GeForce ForceWare 260.63 Beta Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Galdere, Sep 14, 2010.

?

How do you rate 260.63 beta?

1. Better than 258.96

266 vote(s)
    71.1%
  2. Worse than 258.96

39 vote(s)
    10.4%
  3. About the same

48 vote(s)
    12.8%
  4. My bug wasn't fixed!

21 vote(s)
    5.6%
  1. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    The drivers were to fix GPU and SLI utilization not CPU. If you want to see a performance increase, upgrade your graphics card and stop blaming Nvidia.

2. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]

lol:bonk: it is a problem, in BFBC2 its not scaling so good with more than 3 cores, 4th core doesn't help much; nvidia knows it as well and it was mentioned here@ guru3d many times.. but if you don't have a clue, then move along.

3. DecIll

DecIll New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 285
    Current driver probs while using Win 7 Enterprise 32-Bit with Nvidia 285GTX. Haven't been fixed in earlier versions too.

1) Blood splatters on the ground in Warhammer Mark of Chaos : Battlemarch appear as red square boxes!

2) Vsync in Stalker (Force on in Nv Control Panel) : Shadow of Chernobyl = Massive drop in frame rates when directly viewing fire. When i use the ingame Vsync it's ok.

3) Vsync in Mount & Blade = Doesn't matter if i use the ingame toggle or the Nv Control Panel force on, leads to a drop in frame rates at certain viewing angles (dense forests). Alot of visual tearing with Vsync off so i have to bump up the max frame rate in the game options to 120.

4) Still can't run Vampire : Bloodlines = Game crashes with .exe error

4. AmigaWolf

AmigaWolf Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    No it's not the problem, even when if disable SLI i still have dose video
    problems, so it's the new Nvidia driver.

5. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    I do have a clue, and you are speaking nonsense, so I suggest you move along.

Nvidia is not responsible for CPU utilization. These drivers were put out to increase GPU utilization, as well increase SLI compatibility for GTX 460's and above.

Keep yelling at Nvidia, and I'll laugh in the background. :bang:

If you want answers, start yelling at DICE to fix their damn engine.

6. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    I went back 258.96 cause this beta was giving Mass Effect 2 some odd bugs like during a cut scene a character would say in place just moving his hands in circles or something.I don't mind waiting 2 months for a driver update but when it starts to take 3-5 months then that's just ridiculous and they need to finish up with the driver and stop screwing around.

7. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    yea i see you dont!

And im talking about 1 GAME Battlefield Badcompany2 and yea nvidia knows it stutters with 4 cores (with 3 its allot smoother) and fyi driver code can optimize better cpu utilization too, If thats a first for you then all i can say is :stewpid:

im not gonna bother replying to your stupidity anymore.

8. AmigaWolf

AmigaWolf Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    Sorry i am with GhostXL on this one, this is something the makers of the game
    (engine) must fix and not Nvidia, Nvidia is about GPU's (there GPU's) and not
    about CPU's or game engines that are crap.

So can we be nice again to one another ?

Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
  9. ßÍöHÅZÅRD§pëRM

ßÍöHÅZÅRD§pëRM Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA-680 FTW+
    BFBC2 3 cores is placebo effect sorry it does not work for everyone

10. Zer0K3wL

Zer0K3wL Banned

GPU:
    gtx 480 850/1700/2000 h2o
    does anyone have any issues leaving fan on auto with these drivers and with gtx 480 sc from evg ?

my card just spontaniously going 100% fan speed while at idle while gpu is't even getting above 40c........

and during game it does the other way around fan speed drops sudenly back to 44% ;|

i just got this card i dont wanna rma it just yet ;|

11. moheban79

moheban79 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6970 - 2GB Trifire
    Stay away!

I noticed that my second 480GTX Temp went climbed up to 105 degrees because the fan speed was locked at 44% in Metro2033 with these beta drivers. I used Precision 2.0 to monitor fps and temps and fan speeds. Every thing is back to normal after a complete driver uninstall and reinstall of the previous 258.96 whql drivers. I used driver cleaner to remove every last trace of these dangerous betas.

Nvidia not cool...

So people stay away from these! Luckily I barely put my gpus under much load. Only gamed for an hour max until I realized. If anyone else with a similar config please verify and spread the word.

Thanks.

12. ßÍöHÅZÅRD§pëRM

ßÍöHÅZÅRD§pëRM Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA-680 FTW+
    i have two EVGA 480Sc's and do not have this issue ,but i am using custom fan profiles in Precision

13. Zer0K3wL

Zer0K3wL Banned

GPU:
    Thnx for posting :D i try out 258.96 now again.

anyway have you been testing 258.96 now for long time to see if you really fixed this issue ?

custom aint effected obviously in evga precision

14. moheban79

moheban79 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6970 - 2GB Trifire
    One time thing..

No I haven't been testing for long but I've been running 258.96 with precision and monitoring my temps on the OSD most of the time and have not noticed it go over 92 degrees for both cards since I got these EVGA 480GTX Vanilla flavored cards. The point is that this fan problem is new to me since installing the 260.62 betas just a few days ago. I will certainly keep an watchful eye on those temps and rpms now you bet!

Thanks.

15. dragomirc

dragomirc Guest

GPU:
    eVGA GTX580 965/1930/4400
    Download the MSI Afterburner (works on all Fermi cards) and build the fan profile. It is easy and prevent card from overheating.

Best profile should be:
    40 C set 40% fan spin
    50 C set 55%
    60 C set 65%
    70 C set 75%
    80 C set 90%
    90 C set 100%

This control fan spin to follow temperature changes.

By the way, Afterburner is one of the best overclocking utilities.

[​IMG]

16. moheban79

moheban79 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6970 - 2GB Trifire

Will try it out later. Thanks.

17. Zer0K3wL

Zer0K3wL Banned

GPU:
    tryit that also would still just randomly for 2 or 3 sec go 100% fan speed during idle.
    probaly also go back to 44% fanspeed randomly during games altough using custom preset basicly prevents it from sticking to 44% permantly since its will directly go back up to old fan speed anyway.

18. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    the game runs flawless for me dude. I just get 40-80 gpu usage with the game but all my other game utilize the gpu 99%

19. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Good, because your clearly looking in the mirror when it comes to your stupidity comment. Keep flaming, I find it entertaining at this point.

You complain about Nvidia with a GTS 250, and about drivers tailored for GTX 460 and above. Don't talk to me about stupidity. On top of it all, Nvidia is doing their best to FIX DICE's Very Pretty, yet ****ty engine. So keep throwing punches at Nvidia, so I can keep laughing.

If you want better performance, Upgrade your graphics card and CPU. You are on outdated hardware. Everything in life can't just be given to you bud.

20. moheban79

moheban79 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6970 - 2GB Trifire
    Don't think it was random...

I don't think it was random as it happened twice. Not only that at times the control panel would fail to enable or disable sli mode giving a 'you must close these programs to continue' error where there where no background programs listed.

Nvidia has released flawed broken drivers in the past. The last one was a few months ago where they had to pull the release as it was causing fan control problems. I also personally experienced sli flickering on two of my machines from right before the 200 series driver release.

I don't want to sound like a complainer. I know thats just part of the process. Will try afterburner when I get a chance...

Thanks.