RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by japamd, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    that option is always enabled in 1.0.10.0, try opening any non profile game and you wont see any FPS counter and such.

2. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Amusing :wanker:

So RadeonPro now turns your gaming even more funny! :bang:

Bug.

It's fixed. The cause is a new routine that missed a D3D call.... :(

Seems that your directory structure is non-standard, if you install your games at disk root then you likely will end with that issue. The solution is not pretty: don't install your games at disk's root directory.

Weird, because I have Shadow of Chernobyl and Call of Pripyat and both start using RadeonPro.

Nice, thanks for reporting.

Bug...

Unless you know what you're doing, it's better not edit the index directly :nerd:

You're welcome :)

Seems that you need to try another Launcher method. Did you tried "Games for Windows Live/Starcraft II" method?

Are you sure it's RadeonPro's fault and not the game crashing by itself? Specially if you're forcing DX11 in settings.

New build it's on its way, but no ETA yet. Which functionalities are you referring to?

3. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT

helped him a little, he made it with a hardlink so he can avoid two exes with exactly the same name. Altho he wants to change "Start in" folder too, i think with /D="Myfolder" parameter it works but he didnt answer last message. Your parameters work the same than cmd?.

4. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    No, the parameters are different... :(

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I'm not forcing DX11 by the way but the issue likely is a game or driver bug. I just asked in case RP locks out a game executable during use and was wondering whether that was why I was getting (the admittedly few) crashes to the desktop. Normally when a game crashes it is a faulting error but this one seems to be because Windows can't access a file. Most odd. Never seen that one before.

Oh, I noticed that if I used the downloaded Verde skin with RP v1.0.10.0 that certain options don't work such as the Launcher's browse button (clicking on it does nothing) and on one of my profiles AA was being forced but it worked fine with the default classic skin. So for now I'm using the default skin but, although I liked its nHancer-ish-ness before, I'm so used to the colourful Verde one now that it looks kind of bland and ordinary. Not that a user-interface matters really as that's not why I have RP installed.

6. asingh

asingh Master Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor 4890 (X-Fire)
    Patched the EXE to 1.0.9.5, but not seeing the multi GPU Crossfire bars on the left..?

EDIT / 30 minutes later:
    Working now. Had not checked it under settings. Sorry.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2010
  7. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    In the "Launcher" options on RPro, add a custom one, and select "f1_2010.exe" as the launcher.
    That should stop the crashing.

8. rdvenom

rdvenom Guest

GPU:
    MSI Radeon 7870 1200/5400
    I updated to the newest version and now i cant remove the FPS counter no matter what I try.

9. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Interesting... thanks. Did you have the same problem then?

10. neoedo

neoedo Member

GPU:
    Sli EVGA 980 Superclocked
    japamd,

Sorry for this dumb question, but with the new builds how do you set force vsync, triple buffering, etc? I can't get it to work with Dead Space (for example) anymore.

I was in Japan for 3 weeks. When I came back you had updated through 3 or 4 builds, haha. So I feel lost with the new RadeonPro.

As always thank you for your great work. You've kept me from throwing the 5870's out the window.

11. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I'm using the latest build of RP v1.0.10.0 and I've deleted the F1 2010 profile I originally had but when I run the game I can still bring up the CFX indicator bar and toggle the FPS display too. I thought RP didn't detect non-profile games any more?

What is even stranger is that I don't have the CFX bar checked under Settings yet RP will happily toggle the indicator bar!

12. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    No problem. And yes, I had a few crashes too until I setup the launcher options in RPro.

I totally forget to tell Jap about this.

13. XibaD

XibaD Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 7850 2Gb
    I tried the hardlink for avoiding the exe to be repeated, it didn't work.

STALKER SoC starts with no problem at all. I can't launch STALKER CS from radeonpro, but I can from an external link. STALKER CoP doesn't work for me from Radeonpro neither from an external link. If radeonpro is shut down, then the game starts normally. I tried to disable API monitoring to see if that was the issue, but it also didn't work.

That's right, my games are inside its own folders but in the root of a partition specifically created for games. I'll try to throw all stalker games inside a folder to see if that makes the difference.

14. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    First October build is coming today, though it's mostly a bug fix release.

15. XibaD

XibaD Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 7850 2Gb
    Nice, thanks japanmd.

EDIT

I've tested it several times, if radeonpro is on, STALKER CoP doesn't start (xrengine.exe is in memory, but the game logo and the game itself doesn't run). If radeon pro is not in memory, STALKER CoP starts.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2010

16. CorNeLL

CorNeLL Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon Graphics
    to japamd

you should implement an in-game watermarked logo that says ENHANCED BY RADEONPRO!

17. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    10/08/2010 - New build 1.0.10.0

- Fixed: black screen with some DX9 games
    - Fixed: Age of Conan (DX10) and other DX10 games crashing at startup
    - New: tray icon context menu speed optimizations
    - New: option on Settings/Advanced tab to disable API monitoring for programs not listed in profiles list (it's enforced disabled by default starting at this build)
    - New: added per profile option to disable OSD features (FPS counter, Screenshots, etc.), right-click the item in list to set/reset it. Use this option if you're getting kicked from Even Balance Punkbuster enabled servers when using RadeonPro's OSD features
    - New: current API in use is displayed on screen at game startup (can be disabled in Settings)

http://www.radeonpro.info/Download/RadeonPro_RC1.exe

Please try again with new build.

For people ask about a setting to turn it off? :banana:

Well, who knows?

18. XibaD

XibaD Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 7850 2Gb
    I've tested it now, and the results are the same. I have the 3 profiles added, pointing to the exe location inside the bin folder inside game folder inside stalker folder (it's not in the root now). radeonpro now lets create 2 profiles with the same exe name, since they are in different folders (inside a folder).

Results:

STALKER SoC starts with no problem, as it did with the previous build.
    STALKER CS doesn't start from within radeonpro (because of the working folder issue), but it does from an external link (with working folder set) IF API monitoring is disabled.
    STALKER CoP doesn't start from within radeon pro nor from an external link. Profile is loaded (because aero turns off, set in the profile), API monitoring is disabled, but the game doesn't start. It's kept in memory as the xrengine.exe process, but the game doesn't start. If I exit radeonpro, the game starts normally.

I don't know how you managed to run it, but tell me the magic settings if you can :)

EDIT

STALKER CoP starts if the shortcut is RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR and only from the game explorer. But it doesn't start from within radeonpro, the same as CS.

Thanks again japanmd

Last edited: Oct 9, 2010
  19. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    I have a profile for CoP pointed to bin\xrEngine.exe and launcher is set to Stalker-COP.exe and method to Games for Windows Live/Starcraft II.

20. XibaD

XibaD Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 7850 2Gb
    I found out what was happenning: RadeonPro + ATT doesn't work. And I think all games that doesn't work with API detection enabled is because some other overlay is conflicting with RadeonPro API detection. I have ATT enabled to overclock and see graphs of the hardware, but it doesn't get along with CoP. If I disable ATT or RadeonPro, it works (I have OSD feature disabled in ATT as well, but it seems that triggering a 3D app to apply frecuency settings + RadeonPro trigerring 3D settings doesn't work very well).

And with ATT off, and your settings, CoP works (CS doesn't work because of the working folder issue, CoP does because it has a launcher :))

EDIT

FINALLY, it is working with ATT from external link if I set the launcher to steam/impulse (It seems that users with steam version of CoP also face this issue). This way, the game starts from Radeonpro, but keeps the working folder issue (now the behaviour is the same as CS).

So 2 things:

- CoP doesn't start for me unless you set Steam launcher type. But gives the working folder error. It doesn't start from external link (xrengine.exe is kept in memory).
    - CS doesn't start for me within Radeonpro, gives the working folder error. From an external link starts fine if API detection is disabled or ATT is set off.

So what actually does that Steam launcher type setting? Maybe that's the key... Or add an option to specify the working folder of the shortcuts within radeonpro.

BTW the API detection logo feature is very useful. Thanks a lot.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.