RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by japamd, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mejiarma

Mejiarma Member

GPU:
    2xATI HD6950 2Gb xFire
    Bubble help when mouse hovering over any setting is not longer showing...
    Uninstalled / Reinstalled it (clear cache) two times, can't see the light...
    Can't find how to enable it again...
    Any tips appreciated...
    Mejiarma

P.D.: Hell of a day at work today... Def going for a scotch after hitting sent...

2. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Mmm, that normally happens when you changes some windows setting to not show balloon tips.
    There isn't a option on RPro itself.

3. Mejiarma

Mejiarma Member

GPU:
    2xATI HD6950 2Gb xFire
    Initially thought so, then noticed that balloons over icons (add new profile, backup, etc.) are showing Ok but the balloons over the settings are not showing... Maybe I'll be blessed by the divine illumination after the 3rd scotch... Thanks Merolac

4. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    They show fine for me with 1.0.9.5 (at least over checkboxes).

5. EfrainMan

EfrainMan New Member

GPU:
    XFX Radeon 5870
    Are there any limitations in the force triple buffering in d3d, such as doesn't work in DX10, etc?

6. Matthias46

Matthias46 Member

GPU:
    GTX 780
    Found a bug.

When i go in Settings and then i check "Disable API Monitoring", when i confirm with Yes i return back and the option is disabled. So practically i can't check this option.

7. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    This isn't a bug. Carefully read what the popup says. If you click yes, it means you don't disable it. Click No and it should be disabled. ;)
    And yes, it's confusing and unintuitive to click Yes and keep it enabled.
    For usability sake, I suggest to change the wording of the message and change Yes to disable it and No to keep it enabled (it would be even better change the text on the buttons to "Keep enabled" and "Disable").

Last edited: Oct 2, 2010
  8. Scerate

Scerate Guest

GPU:
    2080@2.1/1070N@2.0
    good to know, cause even in mass effec t 1 got black boxes here and there, first i was like omg my oc is unstable, but then i was running stock and it was even there, reverted back to 1.0.9.1 and even there it's gone now :banana:but only used 1.0.9.3 maybe even the lastest version fixes it

9. Matthias46

Matthias46 Member

GPU:
    GTX 780
    WOW...i'm so idiot :)

10. yaji

yaji Active Member

GPU:
    HIS Radeon 4850 512MB
    After the latest update AvP DX11 stoped working at all for me.

11. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Lots of bugs, huh? :bang:

But don't worry, October builds are going to fix them all (I hope :p)

12. Scerate

Scerate Guest

GPU:
    2080@2.1/1070N@2.0
    if everything was perfect :rolleyes: but noticed with latest build something, every UE3 Game makes errors like THIS after quitting at least for me, with 1.0.9.2 everything is nice and smooth :)

13. Rootax

Rootax Member Guru

GPU:
    3090 MSI Suprim X
    1.0.7.51 is perfect for me, no reason to change.

14. damafan

damafan Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 580GTX Lightning III
    i found a bug with world of warcraft.. whenever i run wow with a RP profile (regardless of any tweaks or settings) there is a mini stutter every 3 secs. you can see it on the login screen with the falling snow and the frostdrake. look carefully at the snow animation and you will notice the stutter. its the same in game when you run you get a micro stuttering even though the fps is 60 constant.

the only way to fix this is to press the hotkey to display the crossfire bar and turn it off. the micro stutter will disappear. very annoying but should be fixable.

thanks!

15. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    Damn, I thought I was imagining things. Same thing happening to me in Darksiders. Micro stutter every 3 or 4 seconds at constant 60fps. I close RadeonPro and it's all back to being smooth.

16. damafan

damafan Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 580GTX Lightning III
    you just need to display crossfire bar and off it (hotkey toggle) and it will fix by itself.

17. webtax

webtax New Member

GPU:
    ati, gygabyte hd4850 512m
    any chance to add gpu scaling into radeonpro? it doesnt come in ati tray ools., and is the only reason why i keep instaling CCC.

18. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    Hah! Yea, all RadeonPro is missing are the "Enable GPU scaling" and "Pixel Format" settings. Then it could totally replace CCC. For 3D tweaks it already is way more advanced then CCC.
    All the rest of the features that CCC has are mostly useless or can be achieved with built in windows settings, like changing the resolution (Who changes their resolution to anything other then the native one on their LCD monitor anyway).
    The Enhanced Video settings are even better tweaked in Video Players Like MPC-HC (Just set the shaders you like).
    And Overclocking is for Afterburner.

Maybe AMD will buy RadeonPro and make it their default Control Panel.
    Not sure if it's good or bad yet.

BTW, the most useless thing in CCC imho is the Color tab and it's available in like 3 places in CCC. Do anyone actually set those settings to anything other then the default setting? Why? You can just tweak the same settings on your monitor or TV.
    Why the hell would you want to use CCC to add more green to your picture. :bang: You have CRT monitor from 1994 and it's missing green?

One more thing. Is it possible to have option for RadeoPro that sets the Underscan/Overscan setting to "0" and keeps it there. Like "Underscan Fix" tool does? I have a feeling AMD will keep breaking scaling in every other driver. We could have one tool that fixes it once and for all.

19. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    i do fdisk. Saturation cant be achieved with monitor and without it all my colors seems like grey. Old monitor i guess xP (one of the first non-CRTs which had less than 10ms latency).

And they seem in 3 places because they are for different things.

atm i think japamd should stabilize current features instead of releasing new features (which are always welcome anyways :p). I went back to 1.0.7.51 for now. <-- He said in october xP.

20. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    I think it's fixed in my working build.

It's not a bug itself, hardware pooling is time consuming and depending on game engine and vsync settings the stuttering can be more or less noticeable.

I have the same feeling if I play Dirt 2 with vsync on, but have no stuttering if I play with vsync off. I'm afraid it's not fixable as you think, but I've made the program to not pool devices if the CFX bar is not configured to be visible at game startup.

About new features, there's still a few builds to be released in order to fix current bugs, then new features will be implemented. Here's what I'm planning for future versions of RadeonPro:

1- Misc. profile settings (custom AA/CFX profiles, etc.)
    2- Driver DLL version replacement per profile upon game startup (e.g. use ATIUMDAG.DLL or ATIOGLXX.DLL from previously released Catalyst drivers)
    3- Show current 3D API in use and OpenGL support for OSD stuff (FPS counter, screenshots, etc.)
    4- Video recording
    5- Misc. video adjustments (GPU scaling, Eyefinity configuration, etc.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.