StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ShadowMyth, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Zer0K3wL

Zer0K3wL Banned

GPU:
    gtx 480 850/1700/2000 h2o
    voltage rails look oke but 12v line is missing which is most important.
    you could try read that out with gpu-z directly from the gpu.

2. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    It's the game(can't be 100% certain though). I get ctd's every now and then and this is the only game doing it.

3. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    My board is the same way, the voltage and temperature censors aren't very good. If you were wondering TMPIN0 is the CPU socket temp, and TMPIN1 is the motherboard temp. TMPIN2 is broken obviously. The voltages also don't read properly. As for everything else it looks fine. Although there's no way your core temps at are 38C, that's completely wrong. Your CPU socket temp reached 46C at max load, which means your cores are in the 50's.

4. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    here, HWMonitor doesn't give accurate readings on anything except gpu temp. everyiting else is bogus. I had to get a multitester to get the real volt readings from my PSU 'cause I freaked out when I saw HWmonitor's the first time. readings were great with a tester.

5. Zer0K3wL

Zer0K3wL Banned

GPU:
    gtx 480 850/1700/2000 h2o
    Aslong your system does't lockup rarely you should't worry at all.
    meaning if your system fully stable dont worry about it :p

with exception when your overclocking and testing stability with linx for example.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2010
  6. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    ok topic change!

What is the longest game of starcraft you have played so far? I try to keep track of mine and the longest one was last night for me at 1hour and 11minutes haha. Man it was a long game. It would have been over quite early, but this time I was pretty persistant because I had the cash flow. After about an hour, it was about time to just give in.
    [​IMG]

7. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    replay! i want to see it. :)

8. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
  9. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    @FULMTL: Your GTX470 is OC'd and your PSU is a little slim, so maybe try knocking down the OC on the 470? Perhaps that will help stop your BSODs?

Also, do you remember what BSOD error you were getting?

10. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    oh I'm not getting BSOD's, I'm getting crashes to the desktop and the game asks me to fill out a crash log. I have yet to freeze in the game or crash without an error prompt.

It could be my PSU, but I only have my GPU really overclocked, CPU is pretty low OC at 3.16Ghz because there wasnt much improvemnt at 3.7Ghz, so I saved me some heat in the summer. Its not an 80Plus PSU either, but I was thinking it would do the job. Not that Starcraft even needs to be played while overclocked, but I have auto OC profiles to kick in ;/

11. Wanny

Wanny Guest

I started playing online recently... finally did the jump I was too afraid :D. However I'm still in the practice league I still need to nail the basics lol

Practice league is quite cheap tho, there are rocks blocking paths so they all go air rush. But I don't care I counter them now bastards.

I'll jump into real league soon

12. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    I just had a game last 1.28 hrs this morning. My longest so far.. I coulda had it over quicker but I was toying with a zerg player eating away at him with hellions n vikings with a few marauders sprinkled in. Those mutalisks are a pain in the neck. Vikings with a Raven or two with seeker missiles(100dmg w/splash) makes short work of them though

13. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    I have yet to use a Raven online heh

Ok, quick question, but whats a good way in TvT to get past someone's row of seige tanks around the corner and on top of the hill? Is the only way going to be cloaked banshees? I do the same type of defense but I'm usually the one attacking more. Those seige tanks destroy my Thors pretty easily :(

14. chanw4

chanw4 Guest

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    nuke, banshee, battleship.

15. Wanny

Wanny Guest

My friend told me to battlecruiser (yamato gun!) ASAP when they turtle with turrets + tanks, because let's be honest, your ground won't do much.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2010

16. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    static defense is food for your nukes.

17. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    haha everytime I see static defense I get excited to drop the nukes

18. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    I've only used nukes once online and that was for an early drop off, which won me the game. I really dont know how far the seige tanks can hit, but doesnt the Sniper have to get kind of close to his call down point for the nuke? Kinda risky, but I guess I will have to try it.

19. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    take out their detectors and cloak the ghost. or just scout out a position that doesn't have detectors.. most people don't have their whole base covered

20. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    well, there are lots of ways to sneak in a ghost into a safe spot. i'm not 100% sure but i think nuke AOE + ghost range is farther than the tank's range. but that's not the most economical drop. :D

anyway, the players who goes static in SC2 are probably the ones who will lose. that's why you don't see much cannons/turrets/spines in high level matches, except for a few instances (like placing 1 or two inside your mineral patches). building more units is still the better option on where to spend your money.