RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by japamd, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    I know I will. Can't wait for it, actually. :)

The official 1.0.10.0 release build appears to be working fine, by the way, I haven't found any issues yet.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2010
  2. evil_religion

evil_religion Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon 5870 Vapor-X
    The slowdown of applications running in Sandboxie is still there.
    Scrolling up and down with mouse wheel in sandboxed Firefox is unsmooth. :(

3. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    AoC Dx10 still crashes with 1.0.10.0

EDIT: This only occurs when Temporal Anti Aliasing is selected.

4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Working well for me now too now I've done a clean install. Great stuff, thanks japamd.

5. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    oh btw one bug.

If you select "Spoof video adapter ID" and put one graphics card (you can enable/disable it if there is no card selected yet), if you untick "enable", it will get unticked, but wont get saved to the profile.

I can spoof my own card, but well, still a bug.

6. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    in some old 1.0.9.x versions RP was causing others apps to use a lot of cpu, not app's fault. Try disabling all detections for that one :3eyes:

7. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    i cant force vsync anymore with the newest version. can anyone confirm this ?
    also CF bar doesnt work for me.
    I had to check aggresive api to get fps enabled. now when i disable it, and click on the global profile, and go back , it is still checked.

8. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Sometimes a simple restart can fix those weird issues. Please try again later, restart using gmail notifier then start RadeonPro to see if it's still using lots of cpu time.

Cool :)

Sorry, I don't think it's fixable.

TAA support is going to be dropped as someone else pointed that such feature is useless for today modern cards and I agree with him. The options will remain available in xml files, but they won't be changeable using the GUI.

Thanks.

Confirmed. This has to do with a change I've did to enable user changes to profile files. Previously the profile files were recreated everytime using current selected settings and any user made changes were lost.

You can try a hidden setting to force width/height for DX9 games by adding the following lines to the profile file:

<Property name="_ForceWidth" value="1920" />
    <Property name="_ForceHeight" value="1200" />

Change each resolution to desired values and save the file. I am not going to add those to profiles because just a few games works correctly when you force a resolution...

Hmmm, confirmed too. But that's weird because I had it working in my Debug build. :bang: Seems that some games are working (TRU, SF4), others not (Dead Space)

Edit: wait, I remember something... if you have CrossfireX bar enabled in settings then you won't be able to force vsync because the CrossfireX enforces vsync off (it's explained why at settings screen). So if you wanna force vsync on, disable the CrossfireX bar first. Sorry.

9. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    I can confirm that V-Sync isn't applied.

10. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    TAA is nice for old games :)

11. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    But are you sure it's working?

12. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Is LOTRO working now?

13. Danny Nissan

Danny Nissan Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4890 1GB
    I think its compleatly disabled within newer drivers so no point having it in RadeonPro. :)

I havent noticed any issues with the latest RadeonPro build. Games launch (stalker bc2, steam games etc) without issues.

I noticed the API logo didnt show up in STALKER (DX10.1) but its no biggie.

Great job!

14. XibaD

XibaD Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 7850 2Gb
    That's what I told you the other day that was happening to me with a profile for Batman AA (to get the ingame antialiasing working, not forcing it in the panel).

BTW I found this in Rage3D forums from EfrainMan, and it's happening to me as well:

It happens with the games that doesn't work with ingame Vsync, it or TB is broken somehow and you have to force it via Direct3D Tweaks page. I find Crysis Warhead doing the same as you tell here, with Direct3D Tweaks Vsync Forced on (and also TB), the game seems 30fps capped. If D3DOverrider is used, TB can be enabled and the fps are normal again.

The same it's happening for me in STALKER Clear Sky and STALKER Call of Pripyat (because ingame Vsync is broken). 30 fps capped w Radeonpro D3D vsync setting, normal with D3Doverrider.

I did a fully uninstall of Radeonpro and reinstalled again.

15. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT

do you want/need me to test it?.

I dont need that feature (unless it also hides titlebars and then i remove autohotkey xD!) bcs i already use autohotkey (plus radeonpro launching autohotkey's scripts when the game needs them) to remove window title bars and put games at my desired resolution like if they were full screen while they are on windowed. But if you want me to test ill do it asap.

xibad, i didnt understand your thing about spoofing :p, i thought you just wanted to activate AA and couldnt get it working via CP soz, i noticed yesterday when i was spoofing oblivion (ati cards + self shadowing = FAIL, but with nvidia spoof it works fine ;S)

PD: When you say "capped to 30fps" are you using Force vsync (double vsync)? because some1 here told me that double vsync its the same than vsync, but cutting fps max to 30fps instead of 60fps.

Also triple buffering doesnt affect the FPS you get in FPS counters (like RP OSD one). But the "feeling" of those FPS you have. Without it + vsync you only can see, 60fps, 30fps,15fps or 8fps...? If you aint at 60fps, you will only see 30fps @ your screen, altho fps meters can say... 48fps for example. With triple buffering, you see and feel all the FPS's (but it needs more video memory). <-- I think? i never noticed any difference with TB on/off, but since its meant to do that, when i use vsync, i put TB on too.

16. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Ah right that explains things. after another try with cfx bar disabled, vsync indeed seemed to be working.
    still leaves it with the CFX bar not working when enabled for me, and on screen display not working when i dont check aggressive api level detection. also LOD settings dont seem to be saving. hmm its saving in the xml file, but when i look in the gui ,its grayed out, and set to 0

17. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    F1 2010 doesnt work for me anymore crashes on the securom launcher.

18. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Add "F1_2010.exe" to the Launcher options in your F1 2010 profile.

19. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    It already is added. lol

20. CorNeLL

CorNeLL Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon Graphics
    tried that a couple of times to no avail, but suddenly RP is working again after resume from sleep, everything is working as it should but PES 11, if i launch the game from the taskbar the game crashes but if i launch it from the launch context menu it runs without problems.

edit----

ok PES11 only crashes when i have jdownloader running but it is random, i launch the game from the taskbar it crashes, if i launch it from the context menu and close it and re launch it from the taskbar i will run with no problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.