NBA 2k11

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ShadowMyth, Oct 7, 2010.

1. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    reading the nba live forums it seems it does support 16x10 ratio for the game but the overlays do get stretched. but the players, ball, court, seem to be fine.

2. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    play.com FTW I had to take that offer

I wonder if they fixed the my player mode though, oh and I hope Lebron isn't MVP every single year in Franchise like in 2k10

3. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    i kinda spammed the screenshots thread with NBA 2K11 screenies :D it's that good, the graphics are simply incredible and the gameplay superb.

easily the best NBA game on the pc, although EA NBA 2010 is not bad (console only) friend of mine got it for the PS3 and we played a match, the animations and graphics are good but i much prefer 2K11.

NBA 2k11
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50xwJ8AIebY

EA nba 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRVP74QI2Jk

Last edited: Oct 8, 2010
  4. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    didn't even know there was a demo, downloading it on PS3, while I wait for my PC version

5. Elite Bushido™

Elite Bushido™ Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480 SLI
    i still cant figure out if i should get it for PC, i can hook my comp up to my PC but i only have 1 360 controller right now and i know my little brother and our friends are gonna wanna play it too...

6. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    Do the triggers work like they are supposed to? In 2k10 you couldn't use the triggers as analogue because if you did they would cancel each other. Another Q is if they kept cloth physics from the console version, as 2k10 didn't.

7. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    If you want better graphics & pay half the price I'd go for the PC version. That's just me though. ;)

8. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    ^ agreed game doesn't look very good on PS3(demo) compared to 2k10 on PC, I'd get the PC one and try get sum more controllers

9. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    Not on steam yet?

10. ebucemag

ebucemag Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD HD 7850 2GB Crossfire
    Yeah the game has full XInput support so wired/wireless 360 controllers work perfectly with axis on triggers and force feedback in the game. Also, the game uses 360 Icon overlays so it works seamless with the 360 controller...as if your playing it on 360 but...better

11. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    well better except we got nerfed shadows where i think the xbox version has shadows on players. but aside from that the gfx are better. maybe they will patch it it or maybe modders can work it in. or maybe there is something hidden in the cfg files to enable it. but not found anything yet.

12. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    that's what i hate with PC ports of 2k, they have the console icons!

13. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    ^ they didn't last year

14. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    well xbox 360 icons are a pretty safe bet since i would guess many people swap their xbox controllers to pc to play controller games or just bought one for their pc. now if they were to take a few months to make gfx for every controller out there now that would be a waste of time they could spend doing other more important things :p.

15. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Here's the config, I think I'll mess with it a bit tommorrow. Not a whole lot to change.
    C:\Users\"user name"\AppData\Roaming\2K Sports\NBA 2K11\Saves

VIDEOSETTING_ADAPTERINDEX = 0
    VIDEOSETTING_WIDTH = 1920
    VIDEOSETTING_HEIGHT = 1080
    VIDEOSETTING_COLORDEPTH = 32
    VIDEOSETTING_VSYNC = 1
    VIDEOSETTING_REFRESHRATE = 60
    VIDEOSETTING_WINDOWMODE = 0
    VIDEOSETTING_MSAA = 0
    VIDEOSETTING_MSAAQUALITY = 0
    VIDEOSETTING_MAXTEXTURESIZE = 4096
    VIDEOSETTING_DEPTHOFFIELD = 1
    VIDEOSETTING_FLOORREFLECTION = 1
    VIDEOSETTING_PLAYERLOD = 0
    VIDEOSETTING_STADIUMLOD = 1
    VIDEOSETTING_CROWDDETAIL = 2
    VIDEOSETTING_SHADERDETAIL = 1
    VIDEOSETTING_SIDELINECHARACTER = 0
    VIDEOSETTING_ANISOTROPICQUALITY = 2
    VIDEOSETTING_PARTICLEFFECT = 0
    VIDEOSETTING_FORCE_HDR_ON_INTEL_GPU = 0
    MAIN_LOGICAL_THREAD = 3
    GPU_LOGICAL_THREAD = 2
    STALL_CPU_ON_END_FRAME = 0
    LIMIT_FLIP_QUEUE_LENGTH = 2
    LIMIT_FLIP_QUEUE_LENGTH_SLEEP = 0
    STICKYKEY = 510
    TOGGLEKEY = 62
    FILTERKEY = 126
    ACCESSIBILITYKEY_SAVED = 0
    LANGUAGE = -482460772
    WINDOW_X = 0
    WINDOW_Y = 0
    CLOTH_LOGICAL_THREAD_0 = 1
    CLOTH_LOGICAL_THREAD_1 = 0
    CLOTH_LOGICAL_THREAD_2 = -1
    CLOTH_LOGICAL_THREAD_3 = -1
    NETWORK_PERFORM_BENCHMARKING = 1
    NETWORK_OPT_UPSTREAM_BANDWIDTH = 2141910
    ONLINE_FORWARDED_PORT = 0

16. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    lol i didn't know it was possible to tweak options, not bad.

so you actually disable MSAA in game and force 32x in CP? cause i'm using 8x and "enhancing" to 32x, although tbh 8x is already very good.

i disabled only Depth Of Field, game looks better without it actually. :nerd:

edit: ok i disabled AA and forced 32x in CP, looks better, actually i don't think 32x works when enhanced, now there are almost no jaggies at all, also forced Transparency Supersample 8x which improved a few things including the basket net and alpha blended textures.

150fps with all this enabled, i'm going add this to a profile so i don't have to change settings every time. :p

17. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    can't remember it fully, but i think they did.

i only played the pc version of 2k10 for about an hour or two. then hastily decided to just get the ps3 version as i was really annoyed by the icons which doesn't correlate by any means to a PC (unless, ofc, you're using an x360 controller with your pc). would it really be hard to change the icons with letters of a kb, or some other pc controller buttons? anything but console buttons.. really.

also, it's quite cumbersome to play with. for example when using direct pass/switch: you press direct pass and the icons appear above each player's heads. but since x360 icons are used, you then have to recall which keys you mapped to A or B or w/e. sure anyone can learn and get used to it, but it adds a little confusion and unnecessary thinking every now and then during gameplay. :puke2:

anyway, how's the my player guys? this is the mode i would be playing the most. i hear you can change sim time and player game time. and how's the substitution working in my player?

18. Elite Bushido™

Elite Bushido™ Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480 SLI
    yea but that would mean i need to buy another controller anyway which is like 35-40 bucks and to hook it up to my tv is kinda annoying... console is just plug and play:bang:

19. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    Nah you could get overlays to set it to show the xbox controls but not right out of the box, but maybe I'm thinkin bout 2k9

EDIT: also I wish the 2k series would have the "full" allstar weekend but sadly I don't think they have the licence for the dunk contest and skills tourneyetc

20. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yeah did the same, forced the Transparency & AA via profile. I average about 120 fps with everything maxed plus the forced AA. Keep in mind that's with a OC of 800/1600/1824.