2010
  2. Hammie

Hammie Banned

GPU:
    760 SMG 28"
    Has anyone tried the Online Leagues mode. Are online games against someone else in slow motion like it was last year, or did they fix it soo multiplayer is fast and smooth like single player ???

With KG on the cover there was no online play, with Kobe on the cover there was online play now but it was slow motion literally, pointless to play,, How is 2K11 with online matchups,, is the speed like it is in single player or its slow like last year.. Thanks

This will be a decision maker for me.

3. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    call it a hunch but it is only that since the engine and stuff is the exact same as last year with a few tweaks maybe it was just easier and cheaper to import the new stuff in and tweak a few things rather than port the new game whole cloth.

but we are paying like half price for the game than consoles do. maybe they cheesed it this year some but meh it is a awsome bball game period. and hell we will get updated cyber faces and courts and custom rosters and sliders via mods that the console versions are stuck with alien kobe and other sketchy player faces.

already some mods released for 2k11 and the games only been out a few days, probably be a month or so before we get the full featured roster editors and such.

4. Insomniac34

Insomniac34 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 460 768mb (800/1900)
    For those of you who played 2K10 for the PC, would you say 2K11 runs as smoothly? With my rig, I could play at 1600x900 maxed out with no issues whatsoever, so I just wanna make sure that I can get the same kind of performance with the new one. If so, I'm gonna pick it up at some point this weekend. Everyone I've talked to has said this is the best basketball sim ever.

5. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream

no no thumb sprain just freakin annoying. its just something thats not needed.

6. charliehamster

charliehamster Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070
    The aliasing and screen tearing on the console version is horrendous, but i think the lighting could be superior to the pc version. As for the menus, the pc version still uses the same (annoying) ones from previous games.

7. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    2k11 overall is much better optomized than 2k10, people that had issues last year say how much better this years runs.

online from what i have read is still a bit iffy but better than last years, and 2k has been working on their servers so there is hope that online will be much better than last year when all is said n done.

is some conjecture that the dll hack for gta and other games might work to fix the shadows, but that is still theory it is just something has been suggested, seems there is a general thought that there are shadows in the pc version but they are washed out and the color tonal differences between the console and pc versions might just be a dll matter to fix the lighting, tone and contrast.

if it can be fixed i am sure there are people will be trying dll hacks or people trying to mod dlls to work in 2k11 to fix the issues.

8. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I got NBA 2K11 today and although it looks more or less identical to last year's game, it runs a hell of a lot smoother with none of the judder that always happened in NBA 2K10 when I crossed the middle of the court. The game also includes Xbox 360 controller button mappings which is another excellent touch; after all why would you play a game of this type with anything other than a controller? Great game even if from first impressions it isn't that big a leap over the previous game. Still fun to play and definitely more polished so it was worth the £12.99 it cost me.

9. charliehamster

charliehamster Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070
    I`m using ENBseries mod to try to add abit more defintion to the textures.

10. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    does it solve the shadows issue to boot? i might go hunting for it just to see.

11. Apparatus

Apparatus Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 ti Vision OC
    I think that the graphics are the same or even worse than NBA2K10.

I play at 1920X1080.
    I applied 16XAA and 16XAF high quality via the nvcpl, but i didn't noticed any improvement. Then i measured the vram usage and the temps of my vga with two scenarios :

Everything maxed out from the ingame menu :
    max vram usage : 505mb
    max gpu temp : 79C

16XAA+16XAF - high quality via the nvcpl :
    max vram usage : 380mb
    max gpu temp : 70C

So i suggest you to test and see, because maybe AA and AF are not working as they should via the nvcpl.

Half court stutter still present here. Less annoying than NBA2K10, but present.

12. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    what do you gain for completing jordan challenge?

13. charliehamster

charliehamster Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070
    here is a before and after so you can decide for yourself.

Before

[​IMG]

After

[​IMG]

14. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    ^ hmm seems to make it overall darker a bit which helps the shadows a hair, wonder of the guys that made that dll would cook up a custom for 2k11. seems the game needs a bit more contrast as well as going a bit darker.

15. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    Anyone else coming across major glitches? I have a glitch where the player models are missing & a new quick games start in the 2nd quarter. Uping to tubeyou as we speak. Will post link once it's finished uploading. :0

Glitch:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6aWlai5nQE

Last edited: Oct 10, 2010

16. Mike Z

Mike Z Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670
    The game has a lot of strange bugs.. and in my opinion, the PC version is poorly coded / ported because I can't get a solid framerate no matter how I have the detail settings.

17. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    Hmm.... no frame rates issues here, runs at a solid 120 fps maxed w/ forced 32xAA & 8xAA transparency. The frame rate rarely if ever dips, it's fairly constant.

18. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I've not had anything like that but I have seen player's head disappearing then reappearing only during free throws though. I suspect it may be a driver issue myself.

I noticed that the game seems to run OK with CrossFireX except at the end of the game when it shows the highlights then they look a little glitchy with trails on players and flickering. Haven't had chance to check it out on one card yet but I suspect that will fix it.

19. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    euuuuuuuuurgh can't wait for my copy, guys I played on the hardest setting on 2k10, I heard this game is harder, wat level should I expect to play on?

20. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    its hard at first but once you get used to the new control scheme it gets much easier. might drop the dif down a notch or two your first few games and work your way back up until you get a handle on isomotion moves.